• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Let's play the Sims 2!

Re: Possibly a dumb idea, Let's play the Sims 2 together!

I must join in somehow! >D

Cirrus
Female
Child
Some kind of medium skin, like... average dark hair and brown eyes :D
Eh, no facial appearances I can think of. A scar would be awesome though.
Any sort of full-body light suit or clothing, whatever. I don't mind. >D
Aries~
Career (if actually necessary), Artist

Hope I did this right. For the next wave of people if you actually need any (is there going to be just the Dragonfly family, or...?)

Sadly, even though I tried to get him based as closely to me as possible (>.> Irl, I am a decent cook and I hate sports... x.x), I have to agree. Sim me will likely die first. Either that, or he will get someone to eat his cooking, causing them to die. Then he will act like nothing happened :D

Then Flora was all

snapshotd4426f2ef4427c5sp0.jpg

BATHTUB CELEBRATION HUGZ

Wait, isn't that Cheetah? Methinks Flora is the little girl sitting on the floor playing what appears to be patty-cake with whom I think is Zeph.

Haha I know I was hoping no one would notice since I didn't feel like changing it. Will do now.

So now we all agree Eric will die first. Sounds like a good plan.
Anyone rooting for a male alien abduction? Green baby pregnancies <3

On another note, need to compile the pictures and add some of my hilariousy witty commentary and we've got an update.

The Dragonfly Family, Day 2

Now, the second I reload the game I immediately notice two things.

1. These fucking freeloaders are still here.
snapshotd4426f2ef444ca4sj2.jpg

Seriously, I often wish the Sims would stop being so Communist-y. What with letting everyone and anyone in to eat their food, waste their electricity, try on their underwear, shit like that.

2. Cheetah is napping on the couch instead of using the perfectly good bed on the second floor for some reason. This really can’t be good for her back :/

Oh and I also bought them a stereo with the left-over interior decorating money. I put it right next to the TV, hidden in the corner behind a plant because I’d run out of wall-space at this point and putting the stereo in the middle of a room would just look awkward.
Man I can totally kick Queer Eye For A Straight Guy’s polished, overused ass.

Cool Dude sits down on the armchair and stares at Cheetah for a good 20 minutes. What’s up with them doing this I mean it’s only romantic in Aerosmith songs not in real life. The he leaves and promptly enjoys our pool.

snapshotd4426f2ef444cb3az4.jpg

Of course, Eric starts playing the piano. At 3 in the morning. Noticed how Cheetah’s still napping and he clearly doesn’t give two shits.
This is what I like to call undiagnosed autism.

Cool Dude exits the pool with green stink rays that extend two meters behind him. That’s just not right.
It apparently also indicates our pool is either fucking filthy or used as a bin by the local nuclear power plant but who cares.

snapshotd4426f2e5444cbbal7.jpg

Yeah, make the place smell like a goddamn plague victim body disposal and then complain about Eric’s piano playing. Dick.

snapshotd4426f2ed444cc1ic6.jpg

Filthass then left without saying goodbye after using our loo. I hope he didn’t pee in the pool because I seriously wouldn’t put it past him. Notice how he can still hear the piano music from outside. Either that or his eardrum got punctured.
We can always dream.

Bikini Girl left shortly after that, clutching her ear when she went past Eric and groaning incredibly loudly once outside. I hope she got assaulted on her way home.

snapshotd4426f2e7444cceed0.jpg

World’s Best Father Figure’s asleep while his carpool awaits outside. I’ll have to get the teenagers jobs soon otherwise they’ll all die from starvation.

snapshotd4426f2e7444cd1yp1.jpg

HEY GOOOOOOD I HAVE TO PEE ORDER ME TO GO TO THE BATHROOM RIGHT NOW COME ON MAAAAAN

She realizes she won’t get anywhere by asking me and makes a run for it.

wtfcheetahnz1.jpg

There she goes
There she goes again
Racing through my brain
And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains

She went all the way to the furthest bathroom possible, on the second floor. And not the one we saw in the first update, but a small bathroom I put next to the girls’ bedroom. Why.

Bernstein plays the piano at 5 a.m. on a school day. This will work out splendidly, I’m sure.

He does stop a couple of minutes later because he desperately needs sleep. No shit, he hasn’t been to sleep yet since 8 a.m. last morning. Ugh.
Jetx wakes up for work about now, changing and walking to the honking car that’s been there for almost an hour.

snapshotd4426f2e3444ce5lp0.jpg

WHAT IS UP WITH YOU GUYS CHRIST

Oh well. Despite all the rest, one of the things I love and will always love with the sims is the way they change clothes.
snapshotd4426f2e5444cf7de3.jpg

snapshotd4426f2e5444cf8lz5.jpg

This is the best thing.

As you can see, Zeph had woken up then, and Flora shortly afterwards. They both got up at six, made their beds and went on their merry lives. Why are they better than the teens and adult.

Flora tries to make a cake/muffin in the toy oven but burns it horribly. She still eats it.
Eric you are a terrible role model.

Five minutes before the school bus arrives, Eric’s asleep, Cheetah hasn’t eaten, washed, gone to the bathroom or slept in hours, Flora’s in her pyjamas eating something not even a famished hobo would accept, Jetx is working at the golf place and Zeph’s cleaning up.

snapshotd4426f2ef444d0bim7.jpg

Ah, child labour, what would I do without you.

Just then Flora decides to practice painting, but she thankfully stops when the bus arrives. They all make it, surprisingly. They’ll get shit grades when they come back, but at least they went to school.
A few hours later, Jetx comes back.

snapshotd4426f2eb444d25sb9.jpg

Here’s him stepping out of the car poJesus Christ that’s just nasty ugggh did it go through a fucking standstorm

Jetx has been promoted to Gas Station Attendant. Wow, biggest fucking honour there, somebody give this man a Nobel. He still does that promotion dance sims do for like 20 minutes. Then he notices the post woman had been there all along.

snapshotd4426f2e7444d40ey9.jpg

Yeah, I’d be embarrassed too.

snapshotd4426f2ed444d48so0.jpg

Jetx has received 1 stalking skill point from the Farstar e3 Telescope.
He looks genuinely horrified at what he saw the old man doing. It’s lemonparty 2.

Shortly after, I see the old man running up our front steps…

snapshotd4426f2e9444d52oy0.jpg

Yeah, this is what happens when sims use a telescope during the day. They spy on neighbouring sims who telepathically know this and show up to shove your sim around.

snapshotd4426f2ef444d53do4.jpg

The old man’s being a bit of a bastard but Jetx sort of deserves it. After he gets one shove and two insults thrown a him he turns and cries like a bitch. This is the Father Figure.

Nothing of interest happens for about three hours. Jetx plays some SSX3 (EA GAMES AND SUBTLE ADVERTISING), the kids get home with C grades, the younger ones brought home friends from school, one NPC and the son of two characters of mine, which was a nice surprise.
The older ones are tired as shit so Cheetah goes to bed immediately. Eric hangs around downstairs for a while and thinks about bunking with her.

snapshotd4426f2ef444d6eay6.jpg

He shudders, disgusted at the thought of having to sleep in the same bed as the cute red-head whom he isn’t related to.
Eric is now established as a homosexual in my mind.

snapshotd4426f2e1444d6flq6.jpg

Nom nom nom burnt tv food

Zeph leaves his homework somewhere on the patio and ignores his guest to play the piano. Definitely got an artist thing going here.

Man Conservakid’s (Zeph’s guest) acting really creepy even though I made him myself. He just stared at normal people having conversations for ten minutes at a time.

snapshotd4426f2e34450f7qb2.jpg

FUCK THE WORLD
DEMOLITION’S OUR RELIGION

No one does much. Eric and Cheetah are still sleeping, Zeph’s on the piano, Jetx is watching television and Flora’s painting. Jetx keeps cheering on Zeph even though he sucks, proving my suspicions that he is, indeed, deaf.

snapshotd4426f2e944510dcc9.jpg

He stood there for a good hour, staring at her. Don’t draw you shower curtains when this guy’s around Flora, I’m getting a serious stab-you-in-the-back-keep-your-corpse-in-alcohol-in-the-basement vibe.

snapshotd4426f2e9445112xi0.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK IS A FISH GOD ARE YOU RETARDED SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Jetx decides to go to bed, and gives me some genuine creepy by stripping down to his under vest and heart boxers and getting into the bed where Cheetah is. She’s not having any of that and gets out of bed immediately.

snapshotd4426f2e544512boe7.jpg

A boy’s best friend is his mother…

Nothing happens for three hours. Nothing, no food burning, no mindless bitching, no darts in heads. Nothing.

snapshotd4426f2e144513epq8.jpg

Yeah I was like what at first but it’s one of Conservakid’s dads who came to fetch him ‘because it’s getting late’.
I probably wouldn’t let my children stay in this house, either.

Eric wakes up and goes to gossip about Bikini Girl with Cheetah. I approve massively.

snapshotd4426f2e144514bfq0.jpg

snapshotd4426f2ed44514fnw8.jpg

No that’s just the way my trousers are crease-Oh you mean the object!

Midnight hits a bit after that, and in closure:
snapshotd4426f2e1445170or7.jpg

This is a picture of Eric. Why? Because it’s the first time Eric makes something that doesn’t look as disgusting and overdone as John Travolta’s ass.

Things to note:
-Zeph has 4 creativity points now and Eric has three, nearly four.
-The only person who hasn't been on the piano or the easel is Jetx, who doesn't give a fuck.
-Cheetah has a cooking skill point now.
-Jetx is creepy.

Last edited:

I HAS A STAAAAAAAAAAAAAALKER...Freaky.

HOLY LORD CONSERVAKID WAS STALIKNG ME...O_O

Jetx has been promoted to Gas Station Attendant. Wow, biggest fucking honour there, somebody give this man a Nobel. He still does that promotion dance sims do for like 20 minutes. Then he notices the post woman had been there all along.
Yeah, I’d be embarrassed too.

The older ones are tired as shit so Cheetah goes to bed immediately. Eric hangs around downstairs for a while and thinks about bunking with her.
He shudders, disgusted at the thought of having to sleep in the same bed as the cute red-head whom he isn’t related to.
Eric is now established as a homosexual in my mind

FUCK THE WORLD
DEMOLITION’S OUR RELIGION

Jetx keeps cheering on Zeph even though he sucks, proving my suspicions that he is, indeed, deaf.

WHAT THE FUCK IS A FISH GOD ARE YOU RETARDED SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Jetx decides to go to bed, and gives me some genuine creepy by stripping down to his under vest and heart boxers and getting into the bed where Cheetah is. She’s not having any of that and gets out of bed immediately.

This is a picture of Eric. Why? Because it’s the first time Eric makes something that doesn’t look as disgusting and overdone as John Travolta’s ass.

:DD

Wow. Zeph really is a bit odd. Deaf, jumpy-in-air, cleaning, piano-playing special dude. And he's friends with someone who reminds me of Damien front The Omen...

And he's friends with someone who reminds me of Damien front The Omen...
Hahaha I hadn't made that connection, but it's pretty much perfect.

Thank you everyone! I, you humble narrator, do try to provide semi-amusing commentary. It's not really hard with the way these retards act, tbh.

So now we've established who's gonna die first (OR WILL HE he made a good meal! D: ), who's gonna fall in love/kiss/get it on first? I hope it's Jetx because he must feel pretty lonely, or Eric because he'll probably attract the ladies with his aspie powers.

Also the kids grow up in about five or six updates! :D

Back when I was young and naive, I made the two adults do it in the regular Sims while the kids were standing next to the bed. For extra education *shifty eyes* >.>

Back
Top Bottom