• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

This just seems like the freakout that happens whenever English names are released for a new Pokemon game.

... Not that I really approve of the name "Heartstrings", but it's not like she's likely to be recognized much in canon. Besides, haven't they called ponies show-inaccurate names before? I'm pretty sure this isn't going to affect us too much.

(Although I was never the largest fan of Lyra or Bon Bon; I like the name Golden Harvest though. :D)

allow me to sum up the fandom over the last two days or so

HERPA DERP HASBRO RELEASED TOYS

NAMES ARE DIFFERENT

OH WELL I GUESS WE'D BETTER START CALLING THEM THAT BECAUSE THE TOYS AND THE SHOW HAVE SO MUCH TO DO WITH EACH OTHER AND AS WE ALL KNOW THE TOYS DETERMINE SHOW CANON. CELESTIA IS TOTALLY PINK AND APPLEJACK DRIVES A TRUCK

just keep calling them the fucking fanon names jesus christ

this annoys me so much

CELESTIA IS TOTALLY PINK AND APPLEJACK DRIVES A TRUCK

this annoys me so much

Well, now that I think about it, I guess I /did/ overreact back there...

Still, I think I'll change my usertitle to "<---- Her name is Lyra" for the hell of it, but I'll take out the thing in my sig.

Am joining. I'm not changing my avvie for it is Doctor Who Avvie Month. Maybe I'll get an Applejack or something in December.
There's always Doctor Whoof/ves!

allow me to sum up the fandom over the last two days or so

HERPA DERP HASBRO RELEASED TOYS

NAMES ARE DIFFERENT

OH WELL I GUESS WE'D BETTER START CALLING THEM THAT BECAUSE THE TOYS AND THE SHOW HAVE SO MUCH TO DO WITH EACH OTHER AND AS WE ALL KNOW THE TOYS DETERMINE SHOW CANON. CELESTIA IS TOTALLY PINK AND APPLEJACK DRIVES A TRUCK

this annoys me so much

But then there's the mlp wiki that insists they be called by offical names. Which I guess is fair for a wiki but then they don't even so much as mention the non-toy names on most of their pages. It's so bad that they refused to say that DJ-P0N3 was referred to by Vinyl Scratch a lot because there wasn't enough proof (Though as far as I can tell these articles are edited fairly often, but it always seems to be edited back out) :(

(Also Celestia is pink, just really pale!)

Also what is it with people on the internet with needless mocking impressions of people who disagree with them, :c

EDIT:
Spike out of nowhere!

Last edited:
Everyone should click the download link for their respective browser

This is so clever. It ponifies all of your words. I was just scrolling through the site and it said "Discussions for X go in the mane forum" and in this subforum there was the Dr. Whooves Fan Club.

Get on my level
This thing is pretty awesome, guys! Suddenly I can't take anything seriously with all the pony terms everywhere. My favorite is that it replaces 'troll' with 'parasprite' (I was really confused for a bit while browsing Homestuck fanart haha)

It's.... less than a megabyte in size. But okay. I'll restart Firefox and type some stuff.

Edit: Well see Spunky the problem is
you can't see the effects of Ponify unless you have it installed and enabled
it doesn't actually change what you type
so yeah
I'll go fap now or something

Apologies for the obscene remark. I was testing Ponify.

Last edited:
Hay I'm using Ponify! Dicovered it today. Am still squeeing whenever I type Doctor Who and it comes out Doctor Whooves.

Aw yeah, Rarity in this episode was awesome. I still can't believe that she
willingly let herself be submerged head to hoof in mud to make up with Sweetie Belle. The generosity has been turned up to eleven.

Also, Berry Punch is a beast.

A return to form - great episode.

hahaha they got beaten by the resident drunk - though she probably sobered up for this

Also, I'm loving Rarity's father's Boston (is it Boston?) accent. :)

A return to form - great episode.

hahaha they got beaten by the resident drunk - though she probably sobered up for this

Also, I'm loving Rarity's father's Boston (is it Boston?) accent. :)
That's ah Meenesooohta accent, ya.

...Sorry.
Anyway, it was a cute episode, yes.

An episode with my second-favorite of the mane cast and my favorite of the CMC is a good episode.

That voice she made when talking to Opal :D

Did anyone else notice That Derpy Hooves was in the race, but Lauren Faust stated that Derpy has a Unicorn daughter that looked just like her named Dinky Doo (Except Dinky had no wings and had a horn), But Derpy went to the race with another pony, AND Dinky Doo was with another poy.

Refreshing the episode was revolved around someone other than Twilight. =D

Did anyone else notice That Derpy Hooves was in the race, but Lauren Faust stated that Derpy has a Unicorn daughter that looked just like her named Dinky Doo (Except Dinky had no wings and had a horn), But Derpy went to the race with another pony, AND Dinky Doo was with another poy.

Refreshing the episode was revolved around someone other than Twilight. =D

Really, I thought that was just fanon? All I remember her saying was something to do with it not being impossible or something like that. Though maybe that was referring to coat colours not being hereditary rather than pony species. I dunno.

Also Applejack keeps sheep, probably for the wool, but I never understood why they kept pigs. Well Sweetie used glue to make that picture for Rarity and since they probably have laws against killing other ponies, maybe that's where it comes from!

So Sweet Apple acres sells:
Apples, celery, carrots, colourful flowers, wool, milk, ingredients for glue, leather (maybe, not sure when they'd need it though what with barely any clothes. Maybe the Quills & Sofas shop uses it!) and more apples.

Whereas Fluttershy's cottage is the place that produces eggs.

Yeah I know, I look too deeply into things.

Back
Top Bottom