• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

Roles:
Butterfree: Mafia Quote Cop with 1-shot Watcher
kokorico: Mafia Main Role Roleblocker with 1-shot Redirector
Seshas: Mafia Fruit Vendor with 1-shot Bodyguard
Keldeo: Mafia Cannoneer with 1-shot Terrorist
Mistyx: Town MR Copycat with 1-shot Recharger
Hydreigon25: Town Messenger with 1-shot Modposter
kyeugh: Town Witness with 1-shot Global 1-shot Roleblocker
storm: Town Tracker with 1-shot Gladiator
tbh^2: Town Wiki Oracle with 1-shot Bulletproof
Trebek: Town Bus Driver with 1-shot Self-Commuter
RedneckPhoenix: Town Sensei with 1-shot Hypnotist
Despicable Meme: Town Vigilante with 1-shot Hunter
IndigoEmmy: Town Doctor with 1-shot Strongman
JackPK: Town Doctor with 1-shot Millionare
Vipera Magnifica: 3P Warlock with 1-shot Godly-Reviver

Role PMs, as they were sent:
Hello Butterfree, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
w/w is short for "wolf/wolf" i.e. the idea that the two players being discussed are both mafia.
View attachment 442

You are two wolves, one is willing to sniff out information, and the other just kind of... stares directly at you. Both are gay, though. You don't really know what that part has to do with anything, but it's in the quote so it's a fact.

Through using the powers of the wolves, you have gained the ability to sniff out one person's quote each night, but not their alignment or actual role or anything like that. Out of context wolves can only detect more out of context quotes, after all.

Your fellow ingroup mafia members are kokorico, Seshas, and Keldeo(ooooooo). Each night, anyone besides Keldeo can choose to carry out the factional nightkill. In carrying out the nightkill, you forfeit your night action for that night. Keldeo is too busy learning about clown terrorism to perform the nightkill. He still has time to talk with the mafia, though.

As long as Keldeo is alive, the mafia may abstain from performing a nightkill in favor of "storing" the nightkill to be used on another night. For example, you may opt to not perform a nightkill on nights 0 and 1, instead choosing to perform 3 nightkills on night 2. (This also means that you, kokorico, and Seshas can all carry out your own night actions on a night where you choose to store the nightkill.) If Keldeo dies, then all stored nightkills are lost.

In addition, being two wolves, you also have access to a one-time watcher ability (thanks to one of the wolves). You can choose to watch a single person and learn the names of all players who used a night action on that player that same night. If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

Because you are so devoted to being two wolves, you simply can't fathom the idea of not being a wolf. As such, you are passively immune to being recruited by the town to become a townie.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Mafia-aligned Quote Cop with a 1-shot Watcher ability, and you are passively immune to town recruitment.
Each night, you may choose to either find out someone's quote, carry out the nightkill or watch someone one time in the game.
You win when the mafia makes up more than half the remaining players.
(if you have any questions, please contact me!)
Hello kokorico, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
My browser froze and my task manager crashed so I had reboot the laptop, which made Windows believe it was the first time I had started the laptop so it ran the whole Windows set-up with me before letting me back. Needless to say, I spent the last hour eating ice cream tbh

You somehow managed to freeze your whole browser and broke Task Manager, somehow. In rebooting the laptop, you managed to waste a whole bunch of time, and you are extremely devoted to wasting other people's time.

By essentially "freezing" a person (through feeding them ice cream), you can choose to roleblock them for the night, but only if they aren't using any kind of one-shot ability that night. If they are, you're out of luck -- they managed to put off their Windows Updates through sheer willpower and will avoid your roleblocking ability that night. (Basically, you can only roleblock someone's main ability.)

Your fellow ingroup mafia members are Butterfree, Seshas, and Keldeo(ooooooo). Each night, anyone besides Keldeo can choose to carry out the factional nightkill. In carrying out the nightkill, you forfeit your night action for that night. Keldeo is too busy learning about clown terrorism to perform the nightkill. He still has time to talk with the mafia, though.

