• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

why the fuck should i strain my eyes cuz you refuse to stop with the font effects from 2007

RNP, please, be kind.

Anyway, this has, uh, been A Ride to catch up on. VM probably makes the most sense? I'm having a really hard time making sense of what's even going on here (maybe it'll be easier sometime when it's not seven AM), and he sounds super honestly desperate and it's hard to see why he'd do any of this as mafia, but ?_?

hey bfree, i know its like a ridiculous amt of info but do you have any opinions on the logic trees jack has set up? abt what to do in each case if koko or vm flip red or green? take as much time as you need to assess the situation haha no rush rn

Haha, time to sign up for another shenanigans game! Surely nothing mechanically complicated or confusing to puzzle out will

tenor.gif

Notes/etc. from catchup that are not related to the mechanical situation, which I'm honestly still trying to wrap my head around but I'll make another post about it:

Can I townread Jack for evidently having ISOed Seshas overnight, is that allowed. Agree with tbh that him looking at VM's flavor from the POV that he had is pretty good too. Although this is coming from me who townread his POV throughout him counterclaiming Butterfree in Tarot, oops.

Has IndigoEmmy checked in at all this phase? Hope she's doing okay. :>

I think I like the ~consistency between Butterfree not thinking a mafia fruit vendor was a thing and how she treated Seshas last EOD? I do think that consistency could be because it's something she believes as either alignment... but if she was w/w with mafia fruit vendor Seshas, then it wouldn't be a belief.

I'm kind of confused by Hydreigon's moves, I feel like I'm flopping between too esoteric to be mafia and like, too esoteric to be "too esoteric to be mafia." (this is similar to Mist's read on them, I think?) My read is also maybe badly calibrated because I think several like, presuppositions in their posts point to them being used to a different meta than there is here.
- I think I agree with kyeugh that Seshas pointing out Hydreigon as towny doesn't necessarily make them partnered with them, because it did draw attention to them, but also I'm not really sure what their agenda would be in doing that if Hydreigon is town. Like I don't really feel like it was presented in a way to secure a pocket or suck up to them or something - the read felt pretty straightforward but also not really founded in a lot.
- However, now I think my "VM and Hydreigon are aligned" read probably takes precedence over any read I make on Seshas/Hydreigon...?

In the world that RNP is town, Mist recharging his one-shot is a very pro-town way for her to use her ability (given that the recharging works how it's said to and won't like... kill him or something when he tries to use the ability again? which I kind of hate is a caveat that I have to add but #shenanigans.) I am tempted to say it aligns them with him, but a little unsure - v/w and w/v are maybe still possibilities, and also RNP softing what happened would be some fairly slick scum theater if w/w.

--

@kokorico, sorry if I missed it among speculation, but can you summarize for me what your current take is on the most likely mechanical situation and the best yeet today?

@Mist1422, what changed your mind on Hydreigon between yesterDay and toDay?

don't fucking tell me what to do you font-changing scum
Hey, I agree Hydreigon changing their post styling would help with accessibility, but this and some of the things you said to VM have made me a little uncomfortable. :(

@Hydreigon25, are you running into a technical issue or something with removing the colors from your posts? I feel like in general, if an issue could be resolved by one person changing something (text color) vs. many people changing something (forum style), usually it's easier if the one person makes the change, even though it may be a bit more hassle for them than for each of the many people individually. I'm sure we'd all like to be able to easily read what you have to say!

--

(just realized my above post could be read as criticism - is joke, I knew what I was getting into, ❤ Mawile)

tbh I didn't think tbh seemed scummy at all tbh, but tbh I wanted to know if tbh was town for sure in case I was getting pocketed so that's why I targeted them last night tbh
attn: @Boquise

******HEAL NOT KILL

and won't like... kill him or something when he tries to use the ability again?
It occurs to me that I can probably trace my fear of this specific thing happening in any vaguely shenanigansy game to the wonderful Third-Party Party MFia from like two years ago.

Kratos's guns... not even once.

If we want to go with the Potentially Boring Option we could always yeet Hydre and use my role to resolve the VM/kyeugh situation
Collecting a loose end I forgot to - Mist, can you elaborate on whether you think this could still help given Jack's worlds laid out in #1316?

ok i was going to longpost tonight but a lot of things happened and i couldn’t; now i’m too tired to think straight. i’ll try to log in much earlier and do it in the early afternoon tbh.

bottom line is: i caught up to the thread with mewt and we talked at lengths about the current situation. after much discussion, i managed to convince her that the best lynch toDay is vipera magnifica. tomorrow’s longpost will explain it all, but i believe it’s important to lay this vote now.

