• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING MAFIA [cultist win]

Re: MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING MAFIA [Day 1]

...is Karkat an inspector or something? Eh, role character, please? That's the only thing I can make of this.

Or an alien trying to attract attention that was activated N1.

You know what I am going to roleclaim, randomly and for no reason... Hello and welcome to 'Ye National Cheese Emporium, purveyor of fine cheese to the gentry (and the poverty-stricken too) Care to purchase some of my fine cheeses? Though note we're out of cheddar. Not to worry though, we are the finest cheese shop in town.

Last edited:

I, too, am confused by Karkat. Unless he's inspector, I can't think of a single reason why he'd be go so far as to lynch Jack, and even then, it doesn't really explain "since I'm being lynched tomorrow."

Anyway yes. I guess I'll be bandwagoning for Little Blueberry Bomb, unless they post before the day ends.

It is possible for him to be an inspector, does that mean we should change our lynch to Jack?

Some thoughts:

Could mean that Jack came back as mafia? If he really is an inspector that means he just announced himself by saying "since I am being lynched tomorrow".

Jack's reaction was confusion, which might be true and he might have been as confused as the rest of us by what Karkat said. Which means Jack could be an innocent and is being set up by Karkat. It's either that or Karkat knows something.

Really confused by what he said there, cause it sounds more like we are going to lynch him, rather than him getting targeted by the mafia. Did anyone else get that? Unless it's a specifically... lynch-y mafia.What role could he have that would make us lynch him... and for him to know he's getting lynched?

Last edited:

I would roleclaim, but what the fuck does Fawlty Towers have to do with this game?

Hey, guys, invisible mode is a pretty cool bro, right? :V I've read the thread, but what am I supposed to post, seems like every mafia game I've been in has been a no-deaths first. Is abstaining a good idea, again?.. maybe probably. Is it boring? Quite so.

That said I'm going to go ahead and nick Jack's list and nominate Flower Doll since, well, they're the first one on that list who still hasn't posted. :V (Well, okay, the first person on the list in general, but yannow.)

Because that was an hilarious bit...

Basil: [yelling at his car] Come on! Come on! Start! Start, you vicious bastard! Come on! Oh, my God! I'm warning you! If you don't start, I'll count to three! 1, 2, 3! Right! That's it! [leaving the car, he starts yelling at it] I've had enough of this! You've tried it on once too often! Right! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! I've laid it on the line for you time and time again! Right! Well, this is it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing! [he leaves the frame, returns holding a branch and starts thrashing the car over the bonnet]

I think this means Karkat is somewhat violent. Not sure on the role... help.

Well, yeah, it's hilarious! But there's no relation to Monty Python!

If you guys can't figure out my role by now I am saddened.

Well, yeah, it's hilarious! But there's no relation to Monty Python!

If you guys can't figure out my role by now I am saddened.

I joined on the condition that this was made a Fawlty Towers crossover.

Also, changing my vote to Flower Doll because derp I should have seen the invisible mode coming.

Well...okay. There was a post. Karkat sounds like an activated alien, probably shouldn't lynch that one. I'll also swap to Flower Doll, as they're next on my list.

Karkat sounds like an activated alien, probably shouldn't lynch that one.

poster4108695.jpg

"We have found a witch! May we burn her?"
"...how do you know she is a witch?"
"She looks like one!"
"I'm not a witch! I'm not a witch!", Flower Doll protests exasperatedly. "They dressed me up like this!"
"...did you dress her up like this?"
"No! No! No-Yes. A bit. She has got a wart!"
"She turned me into a newt! ...but I got better."

Eventually, the giant scales and a duck are brought out to settle things once and for all. Flower Doll turns out to be much heavier, but to be safe the others decide to throw her into the pond just to make sure. She drops like a stone and doesn't come back up, and having settled the whole "is-she-a-witch" question the other players put away the scales and go hom- oh wait, they just drowned an innocent woman. Whoops.

Flower Doll was killed. She was not mafia.
48 hours for night actions.

Re: MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING MAFIA [Night 1]

Day Two

The morning after the not-really-a-witch-drowning incident, the players awake to discover that another of them is missing. They soon find Karkat Vantas lying on the floor stone dead, his face contorted in rage and his body soaked in a thick red liquid.

"Raspberries", says the person examining him grimly. "If only he'd released the tiger in time..."

Karkat Vantas is dead. He was mafia.
48 hours for discussion.

Well, thanks, Mafia, for taking care of that. We appreciate it.

In other news, Fruity Walkerloops, Blaziking the Black Mage, Dave Strider, and SilverFalcon have yet to post. Phantom claims to sell cheese, which to my mind implies a "stop someone's action during the night." Or he's a cheese Mafia, I dunno. Presumably, the alien is dead, as is a random innocent. What should we do? My vote is for lynching, but I'll wait to nominate for now.

It does sound like Karkat was the alien. I don't want to roleclaim yet because it's still early in the game, but he accused me so I do want to rebut that by saying: I've never known a game in which the alien was told who targeted him. Yes, secret roles and all, but I think he was just lashing out at the first person to question him (which was unfortunately me).

Assuming the standard weighting of roles, we probably have two or three Mafia plus an exploder plus the alien which is apparently dead now. That's 3-4 out of 13 living players, so roughly 23-30% that a randylynch will get a Mafia member. I like the idea of randylynching an inactive because even if they're innocent, they're not helping us anyway, but I'll defer to the popular opinion.

Also,

Karkat Vantas said:
I would roleclaim, but what the fuck does Fawlty Towers have to do with this game?

In the sign-up thread it was mentioned that this should be a crossover Monty Python/Fawlty Towers game. Apparently it is.

In other news, Fruity Walkerloops, Blaziking the Black Mage, Dave Strider, and SilverFalcon have yet to post. Phantom claims to sell cheese, which to my mind implies a "stop someone's action during the night." Or he's a cheese Mafia, I dunno. Presumably, the alien is dead, as is a random innocent. What should we do? My vote is for lynching, but I'll wait to nominate for now.

I joined on the condition that this was made a Fawlty Towers crossover.

Also, changing my vote to Flower Doll because derp I should have seen the invisible mode coming.

:|

Back
Top Bottom