As long as Keldeo is alive, the mafia may abstain from performing a nightkill in favor of "storing" the nightkill to be used on another night. For example, you may opt to not perform a nightkill on nights 0 and 1, instead choosing to perform 3 nightkills on night 2. (This also means that you, kokorico, and Seshas can all carry out your own night actions on a night where you choose to store the nightkill.) If Keldeo dies, then all stored nightkills are lost.

In addition, due to your quote being kind of an adventure to read through, you can manage to divert a single person's night action to another person of your choice. You can only do this once, though, since redirecting somebody's attention to someone else is a lot harder than just distracting them. If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

Because of how you're essentially just the story of a frozen computer and wasted time, you're immune to having your win condition altered by any means. I mean, not like anybody would do that, right...?
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Mafia-aligned Main Ability Roleblocker with a 1-shot Redirector ability, and you are passively immune to having your win condition altered.
Each night, you may choose to either roleblock somebody, carry out the nightkill or redirect somebody's action to someone else one time in the game.
Hello Seshas, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
The only way I'd take orders from you is if my job applications at Subway went through.

Guess what! You got the job at Subway. Your applications went through, and you showed up for the job one morning, only to find that Subway is actually a front for a criminal operation run by two wolves. Actual wolves, not even like the metaphorical mafia wolves we talk about in games.

You joined the mafia, apparently.

The wolves and the other mafia members decided that the absolute best use of your time is to make them sandwiches. You have to keep up the whole front of, you know, being a sandwich shop, so each night, you can give somebody a sandwich. The sandwiches don't do anything. You're not allowed access to the poisons yet, and you have to follow orders to not kill anybody with them. They can eat them if they want, you don't really care.

Your fellow ingroup mafia members are Butterfree, kokorico, and Keldeo(ooooooo). Each night, anyone besides Keldeo can choose to carry out the factional nightkill. In carrying out the nightkill, you forfeit your night action for that night. Keldeo is too busy learning about clown terrorism to perform the nightkill. He still has time to talk with the mafia, though.

In addition, the GM wanted to make a joke here about how bodyguards are just meat shields, and how Subway has meat sandwiches. So naturally, once in the game, you can choose to be a bodyguard and protect somebody from being killed that night. If they are targeted by a kill, you will die in their place. You know. Like a meat shield. (Even if you don't die that night, this action will still be used up if you decide to use it.) If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

Because of how you're now legally contracted to work for Subway/the mafia, you cannot be made Disloyal. This means nobody can give your role the Disloyal modifier, which would make it impossible for you to target your fellow mafia members.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Mafia-aligned Fruit (Sandwich?) Vendor with a 1-shot Bodyguard ability, and you are passively immune to being made disloyal.
Each night, you may choose to either give somebody a sandwich, carry out the nightkill or become somebody's bodyguard one time in the game.
Hello Keldeo, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
ah, herbe. my sweet lad. pursue clown terrorism all that you want. anyone can be anything in this world as long as they set their mind to it <3

You followed mewtini's advice and ended up learning the honored time-honored trade of clown terrorism. As such, you enrolled in clown terrorism school, where you learned how to be a Good Mafia Member, how to do accounting, how to operate a confetti cannon, and how to also explode somebody into confetti (at the cost of your own life, of course).

So when you heard that your local mafia had an opening for a clown terrorist, of course you took the job. You still go part-time to the clown terrorism school, though.

Because your clown terrorist skills were desperately needed by this specific mafia, you're not allowed to go and perform the factional nightkill unless you're the only mafia member left. (You also have too much schoolwork to go and take the whole night off trying to kill someone.) Instead, you use your skills to passively budget out their nightkills.

Your fellow ingroup mafia members are Butterfree, kokorico, and Seshas. Each night, anyone besides you can choose to carry out the factional nightkill. In carrying out the nightkill, they forfeit their night action for that night. (If you are the only mafia member remaining, you may no longer use the Cannoneer ability, and you are then allowed to carry out the factional nightkill.)

