• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

GET FLITWICK. Then your team will match the Pokemon I used in my Japanese run-throughs of the game.

I was leaning more towards Axew because dragons.
Also I already have Scrafty and Ghost-types really aren't different enough from Dark-types to justify having both, imo. Very unlike me to pass up having a fire type, but oh well.

I'm in Nimbasa City now!! I can't wait to fight Elesa because she's awesome, and also because the gym sounds insane. Right now my team stands at:

Altair [Tranquill] lv. 26, m
Denebola [Servine] lv. 24, f
Madoka [Zorua] lv. 28, m
Vega [Musharna] lv. 25, m
Kitalpha [Blitzle] lv. 26, f
Sketch [Herdier] lv. 25, f

Still going with the star naming theme!

I want a Litwick and Joltik so, so much though, so it's likely that as soon as Kitalpha and maybe Madoka evolve, I'll think about replacing them. I also want an Axew though. ;; Choices.

Let me tell you though that Blitzle are absolutely pathetic. Damnit, Talph. But I love 'Bola and Sketch a lot. :3

I'm thinking of doing a nuzlocke for my first run. I am so addicted to those things.

Oh god, if I were doing a Nuzlocke run, I'd've been so, so dead by now. And I've been training loads. By all means, go for it - you're a braver man than I - but it's so, so much harder when you have no idea what move X does, what type Pokemon Y is, or when your rivals suddenly jump you (and they do so a lot).

Let me tell you though that Blitzle are absolutely pathetic. Damnit, Talph. But I love 'Bola and Sketch a lot. :3

Eeeeh, I'm on the fence about Zebstrika - they're a bit more powerful, but still lacking for any truly crushing moves. And I do like having a zebra that can set itself on fire and run at things, even if the damage isn't impressive.

Started with an Oshawott, managed to get a female, named her Lyndis, in Striaton, all is cool.

Oh god, if I were doing a Nuzlocke run, I'd've been so, so dead by now. And I've been training loads. By all means, go for it - you're a braver man than I - but it's so, so much harder when you have no idea what move X does, what type Pokemon Y is, or when your rivals suddenly jump you (and they do so a lot).

I love a challenge. And by the way, I'm probably going to lose, because out of like the 30+ nuzlockes I've done at this point, I've only won two. I'm looking forward to it, though.

I have a zebstrika on my team; it is rather disappointing that her move variety is so low, but wild charge and flame charge, along with a normal move of your choice, can actually get the job done on most occasions. She'd probably be loads better if she had double kick, but that's an egg move, so. (If you're having trouble using blitzle, try giving it the eviolite item to hold. That's what helped mine hang on long enough to evolve, and after that... well, zebstrika is no tank, but she could actually take a hit most of the time.)

I ended up getting rid of my unfeazant post-E4, though, because oh god Game Freak what were you thinking giving it all those special moves and steel wing isn't a TM anymore and it's a usable pokémon and all but :( fail. I have a hydreigon now, and I'm enjoying her rather a lot more.

I am soooooooo tempted to go into my mom's room and poke her until she wakes up and takes me to Gamestop #_#

Got my Oshawott into a Dewott, in Castelia gym. Doing well so far--going to catch a Scraggy in the desert after this.

ALSO, HARLEQUIN JACK. PLEASE TELL ME ONE OF YOU GETS IT.

yes.
YES.
Totally worth the wait.

The PC does the Zelda-style hold-the-item-over-your-head thing and oh my god they /named the gym guy/ and aaaa <3

The names Blair. Just... Blair. Sometimes I wonder if my mother thought I was a girl when I was born. I've just turned 14 today, and the Professor's said that she's going to give me and my best friends Cheren and Bianca some "very, very important Pokémon". Huh.

(OOC: They changed the text for the seasons. It's so ugly now...)

Bianca came in late as usual, but that's Bianca for you. Heard she had a younger cousin in Poképan that acts just like her. Family resemblance is uncanny sometimes.

