• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kingdom Hearts

Am I the only one who thought Dragon Maleficent and Riku 2 were easy in KH1?

Well, yes on Dragon Maleficent. I stayed on the trees on the side and let Donald and Goofy do the work, went to get an ice cream, and came back to deliver the final blow. Riku 2 took some time for me, which was annoying because it's got this long cutscene in front of it. D:

KH1 was awsome, Com was meh, but KH2 was the best! I'm currently replaying it on Proud mode (I've only played Standard so far). Also, while the Disney worlds are basically fillers in KH2, the worlds themselves were much much much better. I mean seriously, who here actually prefers Alice in Wonderland, Pinoccio, and Tarzan to Pirates of the Caribbean, Lion King, and Mulan?

Anyway, right now I'm reeelly excited about the upcoming DS game, 358/2 Days (pronounced "Three Five Eight Days Over Two"), just cause you get to play as the Organization (err, at least the half Sora and Riku didn't kill in CoM) and you can do multi-player! Although, it really could have had a better name... I WOULD be excited about Birth by Sleep for PSP, but there's one little problem: I don't have a PSP.

... honestly I'd take Alice in Wonderland over Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lion King was intended to be in KHI but they were having difficulties with it. The movies the worlds are based on tend to be better in KHII, but the worlds themselves are crap. It's a rehash of the movie with Heartless thrown in. where is the appeal

The only real problem with Chain of Memories is that very few people had the patience to try figuring out how to work the card system. It's not anywhere near as bad as people treat it: it's just not conducive to button-mashing and people tend to be used to button-mashing their ways through KHI and KHII. Also, the characters are considerably more developed and also more interesting than the KHII ones. Half of KHII took place offscreen.

The only real problem with Chain of Memories is that very few people had the patience to try figuring out how to work the card system. It's not anywhere near as bad as people treat it: it's just not conducive to button-mashing and people tend to be used to button-mashing their ways through KHI and KHII. Also, the characters are considerably more developed and also more interesting than the KHII ones. Half of KHII took place offscreen.

This is true. I don't like the card battle system, but KHCOM's story is quite nice. The things I have problems with in COM is that bosses near the end get ridiculously cheap (I was watching a video I made and Larxene can use one card to hit you 4 times. If she keeps doing this, it's a combo that's impossible to get out of and you die.), many attacks can't be card broken because... the game just doesn't let you use any cards when you're getting hit by it (once again, Larxene), and fighting battles on floor 13 is almost impossible if most of your deck is made of cards below 7. (Also, I like your title. The CoM manga was nice)

(CoM manga was rather better than KHII manga, yes. I liked bits of it, such as Zexion's secret identity
... pickled daikon
, but eh :/)

Really? I never had any trouble using my zero cards when I needed a card break.

also um why would your deck ever be made of cards lower than seven? Especially late game? Weak high-value cards (Kingdom Key) are much better than strong low-value cards (One-Winged Angel). That's part of what makes part of Reverse/Rebirth so difficult, actually: Riku doesn't always go with high-value cards. If you're having trouble on the thirteenth floor, it probably is because your deck isn't set up right.

also um why would your deck ever be made of cards lower than seven? Especially late game?

Extremely bad luck with field objects and moogle shops. It's not that I had too much trouble, it's just those damned Neoshadows never using anything below 7, forcing my reload counter to go to 3 pretty much every battle.

Never bothered with R/R. I dunno why, once I beat Marluxia I just went "That's it, never again" and stopped playing.

It's usually a good idea to save before buying anything at a moogle shop.

Reverse/Rebirth is better than the first plotline for most of the game, actually, since you don't make your deck. Also your deck reloads instantly.

It's usually a good idea to save before buying anything at a moogle shop.

Reverse/Rebirth is better than the first plotline for most of the game, actually, since you don't make your deck. Also your deck reloads instantly.

Yeah. Well, I plan on importing KH2FM+ in a few weeks, so if I play R/R it'll be on that.

Lucky... Hey, I heard CoM on FM+ is 3-D and has voice-acting, but is it still card-based, or is the gameplay like KHI and II?

RE:CoM is card-based. Slightly modified so that there's even more incentive to cardbreak, too.

They also added in a fight against Zexion.

KH2 just might be my favourite game ever ^^

So yes, they rule. Well, KH and KH2 do. I've never played CoM ^^

I like Kingdom Hearts. So... What is your opinion on what Organization XIII members are most annoying to fight?

