• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

a 5-2 wagon split at 1.5 hours before EOD, with even more prevailing sentiment against the 5 than there are votes
can you explain what you mean here a bit more? don’t think i’m tracking
I mean that it seems like almost everyone who's been here since the Seshas wagon popped up is like, okay with Seshas dying. Even the people not voting them, which is what I mean by prevailing sentiment. That doesn't make them town obviously (gestures to Mr. Ultracool in Cats) - it easily could point to absent or bussing partners.
hmmm, yeah. fwiw i would say the “absent” players are butterfree, emmy, and arguably rnp/mist.

i feel like the whole thing is NAI for VM tho so not gonna conclude terribly much from this right now
do you?
i kind of just immediately snapread "omg town" because i am a fool who thinks Big Gambit! Not Lurky! Town!

that was my initial snapread as well, but i could also equally see this being w/w (or honestly even w/v bc the more i think about it the more VM trying to pocket hydre seems to be a possibility)
i think the only spread that doesnt really make sense here is v/w?

oh ffs vm
first it was the “i’m kidding i’m not actually a vig” in cats

now this
this actually reminds me more of the test he gave me, as well as the fakeout about who he was going to shoot. i’m somewhat tempted to townread vm bc he was town there, but i guess i don’t really know that he wouldn’t do something like that as scum
sometimes you gotta take a gamble and lie to try fooling the mafia

what do y’all think the takeaways will be if seshas gets lynched and flips v
well, you'd come out of such an event looking strongly towny, and moreover, I'd be casting aspersions on the people who hopped on the wagon later, esp being that it was tied until it took off hard

beyond that, I feel like something could potentially be gleaned from the rest of the seshas posts in that occasion but I am too brainfried to puzzle it out atm

anyways, as for VM's alignment, I do agree it's very likely that he's aligned with Hydreigon, making this either a genuine spectacle or an all-around intentional farce. that VM hopped on the Seshas wagon right after pulling it means that the result of it also has a fair deal of science potential on him, but like, in ways that are more complicated than I am properly logicking rn

i feel like the whole thing is NAI for VM tho so not gonna conclude terribly much from this right now
do you?
i kind of just immediately snapread "omg town" because i am a fool who thinks Big Gambit! Not Lurky! Town!

that was my initial snapread as well, but i could also equally see this being w/w (or honestly even w/v bc the more i think about it the more VM trying to pocket hydre seems to be a possibility)
I agree with you in the main, but like, why would he want to pocket Hydreigon of everyone? I'm not really seeing that.

do you?

I agree with you in the main, but like, why would he want to pocket Hydreigon of everyone? I'm not really seeing that.
thats why im not 100% invested in the theory, bc idk why he would choose that, unless its the WIFOM of "why would he choose that lol"

do you?

hydreigon is the only hydra in the game that has three heads. a massive boon to be sure.

do you?

hydreigon is the only hydra in the game that has three heads. a massive boon to be sure.
ok embarrassing story time

when i first played through White i basically only used emboar and noone else

and when ghetsis went to send out hydreigon i panicked bc i saw "hydr-" and instead of concluding "oh like a hydra", i went "omg crap its a water type"

and for some reason i never fact checked it for ages

phew I finally caught up! I know I said it would be nice to have more to work with, but, well. Be careful what you wish for.

misc quick responses I picked up with the multiquote:

and yeah, i definitely think that the lack of a NK was due to PR interference, but i don’t think it’s worth it to spec on this right now bc like, for all we know multiple townies have roles that could affect the NK, and it’s no use talking about them all if we can’t even decide which one was responsible for what happened last night
hard agree - another reason why I thought jack's "if a roleblocker/jailkeeper targeted someone n0, maybe they could point us in the right direction?" (paraphrased) was misguided at best
y'know I wrote that and then went to bed and, before I drifted off to sleep, thought to myself "I didn't phrase that very well did I, people are gonna latch onto that" but didn't think it was important enough to get back up out of bed for

my intention was not to directly call for a roleblocker/etc to roleclaim now, more to encourage roleblocker/etc to come forward once they feel they have enough evidence to firmly implicate someone, which idk could be toDay if they're a combination roleblocker+something else that gives info, could be toMorrow, could be the next Day, the Day after, who knows. just whenever they have felt they have info that's useful enough to offset the danger of revealing themselves

(if town roleblocker/etc even exists at all)
this makes sense, thank you for expanding on it! good to have confirmation (a) that I did more or less get what you meant and (b) that you didn't mean anything sinister by it. as Trebek said a few posts after you, that kind of going-back-after-the-last-few-days-mechinfo-to-figure-out-conclusions is super useful

i've also disliked their reaction to the votes on em—eir lack of engagement there feels to me like a wolf trying not to look like they're panicking about a few votes. then, as we approach eod, i'm increasingly convinced these wagons are w/v, which sort of strengthens my belief here.
in my defense, it's not as if there's really anything to engage with

neither you nor seshas have actually presented any reasoning to argue against

tbh i do agree with skylar that this post is ?_? and i don't know if i should read it as scum stirring up confusion/halting other discourse, or as confused!townie. i have like. repeatedly gone back to this
because in that situation, the cult's wincon wouldn't just be "reach majority", it would be "reach majority before the town eliminate the mafia", which is... kinda arbitrary, and also allows the cult to be harmed by bad play from the mafia

I may be overthinking this but I don't see how it makes sense (in mafia games in general, not just this one) for town to win when not all antitown factions have been eliminated
-m
agh I wondered even as I was saying all that stuff whether it was wise since someone would be guaranteed to misinterpret it

very abbreviated summary of where I was coming from there: I am used to the town wincon being nothing more or less than "you win when all threats to town have been eliminated, or when this cannot be prevented". in that situation a cult would need to be eliminated. I wasn't sure if the difference in phrasing with the town wincon in this game was significant or not. in addition, I've never actually played against a cult before and so I was trying to reason out how it would work from a game design perspective to see what kinds of interactions with other factions' wincons would make sense.

for the record, in light of what we know now about the insane variety of immunities, my current view is that a cult is no more likely to exist than a masonizer, mafia recruiter, alieniser etc, which is to say, probably not.

what gives me pause on reading koko as earnest in the thing i quoted is that, uh, i think the 3p oversight is kind of big and i think koko would probably have known. it's kind of up to "how likely is it that e really thought emself in circles like that, given experience level" and i'm ... not sure. if seshas gets another vote i might move to balance wagons tbh
-m
as an aside, I am perennially astonished by how high people estimate my "experience level" to be

before tvt I hadn't even played mafia for, like, three years, and the play on my previous home forum was nowhere near as high-calibre as you guys. so in terms of experience, what you see is what you got

by the way, other peeps who roll in hydras, you ever catch your other head's half-finished post in the textbox? because I did earlier and it was wild-
yes omfg.
-m
haha, this happened to me and blu the other day! I was like, "wh-? I didn't write this- ohhhh"

---

as far as the votes go, to nobody's surprise, I guess I'm going for Seshas

the discussion about her cult opinions went a bit over my head, but I get the gist where mewt and H&M&F are coming from and I still don't think we ever found out why she wanted to vote for me in the first place. plus it's not as if there are any other wagons anyway.

i am probably around until eod if anyone has questions for me.

n's sigilyph ain't shit why does everyone think it's so bad to fight

Back
Top Bottom