• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

bc my first thought was like “if doctor healed someone then that someone is probably town owo” but that could backfire if the doctor wasn’t the reason that no kill happened

agree with jack, i mean i guess we can talk about it but i think the options are pretty much bulletproof/alien hit or lucky doctor/roleblocker, i don't really see it being that useful

bc my first thought was like “if doctor healed someone then that someone is probably town owo” but that could backfire if the doctor wasn’t the reason that no kill happened
uhhh ... i. do not love this. i think if there's ever a situation where the doctor ends up claiming for some other reason, i agree that their n0 is probably cleared, but that's as much as i would feel comfortable saying ಠ_ಠ if you're suggesting that the doc or rb out themselves then no tbh?

-m

agree with jack, i mean i guess we can talk about it but i think the options are pretty much bulletproof/alien hit or lucky doctor/roleblocker, i don't really see it being that useful

uhhh ... i. do not love this. i think if there's ever a situation where the doctor ends up claiming for some other reason, i agree that their n0 is probably cleared, but that's as much as i would feel comfortable saying ಠ_ಠ if you're suggesting that the doc or rb out themselves then no tbh?

-m
nononono

my point was that a) they shouldn’t out themselves rn and b) even if a doc claims, we don’t know if their n0 is cleared bc there could have been other reasons that a kill was prevented

question for everyone, if you had to choose between Decimating the Fucking Sea or Decimating All Land what would you choose?
why not both
View attachment 710
a novel solution to the trolley problem 👏

genuine q. is cultspec like. important? i'm assuming so considering that a cursory google implies that recruited cultists lose town powers lol ...
-m
IME this very much depends on the host's preference. I don't think it would be wise to take for granted that the cult, if it exists, doesn't have access to PRs.

probably not useful, unless a town roleblocker/jailkeeper/etc exists and wants to come forward and point the finger at their n0 target
I don't think such a person, if they exist, should do that. In a game specifically advertised as "role madness", chances are that that person is not the reason why the nightkill failed, and in that case they're just revealing themself for nothing.

I kinda get the thing of sussing Trebek for what he said about cultification, but it seems a tad weak to me. It's exactly the sort of joking around that several people, me included, have already been doing about the setup. If you're going to read him as a cultist for that, why not also read me as someone who causes eight nightkills at once and then brings two and a half of them back to life over the course of the day? Hell, I could equally say that Seshas seems culty for trying to pin the blame on Trebek.

If there is a cult (and despite the joking, I do think it's more likely than not - useless roles can be amusing but I'm sure Mawile has better ways to troll us) I agree with kyeugh that getting rid of them should be our first priority, as they're only going to get more powerful over the course of the game.

Finally, seconding whoever it was who wanted to go back to memeing. Kinda getting whiplash from how fast the chat pivoted to mechspec. D:

I kinda get the thing of sussing Trebek for what he said about cultification, but it seems a tad weak to me. It's exactly the sort of joking around that several people, me included, have already been doing about the setup. If you're going to read him as a cultist for that, why not also read me as someone who causes eight nightkills at once and then brings two and a half of them back to life over the course of the day? Hell, I could equally say that Seshas seems culty for trying to pin the blame on Trebek.

If there is a cult (and despite the joking, I do think it's more likely than not - useless roles can be amusing but I'm sure Mawile has better ways to troll us) I agree with kyeugh that getting rid of them should be our first priority, as they're only going to get more powerful over the course of the game.

Finally, seconding whoever it was who wanted to go back to memeing. Kinda getting whiplash from how fast the chat pivoted to mechspec. D:
I think that the argument in the first paragraph is flawed, as I'm not bashing on the content of the post, but the awkward-ish tone. If I'm trying to pin the blame on and seriously consider voting Trebek, why would I put them in my townreads a few posts later?

For the second argument, what if I harclaimed wolf right now, but said that you shouldn't vote me because it will give more time for the cult to grow. I don't think gunning the cult is the best way to win the game, because we have approximately the same amount of leads, if not less, for cultists as for mafia, assuming there are mafia in this game, unless we have a cult-cop or something.

I think that the argument in the first paragraph is flawed, as I'm not bashing on the content of the post, but the awkward-ish tone. If I'm trying to pin the blame on and seriously consider voting Trebek, why would I put them in my townreads a few posts later?
yes, exactly! we're on, what, page 10? nobody's toneread is any better than random chance just yet

For the second argument, what if I harclaimed wolf right now, but said that you shouldn't vote me because it will give more time for the cult to grow. I don't think gunning the cult is the best way to win the game, because we have approximately the same amount of leads, if not less, for cultists as for mafia, assuming there are mafia in this game, unless we have a cult-cop or something.
well, if you hardclaimed wolf right now I would be suspicious of alien, but to engage with your actual point, yes, obviously if we had strong evidence about a wolf and not about a cultist then we should act on that. but we don't, at least not yet! what I'm saying is that in the absence of any other info, the cult are more of a threat rn

yes, exactly! we're on, what, page 10? nobody's toneread is any better than random chance just yet
Tonereads are how I caught Trebek in Tarot

Dropping the other point because I think we agree there

Back
Top Bottom