• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MINECRAFT

Why didn't you build a second column to stand on right next to it as you went, and then destroy that to get down? I've done this to mark my bases while exploring so I don't get lost.

Oh, and just letting people know, you can take screenshots in Minecraft by pressing F1+F2. They're saved in the screenshots folder in the .minecraft folder.

I've been thinking about removing them now that I have built a tower that's one block away from the height limit.
Gyaa, I wish I could play on multilayer, but whenever I do I get the blue screen of death.

So far I have a long, long tunnel and a little house. (Said house was a pain in the ass to make because creepers kept trolling the shit out of me. On one occasion I walk through the door of my half-finished and at that point roofless house at sunrise and find one just sitting in there all "'sup?" The entire next day was spent filling the massive crater it left back in. >:| On another occasion there was one just staring in through the door for like three days straight, until I made a ladder going out of a hatch in the roof and escaped.)

I'm working on landscaping around the house now. :>

every time I close my eyes I see blocks, is that normal

Anyway I'm currently demolishing the entire huge hill my base is built into so it'll be easier to find again when I decide to go off exploring. I've had to make an entire large chest just to hold all the blocks of dirt I've been lumbered with in the process :v

My solution to monsters was finding a nice stretch of ocean that's reasonably close to a coast and building my house there with the absurd amount of stone I acquired from making a super deep canal. From an island close by, I've dug a tunnel into a (-n under construction) network of undersea domes. I'll take screenshots later.

I've found that if you don't let any grass grow and light everywhere properly, walls work quite well at keeping monsters out.

Though usually I say "screw monsters" and just make pretty things, and just don't LET Creepers blow them up. Like, there's this one cathedral-castle-monastary type thing that I've made on several worlds. I don't do anything fancy to keep monsters out. I just put in windows and doors and light the inside with torches (so they don't think it's a cave and spawn inside).

Just play it on Peaceful mode if all you want to do is build. That allows you to build awesome stuff without worrying about zombies or skeletons or creepers! Then you can build awesome structures, spam them with torches, and then switch modes if you so desire.

Just play it on Peaceful mode if all you want to do is build. That allows you to build awesome stuff without worrying about zombies or skeletons or creepers! Then you can build awesome structures, spam them with torches, and then switch modes if you so desire.

Yeah, this is what I tend to do. Takes the challenge out at time, but, y'know, you don't have to close yourself up at night and wait for the sun to rise before you can build again!

Anybody want to see screenshots of my big-ass, work-in-progress castle? It's not even close to done yet, but it's still pretty big.

:D I just found a ton of clay!

I think I might even have enough to remodel my wood house into a brick one. :]

117zbyd.png

...FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

I've been obsessed with this game for a week, it's funny that this thread would be made at this time. Anyway, I have one world with a giant lighthouse, and another that I was working on, but I lost all my gold and diamonds in lava, so I really don't want to go back there and have to collect more.
Right now, I'm doing muliplayer. I found this amazing server with a giant city. It's huge.

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF THE INTERESTING BITS OF MY WORLD cause i was bored

My first underwater dome; it's pretty tiny and doesn't have much inside aside from a small mine that I don't use because I've discovered a huuuuuge cave system elsewhere. Considering breaking one of the glass bits just to see what happens.

A tiny nearby island that wasn't doing anything useful so I dug out all the sand and dirt until I hit stone, then destroyed the walls keeping out the water. After using a few buckets of water to fix the chaotic currents that ensued, I put down a few dirt tiles and planted some trees and named it Dru.

On this end of the island, I put a ladder down to the bottom to keep the water from flooding into the reed-growing chamber I dug into the wall.

Fort Poseidon, the floating building I mentioned earlier.

First floor, floor is made of glass with a few wool rugs so that I can see the hectic currents below.

Second floor, beginnings of a library here. I sorta gave up on it and am building an even bigger one elsewhere.

Third floor, storage and observatory. In the chests are a shitload of cobblestone, wood, boats, and various other things. Around the corner...

The observatory and balcony. It was originally going to be a greenhouse, hence the dirt floor, but I didn't understand how farming worked and the floor was only one tile deep. Note the lack of fence on the balcony...

I like doing this.

My main lair from above.

The island of Leoht, reduced to a shadow of its former self after a freak wildfire struck its forest. I decided to finally tear down the logs that are still standing after taking this picture; more trees have been planted.

The main chamber of my (soon to be) complex network of undersea domes. I would have pictures of the Grande Librairie too, but I forgot. Oh well, it's not terribly impressive yet anyway.

Reed chamber. Might make it an entrance to another dome.

The recently-purposed farm dome. I might reorganize it later; the concentric squares layout wasn't such a good idea in practice.

The main train depot in another region (which I have named Farflung Chenal, since it is, well, far-flung from the rest of the continent of Chenal). The tracks on the left go to the cave systems I've discovered that go lava deep, the one on the right goes to an outpost on the coast closest to Ft. Poseidon.

Said outpost at sunrise. I mostly took this shot because I thought the sunrise looked pretty and didn't want to miss it.

I want to buy this game so much, it looks like something I would really like. Unfortunately I would have to ask my parents' permission and I don't think they'd let me... maybe I can get my brother to help out. Everything looks so awesome *A*

If you know someone who has it, you might be able to mooch their login from them; you only need to use it once really.

Back
Top Bottom