As long as you are alive, the mafia may abstain from performing a nightkill in favor of "storing" the nightkill to be used on another night. For example, they may opt to not perform a nightkill on nights 0 and 1, instead choosing to perform 3 nightkills on night 2. (This also means that Butterfree, kokorico, and Seshas can all carry out their own night actions on a night where the mafia chooses to store the nightkill.) If you die, then all stored nightkills are lost, because your budgeting skills are sorely needed.

In addition, in being a clown terrorist, you can perform an act of clown terrorism at the cost of your own life. To do this, post "@Mawile perform an act of clown terrorism on [Name]" in bold, replacing [Name] with the person you want to explode.

Because of your heavy education in the art of avoiding aliens (as part of your courses on clown terrorism), you are aware of aliens. They exist, and no matter how hard they try, they won't turn you into one of them.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Mafia-aligned Cannoneer with a 1-shot Terrorist ability, and you are passively immune to becoming an alien.
You do not have any night actions, but each day, you may choose to blow someone up and die with them. To do this, post "@Mawile perform an act of clown terrorism on [Name]" in bold, replacing [Name] with the person you want to explode. (The @ makes sure that I see it, so don't forget it!)
Hello Mist1422, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
i spent all day fucking with my desktop configuration so setting the word “conf” is taking me to a bad place

Like many other people who enjoy computers, you have spent a lot of time messing with your computer's settings. You can spend an entire day just emssing with your desktop configuration, saving it and reloading it and changing it in little ways.

So naturally, each night, you can essentially "save" someone's night action to your own desktop and use it on another person. It's only a temporary file, though, so you don't keep access to it after using it. In addition, the file isn't exactly human-readable, so it's kind of hard to open up the file to learn what night action you copied that night.

In addition, once per game, you can choose to reconfigure someone's one-shot action and give them an additional use of it. It takes a lot of effort, though, so you can really only do this once. If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

Since you choose to stay in your room all day and mess with your desktop configuration, you're immune to being masonized. Why go out and talk to people when you can just sit in your room?
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Main Ability Copycat with a 1-shot 1-shot Action Recharger ability, and you are passively immune to being masonized.
Each night, you may choose to either choose someone to copy their main night action on a second person or recharge someone's 1-shot action one time in the game.
You win when all members of the mafia are dead.
Hello Hydreigon25, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
How annoyed would you be if I just started typing in this font all the time

You have recently learned about the power of the font BBCode, and you have decided that everybody needs to know about it. Turns out that some people feel annoyed by people typing in Times New Roman all the time, and other people love it.

As such, once per night, you can send anybody a message about anything. You do this by sending it to me, and I will anonymously send it to them (and I will also put it in a font of my choice). The message can be about anything you want, but try to keep it to no longer than one or two sentences.

Sometimes you just really need everyone to be annoyed by seeing a message written in Times New Roman. As such, one time in the game, you can send a message to me to be posted in the main thread in the morning. The message will be posted without your name attached. If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

In addition, your love of Times New Roman and other fonts makes you immune to being silenced from speaking during the day. Most silencers can only silence the default font, after all.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Messenger with a 1-shot Modposter ability, and you are passively immune to being day silenced.
Each night, you may choose to either send a message to somebody or have me post a message in the main thread when the next day phase starts one time in the game.
Hello kyeugh, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
i'm not even lying rn i had a dream the other night that i got married to ed sheeran and i woke up in a cold sweat at 5:30am

anyway

You have not gotten a good night's sleep in some time, to be honest. Every night, you wake up in a cold sweat at 5:30am, and you're kind of getting a bit sick of it. You can't even really mention these dreams to a whole lot of other people without your words being taken out of context and used in a mafia game-

But, uh. That's beside the point.

