• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misc. Database Typos/Minor Mistakes

thank you for doing all this research lmao (I'm not being sarcastic though, seriously thanks. I'll look at this tomorrow when I'm on an actual computer)

edit: All fixed (I think).

edit 2: Also edited as many of the inconsistencies as I could find.

Last edited:
The entry for String Shot says it lowers Speed by two stages, but in the games it lowers Speed by only one stage. It also says it costs 1% energy, so I'm not sure which way it's going.

The entry for String Shot says it lowers Speed by two stages, but in the games it lowers Speed by only one stage. It also says it costs 1% energy, so I'm not sure which way it's going.

No, String Shot lowers it by two stages in the gen. VI games, iirc. I think the energy cost was brought up somewhere else but never fixed?

No, String Shot lowers it by two stages in the gen. VI games, iirc. I think the energy cost was brought up somewhere else but never fixed?

Yeah, I brought it up. I thought I'd fixed that, but I guess not.

The summaries for Huge and Pure Power state that only physical moves' final energy is raised, while the descriptions say that all moves' energy costs are raised.

Hail's description repeats that non-Ice-types take damage twice, and also doesn't state how much damage it is. Sandstorm doesn't state the damage, either.

not technically db but: D&E's type modifier explanations still tell you to round at that stage rather than at the very end.

The db's description of Facade states it doubles in power when the user has a major status ailment (which is poison, burn, paralysis, sleep and freeze), but Bulbapedia states it's only when the user is poisoned, burned or paralyzed.

In the games, a frozen Pokemon can't use Facade (or any move outside of Flame Wheel/etc), but in ASB, it often can, so that probably explains that discrepancy.

Not sure about the logic behind sleep.

In the games, a frozen Pokemon can't use Facade (or any move outside of Flame Wheel/etc), but in ASB, it often can, so that probably explains that discrepancy.

Not sure about the logic behind sleep.

True. I agree freeze should definitely be a Facade doubler, however sleeping Facade is absolutely plausible in-game through Sleep Talk, and it does make no sense to double its power methinks.

Sweet Scent lowers evasion by two stages now.

I've fixed that and String Shot in the data files now, though it may be a while before we see it in the database. As for Facade, I'll list the statuses that allow its damage to be doubled specifically in its description.

edit: well, I guess it was easier to just add "excluding sleep".

Rage's summary and description are inconsistent with one another.

summary said:
Raises the user's Attack by one stage each time it is hit during this move.
description said:
The user flies into a towering, irrational rage and strikes wildly at its foe. The enraged Pokémon will only become more so with each damaging attack performed against it while in its rampaging state, and as a result the base power of this attack rises by ten for each damaging attack suffered by the user when this attack is used consecutively. The user will calm down if this attack is not used repeatedly, and any base power gains will be lost.

What exactly is the effect of Rock types' 1.5x Special Defense boost in Sandstorm? It doesn't seem like it has an easy definition in terms of the damage formula, besides for refs who incorporate base stats.

What exactly is the effect of Rock types' 1.5x Special Defense boost in Sandstorm? It doesn't seem like it has an easy definition in terms of the damage formula, besides for refs who incorporate base stats.

I would interpret it as equivalent to +1 Sp. Def

I would interpret it as equivalent to +1 Sp. Def

Man, I keep forgetting this fix this one. Treat Rock-types as having one more level of resistance than normal for type matchups against special moves in a Sandstorm, so Energy Ball would only do 1.5x damage instead of 2x damage to a Golem, and Water Gun would do neutral damage to a Stunfisk. This does not affect typeless moves. I'll update this in the database now.

Man, I keep forgetting this fix this one. Treat Rock-types as having one more level of resistance than normal for type matchups against special moves in a Sandstorm, so Energy Ball would only do 1.5x damage instead of 2x damage to a Golem, and Water Gun would do neutral damage to a Stunfisk. This does not affect typeless moves. I'll update this in the database now.

... well, not to stunfisk, but to nosepass maybe, seeing as stunfisk isn't a rock.

Back
Top Bottom