• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

warg. I keep forgetting that xP Silly self.

Here we go (addition in bold):

[Kate] Glameow (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
Signature Move: Glamour Shot
Glameow are known to hypnotize enemies with their large enchanting eyes, and Kate has perfected this ability. She looks her foe in the eyes, and sends them a mental signal that convinces them that they are the most beautiful creature in existence. If the suggestion is successful, the foe is completely in love with themselves, and will take every opportunity to groom, preen, strut, or just stare in awe at their own refection. This may cause them to ignore orders. The move will fail if the foe has no eyes, or cannot see due to darkness or other obstructions. It will also fail if the foe’s ability is Oblivious.

Psychic / 90% Accuracy / -- Damage /Energy: 5%/ Other / Effect: causes the foe to become attracted to themselves / Usage Gap: 2 rounds for the end of effects

Looks good to me. Approved.

[Ein]Ralts(Male): Sychro
[Serene]Ralts(Female): Sychro
[StarLight]Eevee(Female): Adaptability

Me no good at this but this I think is it.

Question: Where do the pokemon recovered from the Grand Festival go initially; active squad or PC?

Making my first purchase.

[None]Torchic(Male)
Ability: Blaze
Body mod: None
Move Mod: None

[None]Ralts(Male)
Ability: Synchronize

[None]Swablu(Female)
Ability: Natural Cure

Bank Link

Last edited:

Okay, here it is again, edited:

[None]Torchic(Male)

[None]Ralts(Male)

[None]Swablu(Female)

Bank Link

For 09, I'd like to buy:

[Syrup] Grimer (M)
Ability: Sticky Hold

[Up] Drifloon (F)
Ability: Aftermath

[Down] Skorupi (M)
Ability: Poison Point

That'll be $35.

It's free to change a Pokemon's name, right? So, I could just say I'm getting a name change for this Pokemon?

And another question, for future reference. If say, I had a Salamence, making it completely black and giving it feathered wings wouldn't change the way it battled, and so wouldn't count as a body mod, right?

Just clarifying a few things.

Dragon: Er, well, I'm not sure about the feathers; one would assume, for example, that they'd be more flammable than regular scaly wings. I don't know. Just coloring it black certainly isn't a problem. And you don't need to post for approval for a name; you can rename it whenever you want without permission. Just go into your profile and change it.

Okay, here it is again, edited:

[None]Torchic(Male)

[None]Ralts(Male)

[None]Swablu(Female)

Bank Link

Approved.

For 09, I'd like to buy:

[Syrup] Grimer (M)
Ability: Sticky Hold

[Up] Drifloon (F)

[Down] Skorupi (M)

That'll be $35.

Approved.

Dragon

Feathers are a no without a body mod, sorry; as Kratos said, though, the color change is fine. Also, dredging this up from way back:

Because Whirlwind isn't an attack, and doesn't do any damage. I'll fix it again...

[Valour] Spraylet (Female)
Ability: Torrent
Signature Move: Featherstorm

Valour, living out on the ocean, has run into a few tropical storms, but one day, she encountered a hurricane. Valour was flying home after traveling over the ocean, and saw a dark cloud in the distance. It seemed like a regular rain storm, but even rainstorms could be dangerous over the sea. Valour flew faster, to get back to her home in time, but she ran into the storm. It was even worse than she thought, it was a hurricane. She tried to keep together, and felt like her wings were about to be ripped apart. Valour nearly fainted, but luckily, she got to the eye of the storm. Being battered and completely worn out, Valour found the eye of the hurricane to be the most relaxing and calm place she had ever seen. It was like taking crack, and Valour was addicted. Soon, the hurricane passed and Valour recovered. She wanted to experience the eye of a hurricane again, and as soon as rumours of another one started, she went after it. Valour was nearly torn apart again, and just barely made it to the eye of the hurricane. She wearily waited the rest of the storm out there.

After recovering, Valour washed up on the beach close to a nearby town, and was caught by Dragon. She experimented with the idea of hurricanes, and came up with an attack that used the same idea of a hurricane. She ended up with the attack she calls Featherstorm.

Featherstorm is a two turn attack, that can be directed at up to two separate (or not) targets. It’s strongest if directed at just one target. When Valour uses Featherstorm, her wings glow a barely visible light blue, and feathers shoot from them like bullets. Vicious winds whip around her, and Valour floats a few feet off the ground. She’s high enough to dodge Ground attacks.

When Valour is done using Featherstorm, she is tired, and can’t fly for another two rounds, after using up her feathers. Valour can use Featherstorm up to twice a battle.

Type: Flying/ Special / 10% / 95% / Up to two targets / 10% Energy / Lasts three actions
Effects: While Valour is using Featherstorm, she can’t do anything else, and is instantly KO’d by electric attacks in this time. Physical attacks do less damage, the wind whipping around Valour knocks the attacker back slightly, and do minor damage (1-2%). Pokemon under 45 lbs. will get blown back, all other Pokemon over the weight limit have their attacks' damage reduced by 1%. When Valour is finished using Featherstorm, she can’t fly for another two rounds, while she recovers.
Usage Gap: Five rounds, twice a battle.

[Valour] Spraylet (Female)
Ability: Torrent
Signature Attribute: Hurricane Chaser

Valour, being an ocean bird, has lived most of her life at sea, or around the sea. One night, when she tried to fly back over the ocean, a storm hit. But this storm was even stronger than the normal sea storms, this was a hurricane. Valour tried to fly back to land, or find a piece of drift wood, but to no luck. She did her best to keep alive in the hurricane, and eventually came to the eye of the storm. Valour was tired and wounded, and so found this to be the calmest and most enjoyable thing in her life, and waited the rest of the storm out in the eye. When the hurricane passed, Valour wanted to see the eye of a hurricane again and idiotically went after another hurricane. She was nearly torn apart in the winds, and just made it to the eye of the storm.

