• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Mafia: Arceus - Game Thread

The day has ended. Please let me know asap if this votecount is inaccurate.

Elimination votes:

Butterfree - haneko (#104)
RedneckPhoenix - M&F (#126), JackPK (#138)
M&F - lolfoxes (#151), Herbe (#152), RedneckPhoenix (#157)

Conspiracy votes:
Conspiracy - Herbe (#41), Jack (#43), Butterfree (#57), Zero Moment (#65), RedneckPhoenix (#66), haneko (#105)
No conspiracy - lolfoxes (#58)

oh goddammit I just barely missed EoD

... as well as something significant clearly. oh well; discussion is over regardless, so, my peace on anything significant is hold

Night 1

mpv-shot0004.jpg

Though there is as yet no evidence that anyone has been harmed, the mysterious note weighs heavily on the townsfolk's minds. Convinced there is some threat to the village, they argue amongst themselves about what's to be done, the debate becoming more rancorous as the day draws on. Eventually they reason that even if they can't find anything directly suspicious about any among their number, executing someone arbitrary might at least reveal something interesting about where everyone else's loyalties lie.

The decision made, the village's skilled clothier Anthe is seized by both wrists and dragged out from their midst to a gallows, hastily whittled from solid oak by several Bidoof under the watchful eye of the Construction Corps. She begs for mercy, and when that bears no fruit, falls silent, her horror written on her face.

After the deed is done, her dwelling is searched for clues. To nobody's very great surprise, nothing out of the ordinary is found. The villagers shuffle off to their own homes, not meeting each other's gazes. Everyone sleeps poorly that night, and not just because of the unnatural thunderstorm that seems to blow in out of clear skies.

M&F is dead. She was a Villager.

Zero Moment correctly identified the conspiracy against him. His vote will count twice in the next Day phase.

Night 1 has begun. Please send in your night actions. It will end on 2022-09-07 at 23:00 UTC.

Day 1

story_region_1.jpg

A bright summer's morning dawns, a faint pleasant breeze blowing gently down Floaro Main Street. Against all odds, the world is much the same as the people of Hisui left it the day before. In fact... it's exactly the same. It takes a little while for everyone to realise, and of course nobody can explain it, but it's undeniable: the whole village has been restored to its condition at the start of the previous day. Even the hastily constructed gallows of yesterday is nowhere to be seen, although the constant shameful reminder still looms large in the villagers' minds. A quick furtive check reveals that Anthe is still dead, but nobody else appears to be missing.

The handwritten notice on the wall of the living quarters is still there, too. Despite its rough treatment the day before as everyone passed it around, poring over it for hidden clues, it's once again in perfect, unspoiled condition.
While you are alive, at the beginning of each day phase, a random living player will be selected, and all other living players will be privately informed that they are conspiring against that player. If you are selected, instead only you will be informed that there is no conspiracy that day.

During the day, all living players may vote on whether or not they believe there is a conspiracy, in addition to the ordinary elimination poll. If there is a conspiracy and the target of the conspiracy correctly identifies this, they will be granted 1 extra elimination vote during the next day phase. If there is not a conspiracy and a majority of living players correctly identify this, then each player who guessed correctly will be granted 1 extra elimination vote during the next day phase. You do not have a conspiracy vote (although you may pretend that you do and it will be included in vote totals).

If nobody gains an extra vote as a result of this minigame, you may target a player during the following night. That player dies.

This role PM, excluding your alignment and identity, will be published to the thread at the beginning of each day you are alive to clarify these mechanics.

Nobody has died.

Day 1 has begun. 48 hours for discussion. Voting will end on 2022-09-09 (Friday) at 23:00 UTC.

well, three things

1) day 1 again? huh? judging by the blurb this seems intentional rather than an error (can you confirm, kate?) so I guess someone's role has something to do with repeating a day or stopping days from incrementing or something? which would be pretty pointless unless one or more folks had roles with stipulations that only work on certain days, so I guess somebody(bodies) have that?

