• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Games: Pokemon Black and White 2

I think they'll still make appearances. I doubt they'll have killed them off. They just might not be doing gymstuff anymore, what with their towns frozen over.

Though this does raise an interesting question. If these new gyms were always present, how did they fit into the League? Were they always proper gyms, or are they de-facto gyms to replace the ones that got frozen over? And if they were proper gyms, were their badges valid? Is it that getting any eight badges would get you into the League? Just food for thought.

Simple: badges are available at all gyms, including ones not normally seen in games. I believe in the provided link, Trips Badges best define this, as he has three that Ash does not, and thus suggests the possibility that he has acquired the two of them from the new gym leaders. (All speculation of course, but...)

Personally I'm disregarding that possibility because I highly doubt they would just arbitrarily change characters' eyecolors and make them look two years younger instead of two years older.

What? The eyecolors are the same and these protagonist look extremey similar to the previous two.

Rival/MaleProtagonist OTP (again. *sobbu*)

Also, dear Game Freak and Nintendo,

acb.jpg

What? The eyecolors are the same and these protagonist look extremey similar to the previous two.

Cheren's eyes are blue. The new rival's eyes are brown. As for the protagonists, their eyes are bigger, rounder and they took away the female's eyelashes, which makes them both look younger instead of older.
I would imagine the similarities in their designs are meant to reference the previous ones, since these are sequels... They're different enough to be considered different but similar enough to remind you of the old ones. Remember in Pokemon Emerald the protagonist design changes were very slight- all the facial and body features were the same, just some parts of the clothes were changed a little bit and made green. I suppose one could argue the new protagonists' clothes are more different because it takes place later (as opposed to an alternate timeline like I guess Emerald was) but that still doesn't account for the different faces

Last edited:
Gym with a music theme? Pokemon found in Unova that are from other regions?

This just made my day. :D Can't wait for more news.

I do not like the new females design (yes I said this regarding Lyra as well...) the Buns are strange, the miniskirt seems utterly unnecessary,
it looks like a skort to me, actually. There's a seam down the middle!

it looks like a skort to me, actually. There's a seam down the middle!

That's what I'm leaning towards, too. Or two skirts sown magically together making filly pants.

Speaking of fashion sense, the protagonists seem especially odd this time around. Like the guy has tights or swimgear under his pants, and the girl has leggings that go at least to her waist and a pink bow behind her. Maybe its part of a bikini? For Unova being half frozen, they're both lightly dressed.

Oh, seeing that Hoenn probably won't be in Gen V, do you guys think the Dive TM will get more use?

I doubt dive will get a lot, if any, use simply because most of the region is frozen, and they already have underwater tunnels.

I am definitely getting this. Black or White though? I'll decide once we get more info.

Oh, seeing that Hoenn probably won't be in Gen V, do you guys think the Dive TM will get more use?
wellll I kinda thought that the reuse of Dive was kind of a little hint towards Hoenn like all the people throughout unova that are like 'I'm from a faraway place called Hoenn!' and stuff.

wellll I kinda thought that the reuse of Dive was kind of a little hint towards Hoenn like all the people throughout unova that are like 'I'm from a faraway place called Hoenn!' and stuff.
Also didn't Masuda himself basically confirm he had plans for Hoenn

well yes but I've linked to it like twice already and nobody seems to notice :c

As have I, plus by this point it seems quite easy to do it, though it might not have May/Brendan given that it would be taking place at the same time or between the BW/BW2 games and thus things'll have changed...also Team Gale should be a thing...

Oh, and I notice.

I doubt dive will get a lot, if any, use simply because most of the region is frozen, and they already have underwater tunnels.
If anything, the underwater tunnels make me think Dive making an appearance is even likelier.

But before I go into any more of the theorizing, allow me to coherently express my feelings on the new female protag's cuteness.

cnxmzxwznmcbgzncbnzcxnxzzxcnnczcvnfxnbvznbvbnznbvfnfggnxfsfd\fgvdhbzfvxzxx

god, these games are going to be so great! i have to save money right now.

i'm especially glad there's new protagonists, because i was really worried it'd be like you'd have to carry over a file from B/W or something.

half of the region being frozen is really cool and the underwater tubes almost make it seem like a sort of dystopian region. that's really cool. kind of disappointed there's non-unova pokemon in the pokedex now, but it's a 50/50 deal between disappointed and excited.

can't wait!

What makes you say that Hoenn won't be in Gen V?

A few things: in a earlier post of mine in this thread, I linked a translated post of Morimoto stating that there were no plans for Hoenn in BW2. Of course this doesn't rule out a Generation V RS remake, but I think the main focus for Gen V is BW2, which from what we've seen thus far of BW2 is a much grander scope than any third version. This focus on BW2 could currently remove effort from a RS remake.

Although the 3DS is selling better than DS in its first year (according to Nintendo Power, anyway), I'm sure there's some pressure on Game Freak to release main series Pokémon game on the 3DS to boost sales. Pokémon games on new handhelds have always been a new Generation (well barring Gold and Silver and not vice versa.) Considering BW are the first games in the series to be on the same handheld twice, I'm pretty sure the next main series installment will be on the 3DS, making it likely to be Generation VI.

But! I wouldn't be surprised if Gen VI has RS remakes, I just don't expect Gen V to have them.

I'm a little sad; it looks like they won't put N in this. I hope for a cameo. . .

Back
Top Bottom