• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Games: Pokemon Black and White 2

where is this idea of 16 gyms even coming from??

oh for those interested here is a really cool anime BW2 video (in japanese). tumblr

I am kind of sad that seviper gets owned so hard in that video. ;~; seviper

Speculation that's not based on anything is just weird, though. "These games are doing thing X that has never been done before; therefore they'll also do unrelated thing Y that has never been done before" is an absurd non-sequitur.

Speculation is about taking existing evidence and extrapolating something from it - maybe it's a humongous stretch, maybe it's extremely unlikely to happen, but there is some line of reasoning that led there.

Granted, I'm kind of lost on where the whole "there will be sixteen gyms in B/W 2" idea came from in the first place; the first occurrence of it in this thread seems to be RainbowKiwiAbsol's post which references it like it's an existing idea, so maybe I'm missing something.
The idea of 16 gyms in BW2 probably comes as an inevitable consequence of speculating that Hoenn will be in it. It makes less sense when you don't make that assumption, but that'd most likely be the origin of the idea.

a lot of people seem to be speculating that the new anime shots (or something? idk they were on tumblr) with some chaps on a boat are ~~~~FURTHER EVIDENCE for Hoenn remakes. I'd be hhhhawfully surprised if they combined them though, that seems sort of stupid. u_u
Unless you're referring water route jokes, it doesn't sound like much of a connection to me -- specially not with the criminal team goons jacking the boat, which doesn't eliminate the possibility of it being headed to Hoenn but does lower it. And if I recall correctly, some of the new areas in the BW2 Unova aren't visibly connected to the remainder of the region, so boats as a means of transportation in-region are much likelier.

Also, on the meaning of the video: this is by absolutely no means confirmed, but the shots seem to be a trailer or something of the like respective to the actual games. The fact that the game covers appear at the end (at least so far as I recall) makes it seem likelier to me, as well.

But holy shit I'm amazed. Wherever that kind of animation ends up, it'll be a sight to behold. My only disappointment is the complete absence of the female protagonist. :(

(also is it bad that I could understand more Japanese Pokémon names than actual Japanese words in that video?)

Speculation that's not based on anything is just weird, though. "These games are doing thing X that has never been done before; therefore they'll also do unrelated thing Y that has never been done before" is an absurd non-sequitur.

Speculation is about taking existing evidence and extrapolating something from it - maybe it's a humongous stretch, maybe it's extremely unlikely to happen, but there is some line of reasoning that led there.

Granted, I'm kind of lost on where the whole "there will be sixteen gyms in B/W 2" idea came from in the first place; the first occurrence of it in this thread seems to be RainbowKiwiAbsol's post which references it like it's an existing idea, so maybe I'm missing something.

Since B2 & W2 take place 2 years after the BW storyline, Cheren's taken over for Lenora, being the leader of the first gym- a normal type gym. I think it's cute how Bianca wanted to help Juniper and now she is. <3 And Unova was extended. I found it odd it wasn't Gray, that would have been an appropriate title. :|
The rival, I don't want him to be... Like the others. Determined, they overwork their Pokemon, etc. I just hope that it's not too much like B and W, in terms of plotline.
Now, who ever heard of a region with 16 gyms? Honestly, I think that's crap. You can't have 16 gyms in a region, no matter how big. : ( Knowing me, that'll just throw me off.
*cough*

I was just replying to the above post in an effort to point out that it shouldn't be disregarded as an impossibility; BW2 are changing things up a lot, so if GameFreak were ever to do something like this, these would probably be the games to do it in.

Quite honestly, I don't believe there will be 16 gyms, just the usual 8. I just didn't want the possibility to be completely thrown out the window.

Unless you're referring water route jokes, it doesn't sound like much of a connection to me -- specially not with the criminal team goons jacking the boat, which doesn't eliminate the possibility of it being headed to Hoenn but does lower it. And if I recall correctly, some of the new areas in the BW2 Unova aren't visibly connected to the remainder of the region, so boats as a means of transportation in-region are much likelier.

I'll admit I didn't actually watch the video - it was mostly people speculating that I saw! I didn't know about the CRIMINAL GOONS (which is the best phrase, irrelevantly). But boating as the main transportation of the region makes sense to me. Although it does make it sound quite Hoenn-like ;o)

It should be noted that the anime is bring back Dawn and Cynthia for the new arc, not Hoenn characters. Even though I want to see May a million times more than Dawn.

CALL THEM GREY AND GRAY!

This. I wanted this. So bad.

It should be noted that the anime is bring back Dawn and Cynthia for the new arc, not Hoenn characters. Even though I want to see May a million times more than Dawn.

Why Dawn? I always though of her as whiny. Meanwhile May, I like a lot more, considering she was in the series when I began watching. plus supar badass Blaziken

DERP!

Has anyone sen the animated trailer, you know the one that looks as though it could be the precursor to a second, possibly more teen oriented Pokemon series?

Haven't...

people been talking about it for the past page or so?

Like it's been linked to right there, though I watched it on Pokebeach I didn't click that tumblrasdfghjkl; OH MY GOD FIZ IS USING MY AUDINO TANGELA PICTURE ON HER TUMBLR OH MY GOD

Last edited:
If there's three new gym leaders, but still eight gym leaders in total, what could have happened happened to the other three (or five)? I mean I kind of can see something like Gen II's take on Kanto, but I really can't think of a reason for any of the gym leaders to move on.

If there's three new gym leaders, but still eight gym leaders in total, what could have happened happened to the other three (or five)? I mean I kind of can see something like Gen II's take on Kanto, but I really can't think of a reason for any of the gym leaders to move on.
Of the four gym leaders so far known to be a part of BW2, two type clash with BW gym leaders and one is a returning leader. I'd think some leaders are merely being replaced -- likely the ones whose cities were frozen (the ones who have type clashed so far are from those, whereas the returning leader isn't). They might still be available in World Tournament or just as people you can casually fight out there.

Also, one fansub of the trailer I saw has the criminal goons (I'm going to keep saying that now) commend protag, rival Cheren on "getting here", implying that they stormed the ship, unlike what I previously assumed. That makes it even less likely to be connected with Hoenn, I think.

...Wesker? Did they give Achroma an English name?

Also, it should be noted that he's not アクロマ博士, just アクロマ, and as such is not Professor Achroma, but Achroma.

Remind me, what's the release date for Japan again, I just want to know how soon it is until full details flood Serebii/PokeBeach/Bulbapedia.

These games seem very interesting, but one thing I don't like about this generation is how modern it is. I love the more traditional feel of the first two generations, with less technological involvement. I think Gen III did a better job with a more modern sort of feel and setting, and I like the more futuristic feel of many parts of Gen IV. This one, a lot of the design just doesn't seem as good as the last two games, and I think that's likely due to the setting shifting to a New York theme.

I hope we see a bigger, better Battle Subway this time - something that more accurately replicates the feel of the Battle Frontier and serves as a more appropriate spiritual sequel. I mean really, two major opponents?

Also, I want Hoenn remakes more than I want BW2.

Back
Top Bottom