Since you wake up at 5:30 am every morning, you are awake before anyone else even gets up for the day. You tend to just wander around, and you've gotten good at looking into people's windows just for fun. People in this town kind of suck at hiding incriminating evidence in their living rooms, so each night, you can choose someone's window to look in and determine their alignment.

Sometimes, though, you look in a window and see a dead body. In those cases, you simply look in the window, and if you break out in a cold sweat, then you know it was the mafia who did it. So basically, if the person you choose dies that night, you'll learn the alignment of their killer, but not who the killer is.

Since you're so accustomed to being dealt psychic damage every night, you have enough experience to be able to deal psychic damage to everyone. As such, once per game, you can choose to deal psychic damage to everyone in the game and prevent them from using a 1-shot action that night. (This will not use up their 1-shot action, and they will be notified that their action did not go through.) If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

In addition, since your role is so intrinsically tied to how much psychic damage you're dealt by your dreams, you are immune to having your whole role switched with another person.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Witness with a 1-shot Global 1-shot Action Roleblocker, and you are passively immune to having your role switched.
Each night, you may choose to either inspect someone or globally roleblock all 1-shot actions one time in the game.
Hello storm, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​

You are a very angry dog. That's, uh, pretty much it.

Being a dog, you have a very good nose, and you can track down anybody's scent to figure out who they targeted that night. If they didn't go anywhere, you can tell that too!

Since you are such an angry dog, you also have the option to challenge somebody during the day once. To do this, post "@Mawile snarl at [Name]" in bold, replacing [Name] with the person you want to challenge. By challenging somebody, you will reset all votes made so far that day, and people can only vote for either you or the person you are challenging. Using this action during the day does not prevent you from using your night action. This action can only be used once, and may not be used in the last 2 hours of the Day.

Due to the sheer amount of anger emanating off of you, any neighborizers cannot target you. You are a dog after all, and you would likely bite anybody who would try to talk to you.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Tracker with a 1-shot Gladiator ability, and you are passively immune to being neighborized at any time.
Each night, you may choose to track someone.
Each day, you may choose to challenge somebody one time in the game to force people to vote for only you or your challenger. To do this, post "@Mawile snarl at [Name]" in bold, replacing [Name] with the person you want to challenge. (The @ makes sure that I see it, so don't forget it!)
Hello tbh^2, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is the honorary:​
YES. Snowboards is manufacturer of snowboards.[1][2] It was founded in 2009 and is based in Europe.[3][4]

YES. Snowboards Inc.
YES-Snowboards-logo.jpg
TypePrivate
IndustrySporting goods
Founded2009
HeadquartersSwitzerland
Key peopleRomain De Marchi, JP Solberg, DCP
ProductsSnowboard equipment, apparel, accessories
Number of employees20
Websitehttp://www.yesnowboard.com/

You are the incarnation of all Wikipedia articles, but specifically YES. Snowboards in particular. In being all Wikipedia articles at once, you have an incredible amount of knowledge. You know Everything, At All Times, That Has Ever Existed.

But even Wikipedia can't divulge the secrets of this mafia game's setup.

As such, once per night, you can PM me a question about the setup of the game. This can include questions about roles, ratios, or anything else that was determined before the roles were randomized and assigned to players. I will respond with what I deem to be an acceptable Wikipedia article as a response. These may or may not be clear responses, so good luck figuring them out!

In addition to being the human form of Wikipedia, you also have a snowboard. The snowboard is somehow bulletproof, because of the sheer quality of YES. Snowboards' snowboards. As such, the first time you are killed at night, the snowboard will automatically stop it, and will then break.

Wikipedia will not be taken down by a single evil person who is trying to go around killing everbody. As such, you are immune to being killed by a serial killer.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Wikipedia Oracle with a 1-shot Bulletproof ability, and you are passively immune to being killed by a serial killer.
Each night, you may choose to ask me a question about the setup. In addition, you will be automatically protected from the first nighttime kill that targets you.
Hello Trebek, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
Could you elaborate?