2) no death is good but surprising considering the number of factions there apparently are... maybe this is a sign that hopefully some of the factions didn't get picked by anyone so we're really hopefully dealing with just town vs. one faction (and maybe 3rd parties)?

3) mmmm I didn't say anything yesterday as people piled onto M&F because I didn't have a strong enough gut feeling to go out on a limb and defend her, but I do think that flip very much makes lolfoxes look bad considering they a) started the wagon out of nowhere and b) cited only "gut" and nothing else

oh. four things

there is a conspiracy against RNP

Fascinating, wondering if whatever is causing the day to repeat is also why we had no death? Like, no actions actually took place in the night...?

Apologies for not being around yesterDay, I had a bad headache for the first half of the day that left me writing up cursory thoughts like "I will look at all this properly later" and then by the time I'd recovered had thoroughly forgotten this game was a thing until like an hour after EoD

I need to reread what happened yesterday better, off what I caught up on when I remembered the game I wasn't a fan of haneko pushing me on the basis of me somehow being likelier to be non-town because I'd discarded a third party(??) and then admitting later that this logic applies equally to everyone else but brushing it off in a very weird way that didn't really acknowledge that this invalidated the supposed reasoning for her vote? Like, if someone points out your vote is based on false premises you don't just go "yeah, I know" and move on, you'd at least go "Right, yeah, but Butterfree's been weirdly inactive, I'm sticking with my vote" or whatever? I don't even know if it's an antitown kind of weirdness but it was definitely weird.

But yeah, I do need to read the vote progression again.

There is a conspiracy

there is no conspiracy

y'all should probably reread the conspiracy post

~w

3) mmmm I didn't say anything yesterday as people piled onto M&F because I didn't have a strong enough gut feeling to go out on a limb and defend her, but I do think that flip very much makes lolfoxes look bad considering they a) started the wagon out of nowhere and b) cited only "gut" and nothing else
if you want something more substantial than gut this sets off my radar as a sort of looking for someone to blame, maybe cause of the excuse provided

~w

Fascinating, wondering if whatever is causing the day to repeat is also why we had no death? Like, no actions actually took place in the night...?
i wouldn't have thought of this!! this is a good point

however Also, I roleblocked haneko last night. So after roleblockage and seeing that there's no deaths I feel comfy voting haneko for now. the thing you said could potentially be at play but it could also just be different things going on and since i have no reason to believe the roleblock didn't go through, i might have stopped the kill? also i guess rnp didn't jailkill me like i thought he would

so funny story i totally made up the jailkill thing and i'm actually a cop and butterfree flipped red

(they could be diamond, pearl, or 3p with said redcheck, but the check was Red)

a redcheck is always valuable so I'll vote Butterfree based on giving the benefit of the doubt that RNP is not lying, but I do want to hear two things -- 1) Butterfree, what's your response to this? and 2) RNP, if you're cop why would you fakeclaim something like jailkill that scum would presumably think is dangerous and want to quickly eliminate? wouldn't that have drawn unnecessary risk?

if you want something more substantial than gut this sets off my radar as a sort of looking for someone to blame, maybe cause of the excuse provided

~w
I mean, we're trying to find scum, we gotta throw every spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks and what doesn't. not really interested in pursuing this now that we have a lead with a way more substantial chance of finding scum. but yeah, I'm just curious about the timing and the reasoning considering that from my perspective, M&F was vaguely seeming solvier than most others in the thread. did your gut just make you feel like she was trying falsely to look solvey to lead us in the wrong direction or something...? anyway, again, I'm now more interested in the Butterfree/RNP lead, so no need for us to go in-depth into this toDay

my reasoning as always is circuitous

see if you're scum and you see rnp with a role that has a chance to kill someone, you know he's prolly gonna use it every night and rack up a body count, mostly on the town side. yoh might even roleblock the guy if you're scared of him targetting your team, which would reveal to rnp the presence of a scum roleblocker

if you're town, you just steer clear of whatever the fuck rnp is doing and treat him more like an obstacle than a player in the game

"rnp isn't the likelihood of multiple roleblockers in a 7 player game extremely slim" consider this: 21 rolecards

Back
Top Bottom