• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

On Removing Clutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it doesn't get anywhere near the volume of posts that most of the really stupid threads in Forum Games do.

I said somewhere in this thread that if NP is deemed pointless, I'd be more than happy to see it go.

musta missed that then. :T this is turning into a huge thread so.

But anyway. I don't care what you do to forum games as long as you leave You're Banned (as I said before though, wiping it every so often would help) and the caption ones or something.

Last edited:
it has no purpose whatsoever besides post count+ and if people want to take us seriously then, yeah, it's got to go

@surskitty: As I mentioned earlier, though, it has the potential to. Over a much longer period of time, of course, but back before the wipe I could've sworn I remembered seeing 13k posts or something in that thread. I don't recall whether or not there was a lot of forum slowdown/whitescreening that could possibly be attributed to it, but I remember attempting to load it once and having a helluva time getting a page to display.

I honestly don't see the point of that thread, but if for whatever reason people insist that it stays on it might be a good candidate for the occasional lock-restart when it gets too big.

Speaking of whitescreening, I had to rewrite this long thing I was trying to post three times, and I got lazier everytime. :(

that's the kind of crap I'm tired of, and it's happening quite a bit I'm sure we all know that though

EDIT: My postcount just went backwards. It was over 1,100 and now it's... not. I just noticed that.

That it does! But it's currently not. It's a definite candidate for either nixing or lock + restart, yes~

... is it plausible that Now Playing killed TCoD

I don't see the point either.

would anyone object if I merged a bunch of posts in You're Banned actually

I think Social Groups would be great for the discussions that went on in the forum games, except for the fact that Social Groups are the most out-of-the-way part of the forums and the format is a little strange.

I like a lot of what the social groups feature has to offer (categorization, private groups, note of membership in profile, different discussion threads within each group for greater organization...); if it didn't feel so far away and the format weren't strange, it'd be amazing. It's certainly more sophisticated than just threads for clubs.

out... of the way?

it takes two mouse clicks tops to get to @_@

though the format is a little strange, you just have to get used to it...

It could also use some moderation/rules, but that's been covered. :P

Stupid idea: social group for games? They wouldn't count toward post count then, I don't think. There'd probably still be the issue of them getting too many posts though.

that's not a horrible idea. plus whoever owns the group has the responsibility (and power) of deleting a thread, so...

out... of the way?

it takes two mouse clicks tops to get to @_@

Well, it's easy to get to, but easy to forget about. I joined a group once, then realized a month later that I forgot about it. Social groups aren't on the front page like the individual forums are.

Stupid idea: social group for games? They wouldn't count toward post count then, I don't think. There'd probably still be the issue of them getting too many posts though.

I think this is a good idea; it could the responsibility of whoever owns the club to delete discussions that get over x posts. Then at least the forum games can't be found unless you go out of your way to look for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom