• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mario

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
Let's have a general Mario thread!

Who plays Mario games? Well there are so many that it would probably be difficult to have a complete list of them all but surely everyone here has played at least one, right?

My first Mario game was Sunshine, since my first console was a Gamecube, but since then I've gathered a whole lot more. In fact just bought Super Paper Mario on Wednesday. Not sure which my favourite is because so many of them are fun, and are so different from each other. One I remember being particularly great was Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga but I don't actually own a copy, so I can't play it any more :(
My favourite one out of the ones that are actually platformers is probably the first Galaxy game. The second was good but I felt it fell short in a few places. Plus the observatory is way better than the starship Mario.

Mario Kart is one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played, too! Too bad I rarely have anyone to play against. Would anyone be up for a tcod Mario Kart Wii (or DS/7) tournament? Just so long as I get to be Daisy :P

i'm really not a big Mario fan at all, but I do really like Kart, Mario 3, World, and Party 2.

I quite enjoy the Mario franchise. I'd be willing to do a mario kart battle or something...but I don't actually have any mario kart games right now.

My favorite game is...actually, I don't really know. I guess it'd have to be either SMG or SMG2.

I love the Mario games, especially the Paper Mario series.
I don't really have a favorite game, but right now it's Super Paper Mario.

My favorite Mario game of all the Mario games is World. It is just so fun and has so many weird enemies and it introduced Yoshi, who is my favorite Mario character.

My second favorite is Galaxy. it would probably #1 if it ha better underwater controls.

I also love Super paper Mario, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Mario Kart Wii/7.

I love the Mario games, they're lots of fun! My favorite 3D is a split between Galaxy 2 and 64, and for 2D it's World and NSMBU. But they're all great, really (the platformers)! I also like the Mario & Luigi series(amazing games I love them a lot and I want one for 3DS too), Paper Mario, and Mario Kart (pretty much the only racing game I like)
Currently looking forwards to hearing more about the 3D Mario for Wii U (we all know it's coming sooner or later...)

I'd like a Mario Kart tournament (it's been a while...) though it would have to be on the Wii if I were to join, because I lost my MK7 many months ago and haven't re-bought it, and the R-button on my 3DS recently broke (or at least it doesn't works 95% of the time) so I wouldn't be able to play it properly even if I had it. :c

Also, I beat New Super Mario Bros U yesterday! Now to get all the star coins and find the secret levels...

Last edited:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mario! My #1 most favorite one is the original (not new version for the Wii) Super Mario Bros. I also like Super Mario World. And I am dying to get Super Mario Bros. 3.

I absolutely suck at the platformers, but I'm ironically good at Mario Kart (I completed 100cc on DS yesterday)
As for entire lists of Mario Games, I think I may have one somewhere.

MarioKart is, as my friend would put it, the most fun you can have with your clothes on. With a good number of people of similar skill level, it is so, SO much fun.

The platformer Mario games are also great - I love the old GB Marioland games, and had a ton of fun playing New Super Mario Bros Wii with my housemates.

I didn't actually care much for the MaripParty games I've played. MarioKart/Warioware is much more fun, we thought.

Super Mario Brothers for the GBC and Super Mario Sunshine are the only ones I've ever played, but I'm still really fond of them.

Mario games are, of course, terribly addicting. I don't think I could make a list of all the games I've had, because there are just too many.

Mario Kart is probably my favorite series, although 64 and Galaxy are also fantastic. Spin-off games like Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Tennis are also quite fun.

the mario universe terrifies me. everything has a face

Mario Sports Mix is surprisingly fun

Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story are still my favorites in the series to this day though

Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island, yes... I love those. I love the Yoshi games...

Hoping that whole "Yoshi's Land Wii U" thing is an actual thing, I'd love for that to be a game!

Back
Top Bottom