• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MINECRAFT

Actually, anyone can set up a server if they know how to port forward through their router. I'd also recommend installing bukkit if anyone intends to actually do it. (I'd try, but my internet is too crap to host anything decent)

Last edited:
Personally, I love the ending
Wow. I honestly can't think of the words to describe the ending. It compares video games to "dreams" and real life as the universe. It was more than likely aimed at the people that play video games in order to escape the shittyness of the real world. It basically told you "Hey, you managed to shape your own world in-game, now go ahead and live your life! You are alive, be happy!"

Personally, I love the ending
Wow. I honestly can't think of the words to describe the ending. It compares video games to "dreams" and real life as the universe. It was more than likely aimed at the people that play video games in order to escape the shittyness of the real world. It basically told you "Hey, you managed to shape your own world in-game, now go ahead and live your life! You are alive, be happy!"
This. So much.

I got the iOS version.

The controls are a little awkward, and the map is a limited size, but it's still a lot of fun. Of course, the iOS version is only in alpha.

I got the iOS version.

The controls are a little awkward, and the map is a limited size, but it's still a lot of fun. Of course, the iOS version is only in alpha.

I got the New Zealand version, it was the first country to have it. The US version came out minutes later. :P

I think it's cool. I stopped at the part where they were about to tell the story though. I'll read it for myself when I play it :P
The ending, I mean.

I've considered getting the pocket version for my galaxy player but a) I'm not sure how such a device would run Minecraft considering my computer sometimes shits out on it and b) I dunno if it's worth paying for such a limited version of the game.

I'm pretty excited for the full version. The ending I'm not so sure about though; it was a pretty awesome and surprisingly deep dialogue, but it dragged on forever and it seemed kind of hokey and out of place for Minecraft. :\ Guess it isn't that big of a deal though.

Oddly enough I'm most excited for NPC villages. I will make a castle and rule them all with an iron fist! >:V

I'm playing Minecraft 1.0.0 now!

It's weird considering I usually get "Cannot connect to minecraft.net" even when there aren't thousands of being trying to connect at once.

Just played some Minecraft 1.0! Didn't notice many changes, though. The new sound effects are mostly pretty cool (except it takes a while to realise I'm being hurt because I'm still listening out for "UHHHHHHHGH", and creepers aren't the same somehow without the original BOOM), and enchanting seems quite interesting.

I'm beginning to wish I'd kept at least one of my worlds from when I started playing in late Alpha/early Beta. The oldest (and indeed only) world I actually have was made on Hallowe'en. :v

I'm offering to set up a TCoD server, but no one is posting in my thread. :P

Once Bukkit updates for 1.0.0, I'll upload the map and you can help me build it. First few people on are op.

I tried Hardcore Mode today! It was really quite fun, even though I only lasted about an hour and a half. Mandatory world-deletion upon death is kind of out-bumming, but at least it gives you incentive to actually survive, unlike "survival" mode where you can basically be as careless and clumsy as you like, and just commit suicide and respawn back to safety if you're stuck somewhere dangerous or if you get lost.

Only problem is the Hardcore world I spawned was really pretty and I never wrote down the seed. :v

Back
Top Bottom