- rari

These are the relevant claims, right?

VM: n0 cop koko town + motion detect DM nothing; n1 cop TBH mafia (not swapped)
kyeugh: n0 witness TBH -> witness koko mafia; n1 witness Jack -> blocked
RNP: n0 truth-compel DM, n1 nothing
storm: n0 track DM nowhere, n1 track Hydreigon -> TBH went nowhere
tbh: n0/n1 non-moving ability
DM: n0 non-moving ability, n1 targeted Hydreigon -> "unexpected"

Couple questions that I assume I know the answers to, but clarification doesn't hurt:

@Vipera Magnifica When you motion detected DM, does that mean the "traditional" sense of motion detect - i.e. you would receive positive feedback if DM got targeted as well, even if they didn't go anywhere? Also, why'd you choose DM?

@kyeugh When you say you learn the alignment of your target's killer if they die, and like mafia Y kills your target X, do you know if that would be like "X's killer was mafia" or "Y is mafia"?

Oh god my head.

I think VM is the best vote from the point of view of: if he's town, I disagree with Jack saying that we get no useful information - I think VM's correct that him being town implicates several people.* But I also don't think we're ever getting there based on his posting, and we very likely have the yeets to spare. And if he's mafia, yay we killed another mafia, evaluate more tomorrow i.e., uhh, I'm tired and haven't thought through the implications. I think Hydreigon is likely mafia too in this case? I still think koko/Seshas is unlikely w/w and I suppose koko could have been... really unlucky to get the "dragging em down with me" n0 plus some sort of uninformed miller thing with kyeugh, but I think along similar lines with tbh/Seshas... I guess in this case kyeugh's results probably tell us that koko/tbh is v/w or w/v so just yeeting both of them in absolute worst case nets us a wolf.

To be clear, I'm using "town/v" and "mafia/w" essentially as shorthand for "town (who is telling the truth)" and "in-group mafia (who is lying)". There are of course other possibilities...

I think my role PM might imply that aliens exist even if the alien conversion thing isn't real. We seem to be missing the n0 scum kill, and possibly multiple further kills assuming the existence of a vig, so I'm worried that VM's extremely bold claim might be an alien move?

However... no one's brought up the possibility of alien at all unless I missed something, which makes VM continuing to fight for himself and sounding very genuine in it pretty good evidence against this possibility, imo? Like, I believe that he wants to survive, and that he's not just performing that desire to make people second-guess themselves out of him being an alien.

I guess he could be outgroup? That would basically just be the same as the "is mafia" possibility above but wreck all the associatives from it (like, Hydreigon would be town in that world, as they wouldn't be knowingly aligned, I think?) If he's a terrorist, which I imagine is the most common outgroup role, idk why he hasn't just blown up kyeugh by now or something lol.

* So... this actually has nothing to do with VM's cop results. I kind of have no idea what his most likely cop sanity would be if he's town because tbh/Seshas and koko/Seshas both seem pretty highly not w/w to me, and I also have separate reasons to townread both of them outside this associative read so I don't think the possibility that it could be an ingroup/outgroup thing helps. Maybe there's something super weird going on here that no one will ever guess like, idk, alternating night sanities or Mawile went full bastard and is generating random results or something. This is why I don't think killing koko or tbh would be the best route even in terms of information/confirming anything here.

However, I think that except in the very specific and probably verifiable case of (1) some unfathomable weirdness having happened night 0 and (2) someone having deflected results from Hydreigon to tbh or redirected Storm to tbh on night 1, VM and storm can't be v/v due to (1) VM detecting no motion around DM night 0, when storm claimed to target DM (and presumably both got their username in the feedback) and (2) VM getting his result on tbh night 1 and storm getting their result shifted from Hydreigon to tbh that night. Same with VM and RNP for the reason in (1).

re: kyeugh in this case... I feel like all my reasoning right now is circular. From a pure setup perspective, it seems ~unlikely that kyeugh's role exists alongside VM's as v/v - unless one of them is insane, which would have to be the case for them to be v/v anyway given their results. I don't think mafia kyeugh would counterclaim town VM in that spot unless she was partners with tbh, I feel like she'd probably let us misyeet town tbh and then turn on VM... but if VM is town and sane, tbh is mafia anyway. So uhh, I feel like that all will eventually come out in the wash.

Back
Top Bottom