Plain and simple, you refuse to elaborate on things, because you are driving a car. You are somehow the only person in this town who owns a car, because apparently nobody else goes places. (If people in this town had cars, they would just all leave and not subject themselves to suffering through a mafia game. But instead, they get to risk death! Great.)

Because you have a car, you have made an agreement with everyone in the town that you can drive them places. Because of there now being mafia in the town, people figured that maybe they could trip up the mafia by switching who sleeps in which house at night without telling anybody. Each night, you can choose two people to switch, and actions targeting one will then target the other for that night.

In addition, due to having a car, you can leave the town completely for one night, making you completely untargetable. You can't bring a whole lot in your car, so you can really only bring supplies for one night, and then you have to return to the town the next morning. You can only do this once, because leaving on multiple nights would just make you feel guilty. If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

Because of having a car, you are immune to having your house set on fire and burned down. You can live out of your car, I guess.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Bus Driver with a 1-shot Self-Commuter ability, and you are passively immune to being set on fire.
Each night, you may choose to either swap two people, causing them to be targeted by night actions intended for the other or commute yourself one time in the game.
Hello RedneckPhoenix, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​

my 'best friend' is an abomination of nature who is emblematic of the demented hell-religion i worship

You have somehow befriended an eldritch abomination from the Realm Beyond who refuses to tell you its True And All-Powerful Name, and have formed a whole religion around it. Nobody really wants to join your religion, because how do you worship the Great Thousand-Faced One With Seventeen Names properly in only three dimensions?

So because of your relationship with the Oldest Second Tenth-Dimensional Being, you have been granted the ability to make somebody's night action completely untrackable for that night. You suspect it's through some sixth-radial magic that the Longest Seven-Handed God bestows upon you, but you're not really questioning it, to be honest.

In addition to this, the Darkest Sun's All-Aware Eye has also gifted you a one-time ability to hypnotize somebody into being forced to reveal their role alignment in their first post the next morning. Because of the physical toll this magic takes on you, you can only use it once. If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

(passive)

❝ --- ❞

In summary, you are a Town-aligned Sensei with a 1-shot Hypnotist ability, and you are passively immune to (passive).

Each night, you may choose to either make someone's night action undetectable or hypnotize someone into revealing their true alignment the following day one time in the game.

You are immune to cult recruitment due to basically being your own cult.
Hello Despicable Meme, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
wagons are far too heavy for even a gigantic animal such as an elephant to throw comfortably, let alone meek humans living hundreds of miles from you. grow up.

You chose to get strong enough to be able to throw wagons, despite not even being a gigantic elephant. Through the sheer power of minion memes, you now have the strength to throw an entire wagon hundreds of miles from you.

The typical conestoga wagon weighed about 1300 pounds, or 590 kg, which is generally heavy enough to kill a regular human person, of which everyone in the town is. (At least, you think? Hopefully everyone in the town is a regular human person.) As such, each night, you can choose to kill somebody using an old-fashioned conestoga wagon.

In addition, you are determined to get revenge upon those who have wronged you, and those who believed you could not throw a wagon. If you are ever yeeted, you can choose somebody to kill along with you. After the day ends, I will post a vote count and give everyone about 10 minutes to correct their vote if needed before I write up the day's results. During this time, post in the thread "@Mawile throw one last wagon at [Name]" in bold, replacing [Name] with the person you want to take with you.

(passive)
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Vigilante with a 1-shot Hunter ability, and you are passively immune to (passive).
Each night, you may choose to kill someone.
Each day, if you are yeeted, you may choose to take revenge and kill someone. To do this, post "@Mawile throw one last wagon at [Name]" in bold, replacing [Name] with the person you want to kill. (The @ makes sure that I see it, so don't forget it!)

You are passively immune to being lovers-ized, because you are so focused on building up strength to throw wagons to develop a love life.
Hello IndigoEmmy, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
BgF7uW5.png

You are the classic Cap'n Butterfree's Oops! All Doctors, a cereal first created in the original TVTropes Mafia.

