• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[NIGHT 0] Mafia Choice Mafia

Hmm, well I can only tell you one thing for sure, and that's I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawnshop. i pixelated sanderidge and Butterfree last night, just so you know.

Well! Right now, we have 9 players alive, out of which, most likely, only 1 is scum -- considering that so far we've cleared two mafiosi and one third-party scum. I suppose it wouldn't be altogether too unreasonable (if a bit towards the edge of reason) for there to be 2 scum left. Either way, Town most likely has a major lead in the numbers right now.

Do we have any thoughts on the no-kill? For starters, whoever Butterfree may have blocked last night is worth considering as a suspect.

Alright, so let's summarize everyone's claims so far:
  • Stryke: Claims to be a 2-shot Commuter, but hadn't yet used that power at the time of claiming.
  • Zero Moment: Hasn't claimed.
  • sanderidge: Claims to be a Doctor, but isn't responsible for the no-kill last night.
  • Music Dragon: That's me! Confirmed Universal Backup, currently Medium.
  • Phoenix of the Night: Confirmed Party Host/Bus Driver. Swapped sanderidge and Butterfree last night.
  • Wargle: Hasn't claimed. However, given Cynder's attempted "Blizzard" bluff, I highly doubt Wargle is mafia.
  • I liek Skeletons: Hasn't claimed.
  • Metallica Fanboy: Claims to be a Hunter (gets to kill someone when lynched).
  • Butterfree: Claims to be a Roleblocker. Supposedly responsible for stopping Jack's kill on N0.
We need information about the no-kill. If Butterfree could tell us who she roleblocked, that would be our best lead; since sanderidge didn't heal anyone, the only other explanation I can think of is Stryke's Commute, or a power we don't yet know about. So it seems fairly likely that Butterfree blocked the killer.

phoenix-normal(b).gif

Looks like it's about a good as time as any to claim.

phoenix-document(b).gif

I'm a dreaming god, and I have a set of sprites from which I can pick. I can only use each sprite once, and I'm not privy to their effects.

Last night, I targeted MF.

phoenix-normal(b).gif

Looks like it's about a good as time as any to claim.

phoenix-document(b).gif

I'm a dreaming god, and I have a set of sprites from which I can pick. I can only use each sprite once, and I'm not privy to their effects.

Last night, I targeted MF.
Interesting. What sprite was this, exactly? Not that I think we'd be able to figure it out, but might as well ask. There's a chance that it was a blocking or healing effect, which could also explain the lack of a death.

phoenix-nodding.gif

Of course. It was a Zenyatta sprite. All of my powers are activated through Overwatch sprays.

phoenix-thinking(b).gif

I've asked Mimikyu about the nature of these sprites, and they were all given their powers deliberately. Besides this, I've also asked if the sprites' powers consist of only death and protection (the answer is no).

Hmm... Well, Zenyatta is a healer in Overwatch, if I'm not mistaken. So it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that the power you picked is a healing or jailing one. Doesn't tell us anything conclusive either way. We still need more information from the people who haven't posted yet.

Butterfree's post won't do you any good, since I jailed her (indirectly). I was going for Sanderige, but since they were switched....

Also of note, I blocked Butterfree one other night. Night one. When she said she targeted Jack.

Butterfree's post won't do you any good, since I jailed her (indirectly). I was going for Sanderige, but since they were switched....

Also of note, I blocked Butterfree one other night. Night one. When she said she targeted Jack.
You mean night 0, right? That's an odd thing to say. Since this (sort of) contradicts Butterfree's claim, why didn't you come forward with this information sooner?

Oh, and also: I'm going to tentatively vote to lynch Butterfree since she's not talking. However, I intend to retract my vote as soon as she speaks up.

Between the silence and her claim being super convenient (not to mention, entirely non-indicative of alignment, even if true), I've been suspicious of Butterfree for a while, but Wargle only sharing that information now does strike me as almost equally odd.

(I have another player I've been lowkey suspcious of, but we can sort these two out first.)

We've got one piece of the puzzle that we dropped on the floor the other day which someone picked up and won't give it to us...
Basically, who is Zero Moment?
I might just be too tired to notice if it's true or not, but they're being awfully quiet to me... speak up, no?

whoops, that sounded a bit too threatening for someone who voted against a mafia...
I mean, have you a roleblock ability? Maybe a jack of all trades?

Yes, I did mean night 0. Not used to starting on 0.

And I didn't say anything day 1 because I thought it was plausible, but then her silence combined with the no kill did it for me.

I;d love if Butterfree spoke up to these. She's online as I type this.

I targeted Stryke last night. If Wargle jailed me N0, then fair enough, there's some other reason JackPK's kill didn't work; obviously I wouldn't have known that either way, though, so I'm not sure why you'd hold that against me? I'm a roleblocker and the person I targeted apparently failed to execute their night action; of course I figure that means it was me.

(If I were lying, I doubt I'd have jumped at the opportunity to claim responsibility for something I knew a different, possibly-alive player must actually have been responsible for.)

How does the night action priority work here, though? If A jails B while C tries to switch B and D, does that mean B gets jailed and thus can't be targeted by C and the switch doesn't go through, or that B and D get switched so D gets jailed instead? If it's the former, then we probably should be lynching Stryke.

And I didn't say anything day 1 because I thought it was plausible, but then her silence combined with the no kill did it for me.
Hm? Elaborate, please. What was exactly was plausible, that made it not worth divulging information that may have improved our understanding of the situation?

Oh yeah btw I'm asking Mimi what i did N0 so i can know.
Maybe I did swap butterfree for someone last night...
Mimi, please tell me before the night phase.
Withdraw your votes till the results come in, please. Wouldn't want to accidentally kill a person we proved by forgetting that little tidbit.

Back
Top Bottom