• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nonsensical, Contradictory and/or Stupid Things in Video Games

How in Mario Kart, if you fall off of the track, and the Lakitu catches you, how is there no harm done to you or your cart?

In The World Ends With You, the ending is just... well, I gotta say, I was satisfied... but it left a LOT unanswered... (For all I know, these could be answered in the Secret Reports, but still...)

For instance if Joshua just wants what's best for Shibuya, why does he let the fate of it hang on a Game?

What *is* Mr. H anyway? (Oh yeah, I know he's an Angel. I just haven't read all of the secret reports, so... What's an angel?)

I got more questions, but I'm tired and can't think of any.

In the ace attorney saga,
lots of prosecutors present illegal evidence and get off scott free, while Phoenix [apparently] does it once and gets his attorneys badge taken away?
But the prosecution have those tricky excuses to get out of it, and the judge is always on their side. Phoenix just gets picked on. Notice he always has to provide a motive or his case falls apart, whereas the prosecution rarely bother and theirs are always impregnable.

But at least Tails and Cream are given a method of flight, even if it's biologically impossible. Knuckles just kind of...does. He doesn't even have those arm-flaps like a flying squirrel.
I think air is supposed to catch under his dreads and hold him up. No idea how that makes sense, but oh well.

Anyway, one thing that gets me is how characters in games explain to your character how to perform various actions in relation to buttons on the controller, and they understand. (I enjoyed the reference to this fact in SPM :3)

Heres a good question. Is it the same Yoshi in every mario game? There are a whole species and a lot help Mario out but that would also mean that every yoshi can, play tennis, endure several minigames, drive, save babies and brawl.

I'm pretty sure for racing, tennis, and minigames it's the same Yoshi, but it was explained in the Yoshi's Island games that there were multiple Yoshis working together to save Baby Mario and Luigi (and DK and Peach and Wario). In Brawl, I think the Yoshi in the SSE is the same Yoshi, but the different color Yoshis represent different ones.

Why does Tabuu hire Wario of all people to get trophies when there are people like Ganondorf around. Also why doesn't crazy hand get controlled?

This, and also another question. The Master Hand isn't killed at the end of SSE is he? Its just... theres blood and when you have the fight with bowser (as dedede) hes lying there motionless in the background...

This, and also another question. The Master Hand isn't killed at the end of SSE is he? Its just... theres blood and when you have the fight with bowser (as dedede) hes lying there motionless in the background...
I don't remember blood... O.o;

Anyways, I don't think so. Otherwise he wouldn't be Classic mode, if that counts for anything. But um, I guess he could be dead.

As for Crazy Hand, I guess they didn't feel like creating a backstory for him. I might, though~ (In mah RP)

The rest of the game isn't canon to the SSE, so yes, it can be assumed that Master Hand either died(since he can't be turned into a trophy) or was heavily damaged. Also, there were blood stains where the chains were attached to him.

Oh, another thing to point out: This would't be the first time a character in Smash actually died. In Melee, beating Giga Bowser in Adventure mode causes his trophy to explode, permanently ending his existence.

Except he's in Brawl Yeah, you're probably right.

While I'm here, I may as well point out the Nonsensical-ness that is Meta Knightmare Ultra. In order:

-First, in Spring Breeze, he randomly pwns Dedede even though he didn't do anything wrong. Senseless fighting FTW.

-I suppose Dyna Blade isn't that affected, but it is the same bird he shot down in RoMK. And now he's helping her raise the new clutch so there can be more Dyna Blades to potentially threaten his warship. Um.

-In The Great Cave Offensive, it starts with Meta Knight flying and then having him randomly veer off into a hole like he's drunk. More funny than anything.

-Easily the most well known example, Revenge of Meta Knight. Apparently the Halberd has un-destroyed itself or something and the Meta-Knights have re-banded without him, and now Meta Knight's going to play Kirby and wreck the ship again. One could speculate that he rebuilt the ship in order to destroy it (which still doesn't explain the Meta-Knights), but that's like having your car get totaled, repairing it, and then taking it out on the vehicle by ramming it into a building just to prove your point.

-Here's another big one - Milky Way Wishes. Though Meta Knight does get his own plot that makes sense this time, it's something other than the plot (and what spurred me to post this). All the cinematics involve Meta Knight flying through space as if there were gravity (and a breathable atmosphere, I might add). With Kirby this wasn't quite a problem because he was riding a Warp Star (though you could still bring up the bit about the breathable atmosphere).

This speaks for itself. :P

I was watching Sonic 06 Gameplay videos, and then I noticed something:

In Silver's story, he goes back in time and gives Elise a Chaos Emerald, saying that it's a good luck charm. If she had that Emerald during that whole time, that means that it couldn't have been used in conjunction with the other 6 during Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, or the Genesis Games.

There are plenty of plotholes in Sonic 06, but that one stood out.

In Twilight Princess, it always kind of freaked me out how the monsters just...exploded. Are they made out of some highly volatile material or something? x.x Maybe I just overthink these things.

Except he's in Brawl Yeah, you're probably right.

While I'm here, I may as well point out the Nonsensical-ness that is Meta Knightmare Ultra. In order:

-First, in Spring Breeze, he randomly pwns Dedede even though he didn't do anything wrong. Senseless fighting FTW.

-I suppose Dyna Blade isn't that affected, but it is the same bird he shot down in RoMK. And now he's helping her raise the new clutch so there can be more Dyna Blades to potentially threaten his warship. Um.

-In The Great Cave Offensive, it starts with Meta Knight flying and then having him randomly veer off into a hole like he's drunk. More funny than anything.