It's uh. Kind of obvious what role you would get from this, just based on the image being Oops! All Doctors. But regardless of that, you have inherited the power of all of the doctors in that image, and are therefore a doctor. Every night, you can choose someone to heal.

In addition, you also inherited the secret killing abilities of the several mafia-aligned doctors present on that image, despite still being town-aligned. As such, once in the game, you may perform a kill that goes through almost any protective abilities also performed on that player. If you use this, you cannot perform any other abilities that night.

Because you are every doctor, you also have knowledge of poisons and how to cure them. As such, you are immune to being poisoned.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Town-aligned Doctor with a 1-shot Strongman ability, and you are passively immune to being poisoned.
Each night, you may choose to either heal somebody or strongman kill someone one time in the game.
Hello JackPK, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​

oh, i don’t think so. i’m not falling for the old “give a tcod person my bank information” trick again.

You clearly made this mistake at least once or twice, since this quote exists, but you've learned from your mistakes. No other tcod people will recieve your bank information ever again, and your money is all your own.

Because you have money, you managed to attend a basic medical class, and learned how to tend to wounds like a stab wound, and how to give CPR. Your work may not necessarily be the best, but you have more than enough money to pay for any additional medical charges that result from your questionable care. Every night, you can choose someone to heal.

Because you learned from your mistakes and kept your bank information private, you now have a ton of money, and can afford to leave a last will. This last will can be of any length and say anything. After you die, I will give you until the next phase change to write up a last will, and I will then post it at the start of the next day phase. You will not be added to graveyard chat until the deadline for you to write a last will is up.

In addition, because you have so much money, you can pay off any mafia recruiters who try to recruit you. As such, you are immune to mafia recruitment.

❝ --- ❞

In summary, you are a Town-aligned Doctor with a 1-shot Millionare ability, and you are passively immune to being recruited by the mafia.

Each night, you may choose to heal somebody. In addition, if you are killed at any time, then you can choose to write a last will that will be posted in-thread during the next day phase.

Hello Vipera Magnifica, and welcome to Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia! Your role is:​
If the point of the sacrifice is to raise their soul up to the sky as an offering to the gods

then we can just tie Mist to a baloon

You are determined to tie peoples' souls to balloons as an offering to the gods. However, that's kind of hard to do if people aren't dead. The gods here don't necessarily approve of outright murder, so you can't be a serial killer or anything. Instead, the best you can do is to choose someone to try and get yeeted each day, and each successful choice and yeet gets you some points with the gods.

Every night, you can choose a prediction for a specific person to get yeeted during the next day phase. If that person is then yeeted, then that counts as a correct prediction. By getting two correct predictions, your win condition will then be fulfilled. Whether or not you survive to the end of the game, if your win condition is fulfilled, then you will win along with the winning players.

Because this is a quest from the gods, the gods are willing to help you out a bit. The first time that you make a prediction and that person dies the same night, that person will automatically be revived right before the day phase begins. The gods don't want to help you out too much, though, so they'll only do it once.

The gods also refuse to let you go to a different alignment, so you're essentially cursed to be immune to any alignment changes.
❝ --- ❞
In summary, you are a Self-aligned Warlock with a 1-shot Targeted Reviver ability, and you are passively immune to alignment changes.
Each night, you may make a prediction of who will be yeeted the next day, and the first time that the person you targeted is killed, they will automatically be revived.
You win when you have made two correct guesses on who will be yeeted during the next day phase.

Retrospective:
why did I do this lol

Good game everyone!!

I especially have to give props to the mafia for making it to D5 with 2 redchecks on them and getting one of their own yeeted D1. For those not-mafia aligned, Keldeo was originally not allowed to perform the nightkill (unless he was the only one left) to try and balance things a bit, but I changed that on the day Butterfree was yeeted, since it was just adding artifical difficulty for poor koko and Keldeo lol.