After just barely surviving these two hurricanes, Valour recovered and found she had a higher stamina for flying, most likely from braving the storms. She avoids hurricanes now, and tries to see the world with Dragon, her Trainer.

She is 5% more likely to get confused, because she gets dizzy easily.

Effects: Valour has a 1% increase in resistance to flying type attacks, and uses 1% less energy for flying and flying type attacks. She is 2% weaker to Razor Wind, Gust and Twister and gets confused by Confusion inducing moves 5% more easily.

Somewhat better?
On the signature move--holy crap, I didn't realize it was supposed to do 10% damage before. Is that all at once, or distributed over the three actions, or per action? Reduce damage to 5%, anyway, especially if it's going to strike multiple targets. Still no explanation of the electric OHKO that I can see. How much are physical attacks reduced in power?

For the body mod, I would really like to see some explanation of how liking to chase hurricanes makes Valour more susceptible to dizziness.

Aw, that means I would have to find a way to explain why it has them... >_< And you seem to already know I suck at explanations. I'm giving up on the sig. stuff for now, and coming up with better ones. Erck.

Double sig attributes:

[Up] Drifloon (Female)
Sig Attribute: Equalizer
Up was a bit of the reckless type, always playful enough to stray from the beaten path and get herself into danger. She once even got lost in the desert. Then, everything changed when a Skorupi found her. He stabbed her in the leg and was going to have her for lunch, when Up suddenly took off in an effort to get free. The Skorupi was immensely interested in this "flying", and tried latching on to Up in order to fly. Up, weighing nothing compared to the Skorupi, only succeded in dragging him out of his burrow, where the terrified scorpion turned tail and fled. Up refused to tolerate that sort of "cowardly business", and began to teach the Skorupi how to get out in the wild on its own. Up learned from the Skorupi as well about how to conceal her recklessness (see Down's sig attribute for more info). Then they both got caught by the League and here they are.

Effects:
Up and Down bring out the best in each other. Whenever Down is on the field, Up gains a +1 stage boost to defense (included in her normal +6 maximum and -6 minimum), and gains the ability Battle Armor in addition to Aftermath. However, she has a 10% chance of simply hiding for an action because of the timidity Down instilled in her.

[Down] Skorupi (Male)
Down was a shy Skorupi by nature, only preying on the kills foolish enough to stumble straight into his nest. One such kill was an idiotic Drifloon, moving straight towards the nest without a care in the world. Down stabbed his poison pincer straight through her paper-thin legs, before the Drifloon shocked Down by jumping...and staying in the air. Down was enthralled by this, and was rushed outside by the Drifloon, where he promptly fled back in. He thought that the Drifloon was being "pompus and overconfident", and so began teaching her how to guard herself. He learned a bit as well (see Up's sig attribute for her spin on the story). Then they both got caught by the League and here they are.

Effects: Up and Down bring out the best in each other. Whenever Up is on the field, Down gains a +1 stage boost to Attack (part of the +6 maximum and -6 minimum) and gains the ability Guts in addition to Poison Point. However, his base accuracy is reduced by 10% because of the recklessness Up instilled in him.

Double sig attributes:

[Up] Drifloon (Female)
Up was a bit of the reckless type, always playful enough to stray from the beaten path and get herself into danger. She once even got lost in the desert. Then, everything changed when a Skorupi found her. He stabbed her in the leg and was going to have her for lunch, when Up suddenly took off in an effort to get free. The Skorupi was immensely interested in this "flying", and tried latching on to Up in order to fly. Up, weighing nothing compared to the Skorupi, only succeded in dragging him out of his burrow, where the terrified scorpion turned tail and fled. Up refused to tolerate that sort of "cowardly business", and began to teach the Skorupi how to get out in the wild on its own. Up learned from the Skorupi as well about how to conceal her recklessness (see Down's sig attribute for more info). Then they both got caught by the League and here they are.

Effects:
Up and Down bring out the best in each other. Whenever Down is on the field, Up gains a +1 stage boost to defense (included in her normal +6 maximum and -6 minimum), and gains the ability Battle Armor in addition to Aftermath. However, she has a 10% chance of simply hiding for an action because of the timidity Down instilled in her.

[Down] Skorupi (Male)
Down was a shy Skorupi by nature, only preying on the kills foolish enough to stumble straight into his nest. One such kill was an idiotic Drifloon, moving straight towards the nest without a care in the world. Down stabbed his poison pincer straight through her paper-thin legs, before the Drifloon shocked Down by jumping...and staying in the air. Down was enthralled by this, and was rushed outside by the Drifloon, where he promptly fled back in. He thought that the Drifloon was being "pompus and overconfident", and so began teaching her how to guard herself. He learned a bit as well (see Up's sig attribute for her spin on the story). Then they both got caught by the League and here they are.

Effects: Up and Down bring out the best in each other. Whenever Up is on the field, Down gains a +1 stage boost to Attack (part of the +6 maximum and -6 minimum) and gains the ability Guts in addition to Poison Point. However, his base accuracy is reduced by 10% because of the recklessness Up instilled in him.
Hmmm... both approved.

Edit: But I'd prefer you give the two attributes distinct names.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom