• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

I haven't heard much about Platinum,but from what i have heard,its awesome and I shall get it!

I just preordered Platinum. Thank goodness. I was getting sick of waiting. Now to just wait for the day it actually comes out.

Apparently, there is a chance that Glacidia's Flower will only work on Shaymin given away for the movie. Either that, or they refuse to acknowledge ones gotten through the E4 surfing glitch.

Makes sense though if it is the former... Also easy to implement. Just make it only able to recognize Shaymin with the classic ribbon

Eevee, you should be fine. I know absolutely no Japanese and plan to finish it.

The only thing that's got me worried is that unlike when I played Diamond, I have no guide. I'm gonna have to use what I remember from DP. God help me if the series of events is changed drastically.

Also, I'm going to hate it if movie 11 Shaymin isn't easily available here. I want Sky Forme or whatever it's called.

Last edited:
Don't know if anybody did this yet, but...

OriginForme.png

I extracted the sprite from the screenshot www.serebii.net has. Didn't make it transparent though

Looks transparent on my comp. But thats because I'm currently using the Dewgong style...which is white.

They'd better bring in an item that lets a pokémon switch in without taking damage from Stealth Rock. I miss being able to use Moltres. :(

If there was some sort of translation guide out, yeah. I mean, I'm doing that for Mother 3 and I'm considerably far. But Mother 3 has this scary I WILL EAT YOU community that will do anything for it.

Go for it if you want and if you can read even a shred of Japanese, you'll have an advantage over me. I just memorize characters and look at the pictures. Weird t plus line and other characters is running bomb, duh. Pokemon has pictures too, which is good, and they tend to be the same.

tl;dr: Import it since you seem to know at least a little bit of Japanese and Pokemon is easy plus pictures.

Getting imports is for people like you who insist on having it and don't really get it. People like me, on the other hand, be the first on the American waiting list and fret about whether they'll get the stylus or not. > 3<

Shed Shell, maybe...?

Shed Shell has nothing to do with Stealth Rock. At all. Stealth Rock doesn't prevent switching, and Shed Shell's purpose is to work around things that, you know, prevent you from switching.

Is "Another Form" (screw the superfluous "e") the official name for Giratina's original form, or are people just calling it that because they don't know its actual name? I hope it's the latter, because that is... seriously a retarded name. It's like "Oh, well, here's Giratina's Origin Form, and, uh, oh yeah, another form lying around somewhere over here but no one really cares about it." And couldn't they at least call it "Normal Form", like Deoxys? Ugh. It's annoying.

Is "Another Form" (screw the superfluous "e") the official name for Giratina's original form, or are people just calling it that because they don't know its actual name? I hope it's the latter, because that is... seriously a retarded name. It's like "Oh, well, here's Giratina's Origin Form, and, uh, oh yeah, another form lying around somewhere over here but no one really cares about it." And couldn't they at least call it "Normal Form", like Deoxys? Ugh. It's annoying.

I am pretty sure that is just the name everybody is using until the proper name comes out. I could be wrong, though x.x

didn't read thread

Sup guys should I import Platinum and attempt to read it? That was my plan with Diamond but I ended up managing without reading a damn thing. This time I will know considerably more grammar, though, so maybe it'll go better. :(
Yeeeeeees.

I would.

Apparently, one may get to use a flashlight in the game...

...So, just NOW, when Flash is a TM, do they realize that a new key item would have served the purpose of flash WAY better? v.v Better late than never, I suppose

Back
Top Bottom