The game was incredibly entertaining to watch, and I hope everyone had fun! I wanted to play with some less-used roles (Cannoneer, Fruit Vendor, Sensei, Warlock), since I thought they would add some "fun" to things. I debated to myself a lot during N0 about how to handle bus driving an inspection role, and that ultimately gave kyeugh the free redcheck on kokorico that night.

I have to give some props to RNP for calling my bluff about the passives just because I forgot to write his in. It was super entertaining to see everyone freaking out about the passives, though. Admittently, I wasn't lying about getting distracted and sending it off unfinished, though, but the fact that I did forget it was a good enough hint that they were all fake.

Also credit to Jack for coming up with the "Goose egg -> Egg as food" wikipedia page.

I don't know what else to put here so if you have questions about why, just ask.

(also @ everyone doubting that I would put 2 doctors in this: lmao)

Wahoo! Good game town - I believe almost every yeet or kill power ended up being aimed at non-town, that’s something.

Thanks and apologies to my mafia teammates, you deserved better ;; And of course thanks Mawile for hosting!

OH YEAH NIGHT ACTIONS:

Night 0 Actions:
Trebek swaps tbh^2 and kokorico
kokorico roleblocks RedneckPhoenix's main ability (does nothing, he used a 1-shot)
JackPK heals Seshas
Mafia stored their nightkill (+1)
Despicable Meme does nothing
RedneckPhoenix hypnotizes Despicable Meme into revealing their alignment
Butterfree quote cops RedneckPhoenix
kyeugh inspects tbh^2 (-> kokorico, gets koko's result)
Seshas gives a sandwich to Mist1422
storm tracks Despicable Meme (no action)
Mist1422 does nothing
Vipera Magnifica predicts Despicable Meme to be yeeted
Hydreigon25 sends a message to Mist1422: "Hi! as being this anonymous person i might be able to provide helpful info, however i would need to get to know you"
tbh^2 asks me "how many outgroup mafia-aligned slots are there?" (Answer: the Wikipedia article for the base page)

Night 0 Results:
Mafia gains +1 stored nightkill
Despicable Meme is required to post that they are town-aligned
Butterfree finds out that RedneckPhoenix's quote is the following:
my 'best friend' is an abomination of nature who is emblematic of the demented hell-religion i worship
kyeugh finds out that kokorico is mafia
storm sees that Despicable Meme didn't target anybody
Mistyx recieves a 6-inch Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sandwich on 9-Grain Wheat and an anonymous message (from Hydreigon). Mist chose to eat the sandwich, and learned that it was tasty
Vipera Magnifica does not get a point during D1
tbh^2 recieves the following article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_page

Night 1 Actions:
Trebek swaps tbh^2 and Hydreigon25
kokorico roleblocks kyeugh's main ability
JackPK heals tbh^2 (-> Hydreigon25)
Mafia (Butterfree) nightkills tbh^2 (-> Hydreigon25, but JackPK ended up healing Hydreigon25) and Trebek. Only Trebek dies
tbh^2 automatically 1-shot protects against Despicable Meme's vig kill
Despicable Meme vig kills Hydreigon25 (-> tbh^2, but tbh^2 is protected by their 1-shot bulletproof vest)
kyeugh inspects JackPK (but is roleblocked)
RedneckPhoenix does nothing
storm tracks Hydreigon25 (-> tbh^2, doesn't see anything)
Vipera Magnifica predicts Vipera Magnifica to be yeeted
Mist1422 1-shot recharges RedneckPhoenix's 1-shot ability (+1 use)
Hydreigon25 sends a message to Keldeo: "was Seshas was a good friend, so much so that you had an alliance?"
tbh^2 "how many distinct third-party wincons are there in the game?" (Answer: the Wikipedia article for the unary numeral system)

Night 1 Results:
Mafia kills Trebek
tbh^2's bulletproof vest (snowboard) is popped
storm sees that tbh^2 didn't target anybody
Vipera Magnifica asks me if he can predict himself to be yeeted, and if he can still perform predictions after dying (the answer to both is yes)
Vipera Magnifica gets a point during D2 (1 point total)
RedneckPhoenix gains a charge of his 1-shot Hypnotist ability
Keldeo recieves an anonymous message (from Hydreigon)
tbh^2 recieves the following article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unary_numeral_system

