• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

It was just incredibly flat and did absolutely nothing for me. Also, when the rest of the mane 6 talked up the MDW the way they did in that scene, it was so obvious it was them.

I'd give the premise a 7/10, but the execution a 2.5/10.

Yeah, the latest episode wasn't exactly the best. It was just lacking the air of mystery it should have had. Although I have to give credit for utilizing the Pinkie Sense again.

Were you really expecting a serious mystery around it, honestly? While this show is definitely funny and entertaining, it's not a pinnacle of any kind of serious storytelling - if the plots aren't wholly predictable, it's because they twist things humourously from what you expected, not because they build intrigue to the point of making you not know what to expect. It was obvious the Mare-Do-Well would be the other ponies the way it was obvious Rainbow Dash would end up with the tortoise - it's just a formula plot the way a lot of the episodes are formula plots.

Doesn't mean you can't criticize that, obviously, but picking out this particular episode as epically awful because it wasn't mysterious is pretty bizarre when it's not as if a sense of mystery has ever been one of the show's strong points. I didn't find it especially interesting and I prefer the humourous-twist episodes, but it's not as if this is the first episode to be predictable and formula in its plot.

... am I the only one who felt it was intentionally obvious? It was supposed to be a "mystery" to Rainbow Dash, not the audience. I actually liked the episode.

I don't think it was intentionally obvious, but it wasn't exactly supposed to not be obvious either.

I mean usually when I ask "why was the episode like this..." about some children's/family TV show, the answer "it's a kids' show" really annoys me because it doesn't excuse bad writing. One of the reasons I like FiM so much is because the creators also know this!
However, predictability is one thing I let slide and "it's a kids' show" is a valid excuse. Not that I'm saying children are too dumb to have worked it out themselves or anything, but you know what I mean!

Anyway I liked this episode too. It also made me realise the reason why Photo Finish is my favourite pony is because I like ponies in clothes. Because Mare-Do-Well has some serious style! Props to Rarity (and the animators!) for designing costumes that look good on quadrupeds.

I've FINALLY watched an episode of this today. It's quite funny but not for me...

I got Applejack in the personality test but the one I liked the most was Rainbow Dash, because it's one of those that FLY! And flying for me is everything! :P Nevertheless, the description of Applejack doesn't match who I am very well.

Yay, new episode!

And yay, two musical numbers in two episodes in season two!! That Dress Rarity made for Twilight's brithday made Twilight look, ehh, kind of terrible. In my opinion.

ponypersonalitychart.jpg

Pretty much!

So apparently the Wonderbolts are the resident superheros?

And Spike undergos dragon puberty, whooo.
Who else thought that when the Wonderbolts were released from Spike's prison, that they should be playing cards or something, instead of cowering?

Who else thought that when the Wonderbolts were released from Spike's prison, that they should be playing cards or something, instead of cowering?

I did.

And you know, Spike reverted back to normal because of the fire ruby. Well, at the beginning, it pained him to give it away, and when he captured rarity, instead of taking it, he became normal again...@.@

That Dress Rarity made for Twilight's brithday made Twilight look, ehh, kind of terrible. In my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that was the point :P

Anyway today's episode was good! The ending was indeed cute!

Wow Spike o_0 Although I guess that all of us turn into monsters when we hit puberty. But does this mean that dragons are inherently evil? The second Spike regained his conscience, he reverted back to being a kid, which implies that his inevitable growing up will turn him back into a monster eventually. Unless the hoarding brought on an unnatural growth spurt, and aging normally would let him keep his personality.

Also, Fancy Pants is second-best male pony.

I suppose now we know Spike probably isn't the kind of dragon who grows wings?

Wow Spike o_0 Although I guess that all of us turn into monsters when we hit puberty. But does this mean that dragons are inherently evil? The second Spike regained his conscience, he reverted back to being a kid, which implies that his inevitable growing up will turn him back into a monster eventually. Unless the hoarding brought on an unnatural growth spurt, and aging normally would let him keep his personality.

Also, Fancy Pants is second-best male pony.

It was kind of inferred by Zecora that it was one path of growth that Spike could take. The hoarding of items and inherent greed which comes with that could possibly have sent him down a certain path of growth. However, Spike has been shown to have another "fully-grown" form, which again doesn't possess wings, when Twilight Sparkle hatched him from the egg using magic as part of the entry test to Celestia's school, which is what would imply that there are various end forms for Spike. I suppose it's almost similar to the branched evolution paths of some Pokémon (the one which really stands out is Slowpoke, just because it has a natural "level up" form (Slowbro) and a "let's hoard an item" form (Slowking)).

If you watch the episode backwards, After Spike and Rarity levitate up in the air, Spike gets jealous of Rarity's fire gem and he turns into a large dragon. He then gives away all of his stuff and reverts back to normal, in which he then takes Rarity's fire ruby.

Spike's new dragon form reminds me too much of Discord. O.o

Back
Top Bottom