Last edited:
Demyx. He was easy on my first go-through, but after going through Expert Mode in KHI, he was a bitch since I had gotten used to actually trying to avoid hits.

Meh, I like the series, but it has its problems. Let's be frank: If it wasn't for Disney, this would be yet another belts-and-zippers pointless Square bishiefest. And it's heading in that direction as the Disney worlds are shoved to the side to make way for ZOMG ORGANIZATION XIII SHOOO HAWT!!!!11

And to answer the "Most Annoying Organization XIII Member", Xaldin. Fucking Xaldin. I've been stuck against him for about two years now, and he's pretty mch been a huge roadblock in my being able to beat the game.

Meh, I like the series, but it has its problems. Let's be frank: If it wasn't for Disney, this would be yet another belts-and-zippers pointless Square bishiefest. And it's heading in that direction as the Disney worlds are shoved to the side to make way for ZOMG ORGANIZATION XIII SHOOO HAWT!!!!11

And to answer the "Most Annoying Organization XIII Member", Xaldin. Fucking Xaldin. I've been stuck against him for about two years now, and he's pretty mch been a huge roadblock in my being able to beat the game.
Level up to at least 50.

The bosses were shite. I've been playing RPGs since I got a hold of FFVI. Compared to things like Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy and even FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts is at the bottom of the scale.

Not that it's a bad thing. It is for gamers who've been in the genre since the days of dice and saving throws, but it's an entry-level game.

Argh, I hate Organisation XIII. Seriously. They ruined KHII for me. And oh god the yaoi fangirls it led to. :/

The first game was wonderful, cheerful fun but I disliked the second game.

The Organization XIII member I hate fighting? Probably Demyx. But then again I can't remember most of their names and I haven't played it for a while, so I can't remember all the boss battles...

So I am playing 358/2 Days because I fucking can.

I love this game. The plot is so, so terrible. Axel and Roxas eat ice cream, but then Xion, a clone made from Sora's heart that looks exactly like Kairi except with DARK BLUE HAIR so maybe she's more of Zexion and Kairi's demented offspring or something, I don't know, pops up and joins the Organization as an unofficial NUMBER XIV. Roxas and Xion eat ice cream a lot while Axel is off messing around at Castle Oblivion, but then Axel finds out and is JEALOUS so Roxas suggests that they all eat ice cream together sometime. Xion turns evil and tries to kill everyone so Roxas pulls a Riku Replica and then Roxas finds out that it's all Xemnas's fault so he runs off and gets kidnapped. Oops. And then they eat ice cream some more.

On the other hand, I am having quite a lot of fun although I have yet to figure out how to use limit breaks. I've mainly been playing through Mission Mode because so far the Story Mode has been firmly attached to the model of "Roxas goes ... a lot while everyone else talks in his general direction. Occasionally he asks what things are, too, and why he's doing things." Never play as Zexion ever.

From who I've tried, Marluxia and Luxord are easiest to play as, ignoring Roxas because Roxas is the only one that's actually EASY. I've died horribly to a group of Shadows, Possessors, Yellow Operas, and/or Crimson Tangos as Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin (though he's really fun to play as), Lexaeus (dude moves like a rock), Zexion (mmm taking damage like its claws are a truck~), Saix (dude moves faster than Lexaeus but not by much), Axel (he's got higher defense than Zexion! ... but not by much. It must be the hourglass figure...), Demyx (I hope DANCE WATER DANCE is his limit break because I haven't gotten any water clones yet...), and Larxene (she's even weaker than Axel....)

Xemnas doesn't believe in walking.

Getting hit by magic attacks inflicts status ailments as well as damaging. Saix and Luxord are REALLY EASILY lit on fire. It's very sad.

Apparently you get gag weaponry at some point. Saix gets a banana.

By the way, the manga adaptation of this game looks like it'll be what I wanted from it in the first place: stupid Organization hijinks. There're things like Zexion and Demyx playing Twister! HOW CAN THIS GO WRONG?

I still want an OXIII hjinks TV show. Maybe they could air it on the Disney channel.

Last edited:
Xion's
hair's dark blue? I thought it was black. (Now that I look at it again, it seems like a really dark blue. *shrugs*)

I think I'm excited for 358/2 Days' Multiplayer mode more than anything (Somehow managed to convince my sister to get it once it comes out in the States. I think the knowledge that you could play as Riku in Multiplayer helped), but I kinda like the storyline as well.

I think I'm gonna play as Saix just for that banana. XP

Back
Top Bottom