Night 2 Actions:
kokorico redirects Despicable Meme onto JackPK
JackPK heals kyeugh
Despicable Meme kills Hydreigon25 (-> JackPK)
Mafia (Butterfree) nightkills Despicable Meme
RedneckPhoenix tries to hypnotize JackPK (but fails, because it's hard to hypnotize a dead person)
kyeugh inspects Butterfree
storm tracks Keldeo
Mist1422 copies kyeugh's action also onto Butterfree (therefore inspecting her)
Vipera Magnifica predicts kokorico to get yeeted into the Hell Pit
Hydreigon25 modposts "Hydra is likely aligned with town"
tbh^2 asks "how many roles are there in this game that may result in inaccurate cop results, (e.g. framers/godfathers/non-regular sanity cop)?"

Night 2 Results:
Despicable Meme kills JackPK
Mafia kills Despicable Meme
RedneckPhoenix keeps his charge, since you can't hypnotize a dead person
kyeugh finds out that Butterfree is mafia
storm sees that Keldeo didn't target anybody
Mistyx also finds out that Butterfree is mafia
Vipera Magnifica does not get a point during D3 (1 point total)
Hydreigon25 nails a sign into the ground for me to add to the flavor text
tbh^2 recieves the following article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-dimensional_space

Night 3 Actions:
kokorico roleblocks kyeugh
Mafia (Keldeo) nightkills tbh^2
RedneckPhoenix hypnotizes Hydreigon25
kyeugh doesn't perform an action anyway, so she roleblocks herself by accident
storm tracks Keldeo
Mist1422 copies tbh^2's action onto herself
Vipera Magnifica predicts kokorico to get yeeted into the Hell Pit, again
Hydreigon25 sends a message to tbh^2: "What are your thoughts about the recent events, & 2 people claiming doctor ?"
tbh^2 asks "how many roles are there in this game that may result in inaccurate witness / inspection results, (e.g. framers/godfathers/non-regular sanity investigative roles)?"

Night 3 Results:
Mafia kills tbh^2 (Note: Keldeo is now allowed to perform nightkills for the sake of balance)
Hydreigon25 is required to post that they are town-aligned
storm sees that Keldeo targeted tbh^2
Vipera Magnifica gets a point during D4 (2 points total, win condition fulfilled)
tbh^2 recieves an anonymous message (from Hydreigon)
tbh^2 recieves the following article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose_egg
Mistyx also recieves the following article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose_egg

Night 4 Actions:
Mafia (Keldeo) nightkills kyeugh
kyeugh inspects IndigoEmmy
storm tracks kyeugh
Mist1422 copies kyeugh's action on IndigoEmmy
Vipera Magnifica predicts Keldeo to get yeeted into the Hell Pit

Night 4 Results:
Mafia kills kyeugh
kyeugh finds out that IndigoEmmy is not mafia
Mistyx also finds out that IndigoEmmy is not mafia
storm sees that kyeugh targeted IndigoEmmy
Vipera Magnifica gets a point during D5 (3 points total, win condition fulfilled)

idk if it's just that there's so much less pressure as town but this game was so fun! I feel I more hit my stride than in tarot where I was just. Stress

sorry for town that I had so many headaches, it's a shame the game coincided with a really unfortunately frequent period of them (including today... f)

thank you mawile for a really great game!

hydre that was entirely your own fault it was no goddamn beef

i've half a mind to report you for breaking the rules so many god damn times even past getting modkilled

get it together

I enjoyed the role flavours and just watching the game in general from graveyard. Mawile you're a great host and if you ever host again I'll join for sure :D I also really enjoyed watching VM get himself yeeted heh got everyone freaking out. gj town and bad luck maf :c but yay great game

Back
Top Bottom