• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon RéBURST (Big Image Warning)

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Pokémon RéBURST (Big Image Warning)

So a little while ago I was wondering what I might do to keep my Chinese from going totally to crap while I'm not either in China or taking classes. Because it's most natural for me to bolt anything I want to practice onto something pokémon-related, I thought, why not

In the end I picked Pokémon ReBURST on the grounds that a) I could actually find scans in Chinese, b) I could not find complete scans in English (on the first page of my lazy Googling), and c) the main character has the best hat in all of manga ever:

391px-R%C3%A9BURST_Volume_1.png

Seriously, how can you resist those ear flaps? That's right, you can't. You can't.

To give a brief and relatively non-spoilery summary for people not familiar with the series, the manga centers around Ryouga, a young man who's just leaving on his pokémon journey. He's going in search of Arcades, a mysterious figure who has some connection to his father, who hasn't been heard from for several years. Along the way, he teams up with Miruto, a young woman who investigates criminal organizations that target pokémon, to challenge a mysterious group that harnesses the power of pokémon in disturbing new ways. Oh, and some people in this region are able to combine their powers with those of pokémon to become pokémon-human hybrids through a technique called "bursting." There's that too, I suppose.

In any case, I figured I'd put complete chapters up on my site once I finish with them, but in the meantime I thought it would be fun to post the pages as I go, like a running comic. So, I should have about one page for you every Tuesday/Thursday. I'll keep an index of what I've done in the second post; alternatively you can see all the pages I've posted in my Photobucket album. And, if you're interested and/or would love to see all the gaffes I'm making as I'm trying to translate these, here is the source (in Chinese, duh) I'm using for the images.

I'm still getting the hang of typesetting and convincing image editors to do what I actually want, so I apologize for presentational crappiness at the outset. It should improve! And if there's anything about it you hate with a passion, let me know; I'll probably try to fix it. That said, I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon ReBURST (Big Image Warning)

I saw this like a few weeks ago online, 'cause my friend told me about it.

I think it's pretty awesome, though
it's slightly annoying that Ryouga always attempts something when someone says it's impossible. I can see why he would, though personally, I think it's just slightly annoying.

Re: Pokémon RéBURST (Big Image Warning)

asdsfdsa please continue posting this. I read about this manga awhile ago and I really wanted to read it, but I couldn't find any English scans. Now I can actually read this! Thank you for that.

Minor tip: I think the font most people use for this sort of thing is Wild Words, which you might have to buy if you don't have...sources.

Good luck translating!

Minor tip: I think the font most people use for this sort of thing is Wild Words, which you might have to buy if you don't have...sources.

Good luck translating!
Yeeeah, this font choice was kind of a last-minute thing; I'm planning to switch to something less terrible for the next chapter, but haven't really looked into it yet. Am disappoint that the standard font is proprietary, though. <<

Yeeeah, this font choice was kind of a last-minute thing; I'm planning to switch to something less terrible for the next chapter, but haven't really looked into it yet. Am disappoint that the standard font is proprietary, though. <<

I think Anime Ace (this one is free) is relatively close, but it's just not the same... Although Wild Words is easily obtainable if you don't object to those sorts of things.

I think Anime Ace (this one is free) is relatively close, but it's just not the same... Although Wild Words is easily obtainable if you don't object to those sorts of things.
Thanks for the tip. I'll see what I can dig up. It's been a while since I read a manga in English that wasn't a scanlation--do all the publishers use the same font for their official productions as well?

This late update brought to you by all the server fail, all of it.

Page 6

9.png

Thanks for the tip. I'll see what I can dig up. It's been a while since I read a manga in English that wasn't a scanlation--do all the publishers use the same font for their official productions as well?

I'm not sure what publishers actually use, but Wild Words looks about right... Anyhow, all I know is that anonscanlations, who does fan translations of Pokemon Special, uses Wild Words for their font.

EDIT: Link fixed.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what publishers actually use, but Wild Words looks about right... Anyhow, all I know is that [url="http://anonscanlations.blogspot.com/
]anonscanlations[/url], who does fan translations of Pokemon Special, uses Wild Words for their font.

also kazumi magica!

... also blah your link unworks

Back
Top Bottom