• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nintendo DSi?

Are you getting the DSi when it comes out?

• Total voters
What's with all of the negatives? It's not like you actually have to sell your old DS to get the new one, is it? I plan on importing this thing myself, for a number of reasons:

1) An online store like the Wii. If they sell GB games, I could get Kirby's Dreamland 2. (I have it, but I threw it on the ground so hard that I erased the game, broke the casing in two, and ruined the save function, but it still works)

2) SD card compatibility. This will make it a lot easier and cheaper to run homebrew without having to buy a flash cart or worry about losing an existing one, since I an just leave the card in without having to swap it out when I want to play another game, like with my flash cart.

Alright, two reasons. But who cares? I'm keeping my DS and SP and GBA, so I can play any of my GB games if I want, including GBC and GBA.

This is like one of those new phones with tons of other features so you don't use the old, original feature anymore...

Cameras? What would I use a camera for? And I want the GBA slot. No, wait. I need the GBA slot. I'm not going to cart around two game counsels just so I can play both GBA games and DS games.

I just had a thought. How would you transfer Pokemon to Diamond/Pearl without a GBA slot?

I didn't mean it like that, I meant not everyone can use these new features, e.g. those lacking WiFi, or who don't give a crap about the camera.

Ah, I see. I can understand the lack of Wi-fi, and I personally don't give a crap about the camera either. Though, if someone doesn't have Wi-fi, then they should get it now. I wouldn't be able to enjoy my Nintendo Wii without it.

I wouldn't buy one, but it does seem like a nice concept. I just bought a lime green DS Lite, though, so I'm clinging onto that for now. <3

I think I'll actually just get a DS Lite when the new one comes out... Hopefully prices will be reduced by then.

I have a fairly new limited edition DS lite, so I'll pass. I don't really need the extra stuff anyway.

Plus, there's no GBA slot. I don't have a GBA SP anymore, so it'd be more beneficial for me to just stick with the DS lite I have.

I think I'll actually just get a DS Lite when the new one comes out... Hopefully prices will be reduced by then.

Uh...the DSi is a third system according to the articles I have read, which means that it will be promoted alongside the DS lite. In other words, the DS lite will be staying for a while, and the DSi was made to print more money.

And someone said they had a lime green DS? I'd definatly buy that, but I still would rather get this. Hopefully I could import it for Christmas, along with the Gamecube SD memory card. (I know its incompatible with most games, I do have some plans for it, however.)

For one thing this won't be seen outside of Japan for a really long time.

Secondly I know a bunch of you are from the 18th century and fear technology but this camera idea could be pretty keen. If the external camera can be used for taking pictures of whatever, then it'll be convenient. This also opens up even more ways for developers to mis-use a system feature, and occasionally manage to use it very well. Touch screen all over again, baby.

The reduced battery life won't be too much of a big deal for me, I believe it's still greater than that of the phat but less than that of the lite. I'll take an hour less of free roaming in exchange for internal flash memory, included browser, syncing photos with the wii's photo channel, and being able to get dlc for it.

Also for all of you crying about the lack of gba compatibility, I'm pretty sure your DSi won't snap your older DS in half in the middle of the first night you leave the two alone, so don't worry about it.

For one thing this won't be seen outside of Japan for a really long time.

^^ We all know that

Secondly I know a bunch of you are from the 18th century and fear technology but this camera idea could be pretty keen. If the external camera can be used for taking pictures of whatever, then it'll be convenient. This also opens up even more ways for developers to mis-use a system feature, and occasionally manage to use it very well. Touch screen all over again, baby.

One reason why I am considering getting it

The reduced battery life won't be too much of a big deal for me, I believe it's still greater than that of the phat but less than that of the lite. I'll take an hour less of free roaming in exchange for internal flash memory, included browser, syncing photos with the wii's photo channel, and being able to get dlc for it.

^^ I can go off of one charge on my DS for two days at LEAST. So, one less hour is, well, not that bad for me

Also for all of you crying about the lack of gba compatibility, I'm pretty sure your DSi won't snap your older DS in half in the middle of the first night you leave the two alone, so don't worry about it.

o.o Ninja DSi

Anyways, I STILL think that they are going to rerelease R/S/E/Fr/Lg on the DS Shop >.> Or at least release something that plugs into the SD card slot that allows one to play GBA games on the DSi

Sounds cool but then I can't play Emerald, Leafgreen, Final Fantasy IV advance and other games THAT I WANT TO PLAY. So I'd say DS lite is better for me.

Back
Top Bottom