• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Johto Pokémafia (INNOCENTS WIN)

Re: Johto PokéMafia (DAY TWO)

Huh, wow. This game's turning out pretty weird so far. First no deaths, then two...

But I have nothing useful to offer. I'm kind of reluctant to lynch, though... Flora not being active in any Mafia game doesn't seem like a good reason to lynch her in this one. :/

At least we can confirm that the Mafia has access to either a fire and electric move (seeing as we don't know if both attacks were due to the Mafia)?
Exeggutor sounds like a terrorist role, seeing as it has moves like Egg Bomb and Seed Bomb. Clefable could be either a Schizo or a Healer with Metronome/Moonlight.

Judging by the two deaths, do you guys think that we're dealing with only final evolutions that evolved using stones? We have Clefable, which evolves from Clefairy using a Moon Stone and Exeggutor, which evolves from Exeggcute using a Leaf Stone. Maybe our Mafia is something like the Eevee Evolutions?

As for the let's lynch 'Flower Doll' thing, I'm happy to lynch her, but I'll wait until she replies to this topic (if she does) before finalizing my vote.

Flora not being active in any Mafia game doesn't seem like a good reason to lynch her in this one. :/

Assuming everybody has an equal chance at having been assigned to any particular role, and assuming we don't have any particular suspicion against someone, then it follows that everybody is equally strategically beneficial/harmful to lynch. Therefore isn't it best to lynch somebody who isn't even participating than lynching someone who's helping/talking who might be innocent? Flower Doll just happens to be the nonparticipant who was first mentioned. This is the same bandwagoning principle that happens in almost every game.

Judging by the two deaths, do you guys think that we're dealing with only final evolutions that evolved using stones? We have Clefable, which evolves from Clefairy using a Moon Stone and Exeggutor, which evolves from Exeggcute using a Leaf Stone. Maybe our Mafia is something like the Eevee Evolutions?
It's perfectly possible, especially as there are 18 players and exactly 18 stone evolutions as of Gen II, but I'm a little wary about jumping to that conclusion after only two roles revealed. It's something to keep in mind, though. And, of course, it's flavor, so it doesn't really affect anything until we get into roleclaims and have to worry about whether or not people are lying.

As does mine.

I know one doesn't -- Sneasel, the vigilante that killed Superbird. It's my special win condition to terrorist them. (Terrorist like how the usual role goes, except I'm innocent-aligned.) (And I don't care that this means I get vigilante'd the next night, as I'm not especially paying attention to mafia/have limited internet at the moment.)

So whoever'd like to point suspicions toward someone mafia/the vigilante especially, let me know so I can be all blow-uppy in their faces. [nodnod]

It's perfectly possible, especially as there are 18 players and exactly 18 stone evolutions as of Gen II, but I'm a little wary about jumping to that conclusion after only two roles revealed. It's something to keep in mind, though. And, of course, it's flavor, so it doesn't really affect anything until we get into roleclaims and have to worry about whether or not people are lying.

I was only jumping to the conclusion because my role also evolves from a stone. But seeing as there is a Sneasel running about and Mawile's role doesn't evolve, I'm obviously wrong then!

I don't really think that stones have anything to do with it. To me it sounds like a red herring. You never know, though!

I'm doubtful about the 'stones' thing too. Especially since it's been disproven.

On lynching Flower Doll, I agree. However, she gets lynched so often she sometimes doesn't have time to post. Meh. It's already been one day and some more.

Last edited:

It doesn't seem like Flower Doll is going to reply, so I might as well finalize my vote.
I don't really see the point in signing up for Mafias if you're not going to participate in any of them, but whatever!

Lynch Flower Doll.

...hi, I have midterms and homework and stuff -.-

Uh, so. I'm actually not Mafia this time. (unlike at least one other Mafia I was in?) Not that my role's too useful or anything, since I'm just a redirector -.-

My Pokemon doesn't evolve from a stone, though it is a final evolution (Furret), btw.

So, uh, I'm kinda reluctant to counter-lynch. Maybe later.

Knowing that there is no Alien, we can be safe about lynching. It makes me happy.

Flower Doll because she is never of much help in a game.

The first thing definitely sounds like something mafia would say, and he was one of the first to vote... Wargle, at least so Flora has a chance.

But hey, now that we've had two or three roleclaims, why doesn't everyone do so? If we get enough of them (Emerald, do you mind extending the day a little if more discussion happens? :D), the mafia usually go down pretty easy. It happens all the time in #mafia. "$name is dead!" "Doctor." "Inspector." "... unactivated alien." "... Oh, you guys just suck."

I'll go vote Wargle, I think. Hopefully it'll stop the bandwagon because I feel like believing Flora.

So and I think I'll also go with Midnight's possible plan, but I'd rather not roleclaim for now, seeing as one doctor's already dead. I'm not mafia, though.

And here's a list of players I decided to make.

Superbird - Exeggutor, not mafia.
Killed, electricity near body.

OrngSumb

Karkat Vantas

Dave Strider

Mawile - ???
Role does not evolve.

Jack_the_PumpkinKing

Polymetric Sesquialtera
"has nothing useful to offer"?

Mai

Littlestream
Still has not posted.

Blaziking the Adept
Still has not posted.

Rai-CH
Proposed the "final evolutions with stones only" thing. Disproven, though..

Wargle - ???
Often incurs suspicion.

Silver - ?
Still hasn't posted at all.

Midnight - Weird innocent-aligned role that wins if she terrorists Sneasel.
Proposed "everybody roleclaim!" plan.

Seritinajii - not mafia.

Flower Doll - Furret, not mafia.
A redirector? What's that again?

werefish5 - Clefable, not mafia.
Killed, with burn marks on body.

Minnow
Still hasn't posted.

Also, the vigilante role is a Sneasel, who killed Superbird. And if Midnight is right about that, then the Vigilante has access to Electric-type killing moves.

And there's no alien. Yay!

Last edited:

Lynching me is not a good. Idea. I can roleclaim if needed.

Polymetric Sesquialtera
"has nothing useful to offer"?

I kinda meant that to mean "I can't give anything to day discussion" but whatevs. My Pokémon is Poliwrath, I'm not Mafia but I'm rather reluctant to reveal my actual power because, again, one doctor is dead. If so need be then I can but I'd rather not :C

Gah I thought I was one role but Im that in another.

OK lynching me would only lead to the death of another...

First no deaths, then two...

Midnight was kind enough to reveal to us that there's a Sneasel vig, so it's pretty obvious that's why there have been two deaths.

Speaking of which... if there is a Sneasel vig and he's responsible for one of the two deaths, why are they electric and fire type, respectively? The only explanation I can think of is that the attack types are randomized.

@ stones theory: I'm a Forretress. Won't work.

The day phase is extended for another twenty-four hours to allow for more discussion.

But hey, now that we've had two or three roleclaims, why doesn't everyone do so? If we get enough of them (Emerald, do you mind extending the day a little if more discussion happens? :D), the mafia usually go down pretty easy. It happens all the time in #mafia. "$name is dead!" "Doctor." "Inspector." "... unactivated alien." "... Oh, you guys just suck."

Oh, sure. I'm Eevee, the Variable. I sided with the Innocents and evolved into an Umbreon with a Substitute, basically giving me two lives. My Substitute hasn't been broken yet.

Back
Top Bottom