I opened the box (finally) and chose the Oshawott. I always did find them sorta cute.

And Cheren would want a Snivy. It fits his personality.

Bianca thought that it would be a great idea to have a Pokémon battle in my room. They are week though, what's the worst that could happen? I mean, I was already kicking her butt.

...As it turned out it could do a lot of damage to my room. Well, most people go out after getting Pokémon, so I figure I'm safe from Mom's wrath. Bianca managed to convince Cheren to battle me, so here it goes.

This one was a lot closer, but I managed to beat Cheren too.

...I love those two, but they shouldn't have told my mom about my room! Thankfully, Mom didn't make me clean up, but still! The nerve!

(OOC: Really, Cheren and Bianca are funny as hell. I also like what they changed that girl who switches the kana and kanji's dialogue to.)

Bianca's father scared my right there. I've never seen him so mad in my life! Bianca made me promise I wouldn't tell him that she's sneaking out to go on an adventure. I won't, but I wonder if he's right. Bianca's very scatter-brained.

I heard Oshawott and their line influenced the samurai, so I came up with the very creative name of Shellgun. Cheren said that it wasn't creative at all, but he didn't even name his Snivy.

The Professor gave me a Pokédex, so that I could record the Pokémon of the region for her. I already have Pokémon that I want tough, and I only want them. I'm sure that Cheren and Bianca will pick up the slack, though.

Bianca's so sentimental at times, asking for us to take the first step at the same time. But... It's kinda nice. This adventure will change us in way we don't know now. So maybe we should say goodbye to our town together.

Professor Juniper taught us about catching Pokémon. Will it really be as easy as just tossing one Poké Ball, though? She gave us some Poké Balls of our own, but I have a feeling it won't be enough for me.

Cheren and Bianca went up ahead of me. Now it's really time for me to begin.

...When I was eight, I saw on TV about a guy named "Red" who beat the Kanto Elite 4 and beat a criminal organization called "Team Rocket" or something like that. Other than teaching me that there is someone else out there with a more ridiculous name than I have, it gave me a dream. I wanna do something as great as that. I don't know if it is possible, but I still want it. The problem is, I don't know what "it" is.

Cheren and Bianca teased me for not having a second Pokémon, but I don't want one of those puppies or cats.

Then the professor called and asked for us to meet her at the Pokémon Center. Even though Shellgun wasn't tired, I healed him anyway for her sake. It's silly that she wouldn't tell us who made the PC system though. What's she got to hide?

I bought some Potions, figuring that they would help me in the long run.

But then the weirdest thing happened. These creeps in knight uniforms had taken over the square with this strangely dressed man with a fake eye. He introduced himself as Gehtis, one of the sages of Team Plasma. I had to snicker; they were both silly names. But then he said that Pokémon should be liberated from their Trainers.

I'd never thought of something like that! But Shellgun seemed so happy with me...

Then this strange fast talking (and not good looking at all, I told myself) named N said that he could hear Shellgun talking. But I'd never heard him say anything other than "Osha-Oshawott!", and this time was no different. He also said it was wrong to capture Pokémon in Poké Balls, but he had a Purrloin! Wasn't that a wee bit hypercritical? He said Pokémon are his friends, but he's so weird.

Cheren went on ahead of me to challenge the next town's Gym Leader. He said that's the way to get stronger. I guess that if I want to find out what that great thing is, I better get stranger too.

It's the first time I'll be without my best friends always by my side, but it's not that scary. Rather, it's exciting.

And I know that whatever "it" is, "it" is great.

(OOC: I don't know how long I can keep this up, but I'll try, with some of my own words here and there in these OOC brackets.)

EDIT:Mom showed up to give me some Running Shoes she found while cleaning my room. I had been wondering where they went to. Maybe I should clean my room more often.

Bianca suddenly came up behind me when I was about to exit Route 2. Even with two Pokémon, she was easy to beat. Probably helps that Shellgun had an advantage over her Tepig, though.

