• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

knives alley hydra mafia

As far as the watch result goes, I'm afraid I can't explain it. VM and I don't have a night action at all, as I'll go into shortly, so I don't know what Jack saw. My best guess is that either he's lying (which possibly doesn't match up well with him correctly identifying bruh moment's action on N0? need to think about that a bit more) or that someone else is interfering with his results. But I accept that neither of those probably seem likely to the rest of you, I figure in your shoes it would make more sense to be suspicious of me than him.

-qenya

My best guess is that either he's lying (which possibly doesn't match up well with him correctly identifying bruh moment's action on N0? need to think about that a bit more) or that someone else is interfering with his results.
(I should also say that I hadn't been scumreading him at all to this point, so the latter is seeming more likely to me atm)

-qenya

I guess I should clear up a little bit of our thinking wrt bruh moment. So, I think like half of y'all know this already, so it's not giving much away: our role is "attorney", which is like governor except as a day action (and oneshot). It's literally exactly what bruh moment did yesterDay: we can pick a target during the day and make them unyeetable. It even has exactly the same trigger phrase. We instantly panicked as soon as that happened because we didn't think it made much sense for the same faction to have the same role twice, especially when it seemed inherently more useful to mafia than to town.

tucker33 contacted us last night - the hydra, that is, not either one of us individually, which is interesting - to basically say he was feeling the same way about them. (Since he hasn't revealed his identity yet I shan't either.) He also gave us a bunch of association reads that he said were making him suspect kyeugh and Zori were scumbuddies, although obviously that turned out not to be the case. So we were coming into this Day pretty confident in our conclusion and ready to push on bruh moment and/or lolfoxes. (I agree with... was that Ephemera? that voting out a hydra is probably more +EV than a single player, all other things being equal. A higher proportion of town-directed kills vs. mafia-directed ones is good.)

But now this is more interesting:
fwiw we were not aware of being visited n0. can confirm that we left together that night, though, and visited quetzal.
To my knowledge, aside from this claim that you have a night action as well as yesterday's day action, no hydra so far has had or claimed to have multiple roles (please by all means correct me if I'm wrong there). So the immediate hypothesis that jumps to mind here is that your role is actually some kind of role thief, and you learned our role on N0 with the ability to use it on D1. And that's why you burned your apparent oneshot on D1 - you knew you weren't going to get to save it for a later day. Am I right?

If that's the case it removes basically every mech reason we had to suspect you, and most of the tonal ones too. And leaves us back at square one, except with a confusing investigative result against us. Öööööörgh.

-qenya

He also gave us a bunch of association reads that he said were making him suspect kyeugh and Zori were scumbuddies, although obviously that turned out not to be the case.
Uh, for the record, I was already a little bit 👀 about Zori even before Tucker gave us his reads, because I'd asked her a couple of leading questions that she completely ignored - firstly about why she townread Skylar's entrance here as being "solvy", even though she townread the exact opposite in Cats! (2019), and secondly about her thoughts on how big the scumteam was.

-qenya

the thought that will not leave me alone: do we think there are third alignments? do we think tucker is self-aligned? i don't Think so but it's a possibility maybe.

Well now this is an interesting idea, thank you sande

Thank you especially for the information that actions definitely can target only one head of a hydra

Don't have time to issue thoughts in full now, but, full disclosure: My and VM's role is flavoured as him carrying out the action. However I did explicitly check with rari and can confirm that, mechanically, either of us is allowed to be the one to perform it

-qenya
anyway this is very cool that vm is flavored as the one carrying out the action but jack saw qenya do things. so one of you is or has been lying or otherwise fucked up your info at some point

-- sande

time to reread the whole thread because all of you are getting information that i don't have and either rari really likes neighborizers or i did not actually read most of the thread -- sande

To my knowledge, aside from this claim that you have a night action as well as yesterday's day action, no hydra so far has had or claimed to have multiple roles (please by all means correct me if I'm wrong there). So the immediate hypothesis that jumps to mind here is that your role is actually some kind of role thief, and you learned our role on N0 with the ability to use it on D1. And that's why you burned your apparent oneshot on D1 - you knew you weren't going to get to save it for a later day. Am I right?
yes, you’re right. we spy through a window each night and try to live the lives of the inhabitants the next day. we can confirm that your power is as you say, and also that (to our knowledge) you don’t have any other ones. we asked rari if we’d be able to see single-headed actions and she said we can “watch what we can see through the window,” whatever that means. so we think if you had one that we would have seen it, but can’t really be sure.
-q

ok but if yr role is just attorney how were you seen visiting someone last night lmao

like occam's razor you're just a mafioso with an ability

i imagine that since the mafia, yunno, makes sure there's no witnesses, that one couldn't copy the factional kill

attorney definitely seems like a mafia role to me and that's not just bc i've been watching better call saul

i am choosing to believe that the tracker who i still can't remember the identity of wasn't fucked with and instead Just Used The Role Correctly

Well now this is an interesting idea, thank you sande

Thank you especially for the information that actions definitely can target only one head of a hydra

Don't have time to issue thoughts in full now, but, full disclosure: My and VM's role is flavoured as him carrying out the action. However I did explicitly check with rari and can confirm that, mechanically, either of us is allowed to be the one to perform it

-qenya
anyway this is very cool that vm is flavored as the one carrying out the action but jack saw qenya do things. so one of you is or has been lying or otherwise fucked up your info at some point

-- sande
hi everyone in this post we learn i cannot read.

Back
Top Bottom