• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nintendo DSi?

Are you getting the DSi when it comes out?

• Total voters
I don't care about the camera or the better audio. The only reason for my buying the DSi is that after I look at it in real life my older three will seem clumsy and ugly. And the bigger the screens the better.

Although, I'm a fool for buying a new Lite two days before hearing about the DSi.

I have yet to buy the DS Lite and be happy with it.
Honestly, I would prefer this if they left the GBA slot there.

Nintendo: OH YAY! More profit off our beloved DS!
((Oh, and I liked the GBA slot; I used that to play Fire Red.))

Last edited:
^ GBA sluts...nice.

I'm probably not gonna buy it.

Unless Julie decides to place a magnet on my DS Lite and say, "Rachel, it sticks!" and thus kill it.

Like she did with my old one.

Hmm...

Yeah, depending on the quality of the camera (I haven't seen any 0.3 megapixel pics before, so...), the opening selection of VC games (I bet they put RSEFRLG on there with a special feature to set which one is considered plugged in by DPPt so that they can go, "See!? It maintains backwards compatibility! :D YAY!"), and battery life, I may get it

All of that will go out the window if I find out that the shoulder-buttons break easily, though >.>

I'll want to get it for my birthday in May. My DS Lite was sold on EBay... Well it wasn't really mine, it was my sister's. *Hopes for one*

Nope. Because A- I have my trusty old DS, B- I'm pretty much broke, and C-It looks pointless. I don't see the point in having it just so you can play DS games and take pictures or whatever.

Hmm, I might get it, but I love my original DS so much... If I do get it then I will keep my DS for GBA game...

Wikipedia said:
A light blue Nintendo DS, with a limited run of 1,000 units, was released in Japan as part of a joint promotional offer with Pepsi

Regarding camera quality: some places I've looked at (Engadget, for example) are saying that the external camera is three megapixels.

Who is right? D:

EDIT: Hmm, there is a comment on there basically saying "it's 0.3 megapixels, update your information"... but meh, who knows?

I got a new DS Lite just last Christmas but I will be looking into the DSi.

I may try to import one after Christmas once I save up the money.

I doubt I will get it. I don't see why the hell I should want a camera on my DS, or a virtual console when I can't get WiFi. And my DS Lite can play GBA games. So basically I'd be losing the GBA slot and not gaining anything I personally can use.

Lite has a GBA slot.
I have a flash cart.
I see no point in for the camera.
Bigger screens aren't going to make that much of a difference.

I'm not getting one.

Lite has a GBA slot.
I have a flash cart.
I see no point in for the camera.
Bigger screens aren't going to make that much of a difference.

I'm not getting one.

I agree.
I see no reason to buy it.
I still have my old phat Blue DS and it works like a charm. And no GBA slot, boo to you Nintendo. If they put RSEFG on the DS Shop, I don't want to buy the games again.
About the internet, I got my Wii and computer for that.

Nope. My current DS works fine. Therefore, it'd be pretty unnecessary for me to get a new one. I don't care about cameras. As if I'd go round to my friendss houses with a DS and take pictures of them. Also, my family is poor so I can't afford it.

Life goes on.

Regarding camera quality: some places I've looked at (Engadget, for example) are saying that the external camera is three megapixels.

Who is right? D:

EDIT: Hmm, there is a comment on there basically saying "it's 0.3 megapixels, update your information"... but meh, who knows?

The external camera is 3 megapixels, the Internal one is a 0.3 megapixel.

Bulbapedia said:
...including not one, but two digital cameras, at 0.3 and 3 megapixels for the inner and outer one, respectively.

Well, I have a phone with two, and I'm pretty sure the one facing outwards is also better quality than the one facing inwards.

The reason for this, I always thought, is that the outside one is for actually taking photographs of things (you can see a preview on the screen while you're pointing it at something), and the inside one is for video calls or other things where you don't necessarily need a perfect quality image but where you need to see the screen at the same time as using the camera.

I don't know what sort of thing the DSi might use that for. Maybe some new application will let it do something like video calls, or maybe it'll be used for some of those downloadable games. Like a mini EyeToy or something. Who knows?

I wont get it because its too expensive, ugly, and has no GBA slot D:, I'm happy with my DS lite thank you.
If I remember correctly, its cheaper then the DS lite (Well, the lites old price anyway). Its 130$.

Also, ugly? How so? I thought it looks oh so cool. I have a DS/GBA SP/GB player for GB/C/A games. ftw ftw

Camera seems Ok IMO, theres a Media player, bigger screens, a VC/DSi shop, SD card slot, and a pretty good price. I have a feeling that the VC will revolve around Gameboy, Color, and Advance. Why? 'Cuz Nintendo will want cash every chance it gets, thats why the GBA slot is gone I guess. So we have to pay for games we already have in a near-mint condition status. Eh, Im getting it seeing as how many other options I have for Gameboy games.

Back
Top Bottom