• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

On Removing Clutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should look harder. I see plenty of conversation there.

YOUR AVATAR IS PRETTY 10/10 does not constitute as conversation.

I should not have to look harder. If I can't find it in the first place, then chances are, it's bad.

Nice blame game going there. Sure she posted a lot, but if it wasn't her posting, it would have been other people. Over time, that thread would still have grown. She just sped it up a bit.

It wasn't just a counting thread, it was a place where people talked and hung out. I don't see why you're all so against people enjoying themselves.

Admittedly, some games are kind of stupid, like the rating games. But how does this affect you? You could easily go on with your life without looking at the games. It's not like people are posting like that everywhere.

Do you even understand logic? Apparently you don't so let me spell it out for you.

Several. Thousand. Posts. Do not. Speed up. A game. Am I going slow enough for you?

It was just counting. Page after page after goddamn page, nothing but numbers. I saw no attempt at conversation in there, and same with other forum games.

For God's sake, we're not trying to kill forum games. We're trying to solve the problem of the clutter and what caused the lagging of the forums in the first place. READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC. There's a reason why Eevee has a post with forum size 7 font.

And the same to you and the others for harrassing forum members!

Harassing who? It's a joke based on the premise that postcount enlarges your e-penis, which is an obviously false statement. I'm making it ironically, as per usual.

Several. Thousand. Posts. Do not. Speed up. A game. Am I going slow enough for you?

It was just counting. Page after page after goddamn page, nothing but numbers. I saw no attempt at conversation in there, and same with other forum games.

And I'm sure you looked at every page, scoured them all carefully.

And I'm sure you looked at every page, scoured them all carefully.

with such a big thread I think sampling would still be an effective way of telling the truth instead of reading the whole thing which is a timeconsuming process and has a high chance of being redundant anyway

Or one could simply scroll through each page, glance at larger paragraphs or sentences and determine conversations were happening. A quick go through wouldn't take long.

or it could considering it's 800+ pages on default page length

800+ pages of counting

how do you not recognize how ridiculous this is

It was almost entirely counting and what bits weren't could have been done on... say... IRC. Or any IM protocol ever.

Did you know that there is more than one IRC channel in existence?

It takes thirty seconds at most to set up a new one.

Retsu: I've heard it referred to as that, sorry for my mistake.

Zeta: Some people can't download every IM willynilly as they please. My own laptop can't handle more than two, and some people probably can't due to house rules, they're using someone else's computer, etc.

Retsu: I've heard it referred to as that, sorry for my mistake.

Zeta: Some people can't download every IM willynilly as they please. My own laptop can't handle more than two, and some people probably can't due to house rules, they're using someone else's computer, etc.
Pidgin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom