• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is Cannibalism That Wrong?

Not necessarily, because people are entirely capable of realizing when something is or is not any of their business. Just because you don't eat meat doesn't mean you absolutely have to get on your soapbox and insist that eating meat is horrible and claim that you have the moral high ground.

...I don't see Time Psyduck getting on any soapbox. Not in this thread, anyway.

I'm actually a little curious as to how we taste cooked.. but no, I think it's just plain gross. Plain gross-ness aside, I'd use his body as bait to attract worms/bugs, and eat said worms/bugs.

Or just chew on a twig, or a leaf, while walking straight (in some random direction.)

i can see myself cannibalizing (outside of extreme circumstances).

i don't see what's so wrong about it. meat is meat, hunger is hunger. of course in our society it's unthinkable, but... really.

No. Its sick. Why would anyone want to eat another of their species? Its sick. I'm not a vegetarian but that is way too far. You don't eat people, we don't kill each other and eat their flesh. Its called civilisation.

No. Its sick. Why would anyone want to eat another of their species? Its sick. I'm not a vegetarian but that is way too far. You don't eat people, we don't kill each other and eat their flesh. Its called civilisation.
Why don't we?

I mean, okay, killing people is usually wrong, but once they're dead, wouldn't it make sense to do something with all that spare meat instead of just feeding it to the maggots?

That said, I don't know if it's particularly healthy (it's probably been mentioned somewhere in this topic already, but I can't be bothered). Still, that's not the point.

No. Its dignified and plain wrong. We are not primapes any longer, we don't need to do that.

No. Its dignified and plain wrong. We are not primapes any longer, we don't need to do that.
Well, I wouldn't mind doing something dignified...

And sure, we don't need to (and I'm pretty sure prime apes don't need to, either), but that doesn't make it wrong.

Look, its just one of those things you don't do, you shouldn't do, its terrible and wrong.

Look, its just one of those things you don't do, you shouldn't do, its terrible and wrong.
Mm, yes... Unfortunately, I don't tend to buy "this is wrong because it is" arguments. I mean, I understand that you don't want to eat other people. I don't, either. But that doesn't mean it's terrible and wrong - it just means you don't like it. Confusing personal opinions and preferences with moral absolutes is quite a mistake!

Well, I don't advocate it, but when it's necessary for survival... I personally wouldn't do it, I'd rather starve. But if they are already dead, and you're not killing them for it... meh.

The human race has advanced and grown against it. Thats why we "just don't do it"

DarkArmour said:
We are not primapes any longer

primeapeij7.png

I don't believe we ever were

Back
Top Bottom