Some man in sunglasses told me that the Gym Leader was in the Trainer School. I rushed over there, only to find Cheren, as usual, slaving over the blackboard. He challenged me, but this time was different.

It was an absolute miracle that I won, because his Snivy kept pelting Shellgun with Grass attacks. I didn't see the Gym Leader there, but when I went back, this green-haired man was standing in front of the Gym. He introduced himself as the Gym Leader Cilan and went inside. My heart pounding, I followed him.

The few Trainers in there were easy, and I felt sure of my ability to beat the Gym Leader. Or Gym Leaders, as it turned out. Cilan owned the Gym with his brothers Cress and Chili. But Cilan was the one I battled.

(OOC: Cilan is so cute when he's awkward. =3)

At first, it was fine, as I had beaten tons of Lillipup on my way. But then he pulled out his Pansage and Shellgun was out before I could even call his name. I knew then that I couldn't just rely on Shellgun. I needed help, even if it was temporary help.

I had heard that there was something "interesting" in the Dreamyard, and there was a girl gave me her Pansear, which I named Flare.

This time I won, even though it was barely. I know why that girl was so eager to to give it away, as it wasn't that good. But it won this battle for me and I know that every Pokémon has potential. Maybe one day I won't use Flare, but now he is a valuable member of my team.

The Professor's friend Fennel showed up after my battle and dragged me up to her apartment. She sent me out to the Dreamyard to collect the Dream Mist that Munna let off. She gave me a HM for Cut that would let me cut down trees in my way.

I taught Cut to Flare and cut down the tree when Bianca showed up, telling me that she had been told to find the Pokémon too. It always felt nice when I had a friend on my side, even one as scatter-brained as Bianca. We entered the factory and saw the Munna.

But when we approached it, suddenly two Plasma grunts popped out of nowhere and demanded that the Munna give them Dream Mist. And do you now what they did? They kicked the poor thing! And they claim to be supporting Pokémon.

Bianca and I had to fight them, but the grunts charged at me. I beat them easily, but they wouldn't go away.

That's when Gehtis appeared... Twice. And then joined together. He threatened the grunts and they ran off.

But after they were gone, a Musharna appeared. Was it the cause of all of this? Fennel ran up to us, and the Musharna and the Munna went off together. Fennel found some Dream Mist where they were. It was trippy, but at least we finished.

After I went back to Fennel's place she told me that she had finished the invention that she was working on! Or at least, it would be finished at the end of the month. She gave me the C-gear, and while I don't quite understand what it is for, it makes a really nice watch.

Last edited:

Just got the game a couple hours ago. Don't really have much of a team right now (Snivy, Patrat, Lillipup) since I just started.

But, as for my opinion of the game?

IT'S AWESOME, ASDFGHJKL. :D

It's been pre-ordered but since my parents decided "HEY WE'RE GOING TO FLORIDA UNTIL MONDAY EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A SOLO AND THE POKEMON GAMES ARE COMING OUT" we can't get it until tomorrow D:

It's been pre-ordered but since my parents decided "HEY WE'RE GOING TO FLORIDA UNTIL MONDAY EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A SOLO AND THE POKEMON GAMES ARE COMING OUT" we can't get it until tomorrow D:

I have a similar story. I also pre-ordered, but my parents decided "OH INSTEAD OF TAKING YOU TO GAMESTOP, WE ARE GOING TO GO SHOPPING FOR HOURS AND GET IT ON THE WAY BACK" >:U

I've got about two and a half hours logged so far; I'm in Nacrene City with Thanatos the Servine and Dasani the Panpour.

Awesome game is awesome c: can't wait to get to Castelia.

Edit: wtf I have a hardy nature???
Edit2: Oh, you can change it. Quirky it is!

I haven't any idea if this has been mentioned yet.

BLACK AND WHITE ARE WPA COMPATIBLE. YEEESSSS!

Back
Top Bottom