-Easily the most well known example, Revenge of Meta Knight. Apparently the Halberd has un-destroyed itself or something and the Meta-Knights have re-banded without him, and now Meta Knight's going to play Kirby and wreck the ship again. One could speculate that he rebuilt the ship in order to destroy it (which still doesn't explain the Meta-Knights), but that's like having your car get totaled, repairing it, and then taking it out on the vehicle by ramming it into a building just to prove your point.

-Here's another big one - Milky Way Wishes. Though Meta Knight does get his own plot that makes sense this time, it's something other than the plot (and what spurred me to post this). All the cinematics involve Meta Knight flying through space as if there were gravity (and a breathable atmosphere, I might add). With Kirby this wasn't quite a problem because he was riding a Warp Star (though you could still bring up the bit about the breathable atmosphere).

This speaks for itself. :P

Spring Breeze: Meta Knight was going to do this anyway in the Revenge of Meta Knight, so why complain?

Dynablade: I don't think he helps her raise the Dynachicks. He mainly is doing what Kirby did for "training."

Great Cave Offensive(what the hell is up with the name anyways?): Same as above. He plays Kirby to "train."

Revenge of Meta Knight: You must not have played enough Kirby. The Halberd was repaired in Kirby Squeak Squad(or Mouse Attack). Considering that all of these Sub games are seperate stories, this very logcially could take place after Squeak Squad even though the actual RoMK took place before it. That, and training. ;D

Milky Way Wishes: I...don't know, to be honest. Those stars that summon Nova seem to have magical properties, so logically they can allow people to breathe and fly in space.

There are Black Holes scattered across every Mario Galaxy level.
Surely they should be sucking in the level?

Not necessarily. There are never any objects closer than the distance Mario needs to be from the black hole before he starts swirling into it, plughole-style. So the galaxies simply don't cross the black holes' event horizon.

@superyoshi888: I get that most of it is for "training", but that doesn't prevent everything from looking plain silly. Considering what you said about Spring Breeze, how come Meta Knight didn't take the throne like he had originally planned? No, seriously, you don't have to answer that. XP

And I always assumed that, since this is a remake, all of the events including the new ones happened before the other games. But I'm probably wrong. And why doesn't he go destroy someone else's warship?

I agree with you on Milky Way Wishes, though the thing is, he didn't have them when he first set off.

Gawd, I'm never satisfied, am I?

Something I've noticed is that any sort of guide you have in any game (for example, a fairy) knows more about your abilities than you do. It's even more nonsensical when it's a long game series where the characters and abilities are only minimally changed. The thought popped into my mind when I was playing the tutorial of Sonic Unleashed.

I know it serves to help new players, but it still makes no sense.

Resident Evil: THe Wesker Report. The one that says that Umbrella sent a Tyrant specifically after two random people who happened to stumble into a Zombie Apocolypse, says that Ada was hired after the Mansion incident*When she had already been going out with a scientist from Umbrella to find these things out* And so on.

In Tales of Symphonia, when the party Smashes a Bakura, they mentioned that it's made out of solid mana...So when the party later needs a mana fragment, why don't they go on back to pick up some of the pieces, instead of charging to the enemy base?

I was watching Sonic 06 Gameplay videos, and then I noticed something:

In Silver's story, he goes back in time and gives Elise a Chaos Emerald, saying that it's a good luck charm. If she had that Emerald during that whole time, that means that it couldn't have been used in conjunction with the other 6 during Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, or the Genesis Games.

There are plenty of plotholes in Sonic 06, but that one stood out.

But remember that everything that happened in Sonic 06 was erased from history at the end of the game, so essentially that one irregularity is rendered null and void. Giving the Chaos Emerald to Elise, however, was part of a far greater paradox. Now, I haven't played this game (for better or worse) but I believe the issue goes something like this:

1. Silver goes back in time and gives the emerald to Elise.
  2. Back in the present, Elise gives the emerald to Sonic (or he acquires it indirectly somehow).
  3. Sonic gives the emerald to Silver so that he can use Chaos Control to go back in time.
  4. Repeat.
This cycle is infinite, so there is no way for the emerald to actually enter the story - it was simply always there.

...I really wish I could come up with something more than this. D:

I found out that in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team on DS you can have a Pikachu as a partner but you can't actually be one. Correct me if I'm wrong but I spent a long time trying to figure out how to be a Pikachu..I had no such luck. Anyway I thought that was really unfair, and how you lose all your money if you die. NOT HAPPY! It's not like I've never played any Pokemon games. I've played heaps. But I just hate the fact that you lose all your money. I NEED ORAN BERRIES AND REVIVER SEEDS!!! Maybe this is over-reacting but I tend to do that. Also..abducting helpless Caterpies and Digletts is not nice. Why the hell do these Pokemon have to attack me?! What did I ever do to them. Maybe I should stop playing Pokemon games. I seem to find alot wrong with them.

Oh, and..DARN ZAPADOS!

Last edited:
I found out that in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team on DS you can have a Pikachu as a partner but you can't actually be one. Correct me if I'm wrong but I spent a long time trying to figure out how to be a Pikachu..I had no such luck. Anyway I thought that was really unfair, and how you lose all your money if you die. NOT HAPPY! It's not like I've never played any Pokemon games. I've played heaps. But I just hate the fact that you lose all your money. I NEED ORAN BERRIES AND REVIVER SEEDS!!! Maybe this is over-reacting but I tend to do that. Also..abducting helpless Caterpies and Digletts is not nice. Why the hell do these Pokemon have to attack me?! What did I ever do to them. Maybe I should stop playing Pokemon games. I seem to find alot wrong with them.

No, you can be a Pikachu. I know firsthand.

Back
Top Bottom