• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MINECRAFT

Mined a whole lot today, found a very large cave.

COOL: I now have a ton of iron, redstone, and gold.

NOT SO COOL: I am never going to find my way out of this damn cave, there's lava everywhere help

NOT SO COOL: I am never going to find my way out of this damn cave, there's lava everywhere help

Just take every route you come across. When you reach a dead end, put a candle (Or, if you're short on candles, some sort of block easily noticeable against the constant stone, like sand or dirt or something) at the entrance to that tunnel, and try the next one, and so on. Eventually you should escape...!

9s841e.png

...why do I want to set this on fire so much D:

all that wood

it's just asking for it

Mined a whole lot today, found a very large cave.

COOL: I now have a ton of iron, redstone, and gold.

argh story of my life D:
I always end up falling in the lava and respawning with all my treasure gone and that always does the trick but.
OR I just pick somewhere at random and dig diagonally upwards. Then when you're on the surface you can fashion a compass from that redstone and gold and get back to your base. But mostly I dig up into lava pockets and kill myself D:

all that wood

it's just asking for it

Today I built a large underwater glass building and I keep wanting to smash the glass
Apparently I just can't have nice things :c

Last edited:
I got Minecraft today.

I found some Diamond SUPER-EARLY but only two blocks so I couldn't do a lot. D:

As far as I know it's not Windows-only. I've heard a lot about Mac players and I'd be surprised if it won't somehow run in a Linux distro.

I mine a bunch of logs and place signs saying "TO SURFACE" or something like that along paths that ultimately lead there.

Anyone tried multiplyer? Check out (put this in the ip field) "mc.hakaslak.com:25567". It's a huge creative server.
Also, one I've been playing is "bloodbath.hakaslak.com", it's a survival server where people can fight one another.

Today I decided to stop being a pussy, turn off Peaceful mode and go out fighting monsters.
I would say that it was the worst idea ever, but I think the worst idea would be putting a pressure plate outside my front door.

This is probably insanely obvious, but how do you place a block in the free version? It's driving me crazy. I'm using a touchpad on my laptop, so that's probably why, but if I click it just breaks a block.

I know for a fact that Minecraft runs in Linux; you just need to have java installed. I've done it myself before. It's the same file as the mac version I think.

What is wrong with you all why did you have to link me to the free demo.

Why.

I still have homework, dammit!

Brb dying in a pool of lava.

I started a new world, found clay almost straight away, built my first house out of brick on top of a mountain and I plan on converting it into a station for mine carts that will be travelling over the viaduct I intend to build.
The viaduct will extend to the mountains in the distance, one side will end at what is currently the balcony for my house, the other end will end at a massive wall between two mountains that looks like Helm's Deep.

I just need to decide where to use cobblestone and where to use normal stone.

I found a huge deposit of clay while digging a beach up to make glass. I also dug a tunnel into a huge cave system which turned out to be coal and iron ore HQ, and just as I started to get lost I somehow managed to dig into another cave system I'd already found that led to a tunnel just outside my big wooden lighthouse :3

Back
Top Bottom