• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Mafia: Arceus - Game Thread

i do think non town herbe is still plausible (eifie did not mention that)

but jack is essentially confirmed as such, and this should effectively illustrate that

~w

see i'm more inclined to believe jack if only because jack's claimed character is actually related to the game

do you actually think i'm that non functional as mafia that this is ai

...sorry someone yell at me to shut up before i actually tilt

just

weh

~w

basically
jack is claiming to have the same pokemon as zero moment
last time someone claimed to have the same pokemon as another card, they were mafia

we are anabel. anabel is not in the game. emmet is not in the game. anabel is related to the game inasmuch as being a sinnoh secret police operative that could have a reason to investigate time rifts. emmet is confirmed to be a rolecord. this isn't a "blame qenya" moment because the evidence is there to show that characters that never appear in PLA have roles in this game

i respect whatever decision you come to, i just want to acknowledge that there is clear precedent in this thread for both 1. jack's claim overlap indicating a lie and 2. our claimed character not necessarily indicating a lie

basically
jack is claiming to have the same pokemon as zero moment
last time someone claimed to have the same pokemon as another card, they were mafia

we are anabel. anabel is not in the game. emmet is not in the game. anabel is related to the game inasmuch as being a sinnoh secret police operative that could have a reason to investigate time rifts. emmet is confirmed to be a rolecord. this isn't a "blame qenya" moment because the evidence is there to show that characters that never appear in PLA have roles in this game

i respect whatever decision you come to, i just want to acknowledge that there is clear precedent in this thread for both 1. jack's claim overlap indicating a lie and 2. our claimed character not necessarily indicating a lie
~nya

have you played pla? this isn't, like, this isn't a dig, i'm just genuinely curious

ingo is in PLA. emmet is ingo's twin brother. ingo talks about emmet in the game, but can't remember him exactly or his name

it's extremely common in fics or comics or whatever to have emmet and ingo back as a duo. usually volo is there too and dating emmet fsr i don't get the ship personally

also in canon the player character /caught/ those bidoof for the person who's name i forgot.

i havent played pla

anabel is definitely up there in one of the most fanficable characters of the pokemon universe
emmet is only pla fanficable because ingo is there

outing qenya as writing anabel fanfic-lite with the existence of our rolecard

~nya

p.s. I also will note that jack claimed to be holding palina before anybody else claimed cards, confirming for sure that at least he was holding a pearl card in his hand. imo this is nail-in-the-coffin for our slot's perspective so idc enough to do the math on that, you can evaluate it for yourself

also also it doesn't even matter bc i genuinely believe herbe is town bc i know for a fact herbe doesn't have a switch and hasn't played pla but herbe also accurately described a character from pla, and with this herbetruthtelling, i believe herbe should be telling the truth about blocking jack tonight anyways

rather

why would the bidoof exist as both players' pokemon

that seems paradoxical, and not in the way that this plot is built on

~w

also in canon the player character /caught/ those bidoof for the person who's name i forgot.
so why would they both exist at the same time

~w
one would think that jack would have already lost his bidoof by the time zm has died, if he had truly caught it to give to zm
however, jack is claiming to still own a bidoof. since we know for certain that the bidoof was not in jack's care 48 hours ago due to the flavor text surrounding zm's death, we know he was not in constant custody of the bidoof. there are two conclusions:

1. he is lying about his custody of the bidoof
2. he is a negligent pokemon trainer

pick your poison

~nya

tldr we both think
1. the wolf is objectively likely jack for mechanical reasons we've reiterated many times
2. the wolf is objectively likely jack for social reasons ive laid out at least once
3. we feel like we're pretty objectively unlikely to be aligned with haneko for reasons we've laid out before

if you chose to dismiss our points out of hand then there's not much we can do about it besides move on to the next game
if you deliberated on them and decided that you disagree then i guess itd be nice to say that so we have talking points on convincing you but the bottom line is that the flips will tell
unless you engage with the points we've laid out further i think we're just at an impasse

i just want you to know for postgame when we flip villa that the information was there and the game wasn't unsolvable and didn't just come down to a "blame qenya" moment

~nya

the first tutorial pokemon you're forced to catch is a bidoof

how the builder corps quest works is you need to have a bidoof at the front of your party to calm the other three bidoof down enough so you may catch them such that builder corps person can have the 3 others while you keep the first

so the pc, in this canon, would be required to have at least had a bidoof at one point

also there's literally infinite bidoof in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom