• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lady Gaga

I'm pretty surprised by this thread. I thought it'd be full of hate-

Well, here's some new found hate. I can't stand this woman, as a singer or as a "person". She makes me want to bash my head in. kbai

Oh God, never mind Poker Face, he's listened to Hot 'n' Cold by Katy Perry! :<

Katy Perry is pretty godawful. Not to mention her song Ur So Gay makes me want to stab myself.

Hot n Cold is in my top 50 songs on last.fm. Actually it might even be top 25.

As an elitist death metalhead, I can truely say that Lady Gaga is absolutely fantastic and that the haters on here have not managed to grasp the pure genius of her music. :D Not even joking, she's a great singer, she's got some amazing songs, and she's a lot more interesting than most of the generic clone singers cluttering up the charts these days. I haven't heard her new album yet but if it's anywhere near as good as the first I''ll be in for a right treat :D

As an elitist death metalhead, I can truely say that Lady Gaga is absolutely fantastic and that the haters on here have not managed to grasp the pure genius of her music. :D Not even joking, she's a great singer, she's got some amazing songs, and she's a lot more interesting than most of the generic clone singers cluttering up the charts these days. I haven't heard her new album yet but if it's anywhere near as good as the first I''ll be in for a right treat :D
I guess you haven't listened to KT Tunstall. Or Regina Spektor. Or Priscilla Ahn. ZOINK! >:D

kbai.

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just hatin' because I hate Lady Gaga (go figure). Priscilla Ahn is a great singer, but some of her songs are a little... boring. Regina Spektor is really interesting I think, but you have to have the aptitude for her stuff. You could check them both out, if you wanted.

you are not alone

Also I like Lilly Allen more than Katy Perry is this wrong

And in general pop talk my favourite band is Pet Shop Boys, so er.

Lily Allen is pretty cool. :D

Now that Regina Spektor's been mentioned, I will take the opportunity to say that she is sooo the most awesome singer listed in this thread. Kind of in a different league to, uh, Lady GaGa.

Does anyone listen to Florence + the Machine? People say they're good but I really can't be bothered to dl some of their stuff and then hate it.

Or Regina Spektor.
okay I love Regina Spektor but there is no way in hell you can compare her to Lady Gaga, it's completely different music. The only similarities between them is that they sing and they're both (?) girls.

I find KT Tunstall to be boring. :|

Cirrus: My boyfriend listens to Florence and the Machine and apparently it's good. But he likes everything, so idk. I haven't heard them myself.

I really really don't like her songs. They're crap. Though at least some of them go with the videos. Most female pop-artists tend to want their songs to be taken seriously while the only reason anyone buys them is for the so-close-to-but-not-quite nudity.
Lady Gaga, at least, embraces the fact that sex-appeal is all she actually has.
Also, she has a big, fat donkey dick. Which is awesome.

Oh and apparantly, Katy Perry was gay at some point, but she didn't make a big deal out of it, so it's all good.

Mika, though, I love. I'm, like, the only person I know who does, and I'm also the only person who doesn't ridicule me for it. But he's awesome.
Happy Ending is one of my favourite songs.

I really can't get into Katy Perry's songs.

As a discussion about pop in general, I listen to a lot of old pop. Particularly 80's synthpop. I'm not sure if I've mentioned before how gay I am for Duran Duran. :I

lily allen is good stuff. i like regina spektor, too; "dance anthem of the 80s" is fantastic.

generally speaking, the pop bands/singers i've heard and liked include kylie minogue, OMD, donna summer (especially the electronic giorgio stuff), blondie, etc...

i don't really have a preference for pop. i love harmonies, so of course i like white-boy barbershop quartets. girl groups from the 60s are cool, too. disco's cool, at least to me, because i was weaned on house and electronic music. synthpop is okay (albeit there are significantly fewer bands in that genre i like) for the same reasons, but when done right, it can be incredible. i think you can say that for any kind of pop. the only decade that doesn't do it for me is the 90s, after grunge.

i don't know. i'd argue that most of my music is pop, despite the fact that it's not charting music. i'd have to guess that brian eno and black dice are the only musicians i like that don't make "pop" music.

As much as I detest the pop scene (I admit I'm very closed minded when it comes to all non-metal music), Poker Face was actually pretty good. And for someone like ME to say that, well it means Lady Gaga is doing something very right.

I am an enthusiastic Gaga supporter. I dressed up as her this past halloween. Dubbed myself "Laddie Gaga". Was a big hit.

I don't care if other people don't like her. To each their own, everyone has their own opinions and whatnot. What I don't like is when people say they want her to die or anything like that. I went into a huge rant on Facebook about her when one of my friends said in a status that he wanted "her and her career to die in a fire".

Like her or not, you have to have some RESPECT for this woman. Her first two singles EVER (Just Dance and Poker Face) were number one on the charts, a feat not easily pulled off and hasn't been done by a woman since Madonna in the 80's (if I do believe). She writes her own music, she sings her own music, she choreographs her own music videos. Not a lot of "singers" today can account for those first two, which is just laughable.

YES, after watching Bad Romance (which I had on a constant loop for two days straight after I heard it for the first time) I will agree that she's slightly taking the piss now with her videos. Compare Bad Romance to Just Dance, her first video. Just Dance is a completely normal video; it's just people dancing. Bad Romance, although there IS something of a storyline in there somewhere, is totally just being weird for the sake of being weird, and I don't like that. Sure, Gaga, I supported you when you were being weird to be different, but now you're just doing it because you're trying to be "that performer".

Anyway, back on my original topic, whether you like her or not, you have to admit: the girl's got some STONES.

This thread is now about Lady Gaga's penis. Go.

Back
Top Bottom