• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

blurf I need to be more active here MAYBE MORE POGEYMANS WILL HELP

[Tiptaptwo] Doduo (M)
Early Bird

[Jay] Buneary (F)
Cute Charm

whoooosh

Hoping to get~ My starting team~ Here's a link~ to the bank post~
[BoTelTep] Baltoy (Genderless)
Ability:
Levitate
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: Rapid Spinning: BoTelTep has always been somewhat hyperactive, even for a Baltoy. Its spinning is remarkably fast, and it causes a strong breeze, so when BoTelTep is on the field, Spikes or Toxic Spikes (although they would be ineffective on BoTelTep anyway) are eliminated for all Pokémon, and the Fog condition is cleared. Any attack based on manipulating the air to hurt BoTelTep (Gust, Air Slash, etc.) has its damage reduced by half, as do attacks based on things in the air (Sleep Powder, etc.) and non-damaging moves of this type are entirely eliminated. Also, any Pokémon using a Contact-based move takes 3% Ground-type Damage. This is tiring, however, so BoTelTep uses up 2% Energy every turn it is spinning. BoTelTep stops this temporarily when commanded to use an move that damages the opponent, or when it is Asleep or commanded to stop. BoTelTep does not stop spinning when commanded to Chill, Do Nothing or use a non-damaging move. BoTelTep also stops spinning for an extremely short time if taking more than 25% damage in one attack, but starts again after a second. There is enough time for, perhaps, a close-ranged Quick Attack or similar to hit in this.
($5)

[Gracey] Feebas (Female)
Ability:
Swift Swim
Body Mod: None
($5)

[ZipZap] Magnemite (Genderless)
Ability:
Magnet Pull
($10)

[Toxic] Croagunk (Male)
Ability:
Dry skin
($13)

[Flygon Who Is Really A Trapinch] Trapinch (Female)
Ability:
Hyper Cutter
(Can she be shiny? Pleez?)
($10)

Last edited:

Hoping to get~ My starting team~ Here's a link~ to the bank post~
[BoTelTep] Baltoy (Genderless)
Ability:
Levitate
Body Mod: Rapid Spinning: BoTelTep has always been somewhat hyperactive, even for a Baltoy. Its spinning is remarkably fast, and it causes a strong breeze, so when BoTelTep is on the field, Spikes or Toxic Spikes (although they would be ineffective on BoTelTep anyway) are eliminated for all Pokémon, and the Fog condition is cleared. Any attack based on manipulating the air to hurt BoTelTep (Gust, Air Slash, etc.) has its damage reduced by half, as do attacks based on things in the air (Sleep Powder, etc.) and non-damaging moves of this type are entirely eliminated. Also, any Pokémon using a Contact-based move takes 3% Ground-type Damage. This is tiring, however, so BoTelTep uses up 4% Energy every turn it is spinning. Bo stops this temporarily when commanded to use an move that damages the opponent, or when it is Asleep or commanded to stop. BoTelTep does not stop spinning when commanded to Chill, Do Nothing or use a non-damaging move.
($5)

[Gracey] Feebas (Female)
Ability:
Swift Swim
($5)

[ZipZap] Magnemite (Genderless)
Ability:
Magnet Pull
($10)

[Toxic] Croagunk (Male)
Ability:
Dry skin
($13)

[Flygon Who Is Really A Trapinch] Trapinch (Female)
Ability:
Hyper Cutter
(Can she be shiny? Pleez?)
($10)

The Pokémon themselves are approved, and yes, the Trapinch can be shiny--you don't need permission or approval for purely aesthetic things like a color change, don't need to get them reapproved if you change your mind about them, etc..

I'm a little iffy about the Baltoy's attribute, though. It makes sense, but it seems a hair too powerful for a first stage. "Turn" is not a valid unit of time in ASB, so you need to specify either "action" or "round" there. And would flying-types/Pokémon with levitate not take any damage if they used a contact attack on BoTelTep? They're touching it, so it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't get hit when it spins around. Typeless damage (and a lower number than 3%) would probably make more sense there, especially since there's no real reason for it to be ground damage in the first place.

For myself:

[Räsvelg] Pandive (M)

plus two exp gained here and two rare candies gained here and here gives me

[Räsvelg] Osgrave (M)

I was going to wait until my battle with Negrek finished but screw that I am impatient. >| Moar big guns naow plz.

Aaand then also getting two move mods from my business:

[Fang] Aerodactyl (M) <Rock Head>
AHBE Move: Head Smash

[Car Insurance] Grovyle (F)
AHBE Move: Grasswhistle

Last edited:

Okeydokey, edited it to 2% Typeless damage and 'turn' to 'round'. Figured that since Baltoy is made of something like compacted mud, it would be Ground-typed damage, but yeah, I didn't think to factor in immunities. Also added a tiny moment of vulnerability.

Last edited:

Okeydokey, edited it to 2% Typeless damage and 'turn' to 'round'. Figured that since Baltoy is amde of something like compacted mud, it would be Ground-typed damage, but yeah, I didn't think to factor in immunities.

The attribute is not automatically approved as soon as you make a few changes to it, as an approver still needs to look it over with those changes included. Additionally, do not edit anything when you are asked to fix it. Repost the entire attribute instead.

Honestly, I'd drop the damage to 1% per hit for just a Baltoy. Additionally, I would still like to tone down all of the attacks that get reduced damage or are nullified; I don't have a lot of time left on the computer right now and so can't go into a lot more detail, but I would start by reducing that 50% damage off to maybe 25% off and having attacks like sleep powder (which you seem to be listing under attacks that would have reduced damage rather than under attacks that would be canceled out, by the way) have their accuracy reduced by 10%-15% percent rather than ignored entirely.

Okay, here we go again.

Rapid Spinning: BoTelTep has always been somewhat hyperactive, even for a Baltoy. Its spinning is remarkably fast, and it causes a strong breeze, so when BoTelTep is on the field, Spikes or Toxic Spikes (although they would be ineffective on BoTelTep anyway) are eliminated for all Pokémon, and the Fog condition is cleared. Any attack based on manipulating the air to hurt BoTelTep (Gust, Air Slash, etc.) has its damage reduced by 25%, as do attacks based on things in the air (Silver Wind, etc.) and non-damaging moves of this type have their accuracy reduced by 15%. Also, any Pokémon using a Contact-based move takes 1% Untyped Damage. This is tiring, however, so BoTelTep uses up 2% Energy every turn it is spinning. BoTelTep stops this temporarily when commanded to use an move that damages the opponent, or when it is Asleep or commanded to stop. BoTelTep does not stop spinning when commanded to Chill, Do Nothing or use a non-damaging move. BoTelTep also stops spinning for an extremely short time if taking more than 25% damage in one attack, but starts again after a second. There is enough time for, perhaps, a close-ranged Quick Attack or similar to hit in this.

Can I increase the damage when Bo Evolves?

The Pokémon themselves are approved, and yes, the Trapinch can be shiny--you don't need permission or approval for purely aesthetic things like a color change, don't need to get them reapproved if you change your mind about them, etc..

I'm a little iffy about the Baltoy's attribute, though. It makes sense, but it seems a hair too powerful for a first stage. "Turn" is not a valid unit of time in ASB, so you need to specify either "action" or "round" there. And would flying-types/Pokémon with levitate not take any damage if they used a contact attack on BoTelTep? They're touching it, so it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't get hit when it spins around. Typeless damage (and a lower number than 3%) would probably make more sense there, especially since there's no real reason for it to be ground damage in the first place.

For myself:

[Räsvelg] Pandive (M)

plus two exp gained here and two rare candies gained here and here gives me

[Räsvelg] Osgrave (M)

I was going to wait until my battle with Negrek finished but screw that I am impatient. >| Moar big guns naow plz.

Aaand then also getting two move mods from my business:

[Fang] Aerodactyl (M) <Rock Head>
AHBE Move: Head Smash

[Car Insurance] Grovyle (F)
AHBE Move: Grasswhistle
Stuffs approved.

Okay, here we go again.

Rapid Spinning: BoTelTep has always been somewhat hyperactive, even for a Baltoy. Its spinning is remarkably fast, and it causes a strong breeze, so when BoTelTep is on the field, Spikes or Toxic Spikes (although they would be ineffective on BoTelTep anyway) are eliminated for all Pokémon, and the Fog condition is cleared. Any attack based on manipulating the air to hurt BoTelTep (Gust, Air Slash, etc.) has its damage reduced by 25%, as do attacks based on things in the air (Silver Wind, etc.) and non-damaging moves of this type have their accuracy reduced by 15%. Also, any Pokémon using a Contact-based move takes 1% Untyped Damage. This is tiring, however, so BoTelTep uses up 2% Energy every turn it is spinning. BoTelTep stops this temporarily when commanded to use an move that damages the opponent, or when it is Asleep or commanded to stop. BoTelTep does not stop spinning when commanded to Chill, Do Nothing or use a non-damaging move. BoTelTep also stops spinning for an extremely short time if taking more than 25% damage in one attack, but starts again after a second. There is enough time for, perhaps, a close-ranged Quick Attack or similar to hit in this.

Can I increase the damage when Bo Evolves?
I see you haven't changed your "turn"s.

Does BoTelTep still use the 2% energy on an action when it uses a direct attack and therefore stops spinning? And is it "free" to hit on that action with a contact-based attack? I'm not quite sure how long you intend for the stop to take effect for.

You can upgrade signature attributes upon evolution, yes.

Sorry, I guess it got lost on the other page. In the future, please copy and paste instead of quoting--quotes inside of quotes get lost.

What is Katsubosha's current ability? I'm a little iffy on letting a baby Pokémon have two abilities in addition to the other stuff either way, but his basic information should be restated regardless. Also, would falling asleep temporarily remove the Bad Dreams ability as well as his ghost typing?

The way you describe the possession makes it sound like the attribute only kicks in after he's taken X amount of damage--if you meant to add that condition then you forgot it, and if not I'd consider rewording the description.

Is there any particular reason you chose to lose the moves you did? They're balanced enough and it's not the end of the world if they don't have any relation to the attribute, but... they don't, as far as I can tell. Why?

I SURE DO KNOW HOW TO GET LOST FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME okay let me finally try this again-

Firstly, I planned to have both - mostly because Inner Focus make sense anyway in the sense to flinching would be an attempt against his physical form, while the possessors would not be directly affected - not to mention, if one does become disrupted another fills in shortly after.
BUT there was a detail I forget to add - I wanted Katsu to permanently be a Riolu, for purposes of my own story behind him as well as a direct effect of being possessed as he is, making a happiness evolution different, difficult and/or impossible. Thus, although he (or maybe it should be said his ethereal friends..) is far more powerful than a normal Riolu, he can't directly become more so, at least not normally and for the cases of ASB possibly never. That should hopefully clear up those intentions.
- He should possibly be considered a fully evolved Pokémon for the purposes of certain situations, such as the battle you (Kratos) recently posted looking for fully evolved Poke's only due to his abilities, but still suffer the pre-evolution damage penalty due to the body's pure physical limitations. It also helps to balance him this way, I feel.

Also - Bad Dreams would -not- be cancelled if somehow both were asleep. Although the spirits would lose control over Katsu, the sleeping opponent is still in a mentally vulnerable state allowing the spirits to continue doing their stuff. However - I should add the clause that Bad Dreams can only activate -initially- if Katsubousha is awake at the time, so if, say, he is put to sleep and then the opponent uses Rest, he cannot actually haunt his opponent until he himself is back to his awakened and Ghost/Fight type state, and of course only considering they're still sleeping themselves.

His typing should be active right from the state of battle - as I mentioned, he becomes nervous in actual conflict, which gives enough of a mental vulnerability within himself to allow full possession. It doesn't need any sort of trigger initially.

And his moves were mostly a selection of higher-powered physical moves I felt required a more focused disposal of physical conditioning and focus or otherwise, and especially considering how I noted his body would be highly contorted. Doing something like heavily stomping to cause and Earthquake, or jumping in a way that he could perform such a kick as HJK would be very difficult to pull off and the spirits in control likely would not even bother, instead opting for their more ethereal ways of attacking. It was more of a balance thing, I suppose, he loses most of his more power-based Fighting moves as well as some coverage and utility, such as being unable to heal himself in any direct way by losing Rest. Quick Attack is in the same vein, as I don't think his whole body would be apt to be able to move like that - but I left Mach Punch due to him likely still being able to work his fists adequately, although if you preferred I removed that as well it wouldn't be an issue - albeit I see no reason to limit Vacuum Wave so one way or another he will have a Priority Fighting move.

[Katsubousha] Riolu (Male)
<Inner Focus / Bad Dreams>

Signature Attribute: Ghost Hotel
- Katsubousha is, for all intents and purposes, a normal Riolu at most times. He does however, come from a powerful bloodline - one that, for reasons unknown, attracted spectral attention to him in particular. Katsu is possessed by a variety of ghosts, and when threatened, frightened or otherwise nervous his body goes limp allowing them full control of his actions - and Katsu himself for the most part never personally sees battle. This keeps a certain cycle going, making him nervous to fight, which allows the spirits control, which means he never conditions himself for it. The spirits have, however, grown to share a symbiotic-like relationship with him, and in addition to having disposition towards his own feelings and views, seem to be under the same method of control as normal captured Ghost types.
With these spirits gain control, they will begin to incorporate their own abilities with those of their host - although they cannot fully utilise him themselves. In addition while under their control, Katsu will be pulled partially into the spirit world; effectively making him a part-Ghost type, and weaknesses and resistances will be modified as such.
Katsu's body tends to take strange forms while under control of the spirits, and he often shuffles sideways, swings his upper body and arms loosely, or even bends over backwards nearly crabwalking. In addition to making some movement awkward, It can give off disturbing vibes to his opponents, and should they fall under the effects of sleep some of his errant spirits can prey on this - effectively granting him the 'Bad Dreams' ability.
Katsu is also incapable of phasing, due to his body still being a technically feasible object, and if Katsu himself can be reached and calmed by way of Sleep status or similar, the spirits will temporarily lose their control until the effect ends, cancelling his Ghost subtype. While sleeping, Katsu's 'Bad Dreams' cannot activate, and will only afflict an opponent should he be conscious. This ability will activate as soon as Katsubousha is conscious on the field with a sleeping enemy, and will remain in effect once activate until the time of their waking. In addition, Attract has a 50% chance of working from both genders due to the spirits making up every gender and preference.

Effects:
-Katsubousha is considering to be a Fight/Ghost type, and weaknesses, resistances, immunities and STAB are adjusted accordingly.

-Sleep cancels Ghost typing temporarily. (Until awoken) Sleep Talk cannot use any moves listed in Move Mods, both gained and lost types.

-Attract will work at a 50% chance from both genders.

-Gains 'Bad Dreams' ability in addition to natural 'Inner Focus'. Damage from Bad Dreams lowered to 2% per action. 'Bad Dreams' can only activate while Katsubousha is awake. It will activate at the soonest point Katsu's body is conscious on the field with a sleeping enemy, and only de-activate upon their waking.

-Katsubousha may not evolve. For purposes of battles requiring fully evolved Pokémon he is considered to be final form, however due to the physical limitations of this smaller form he still suffers the damage and energy penalties associated with younger Pokémon.

Move Mods:
- Quick Attack, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Attract, Rest, Reversal, Cross Chop and Hi Jump Kick
+ Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Spite, Hypnosis, Haze, Trick Room, Snatch and Destiny Bond

Okay, here we go again. Again.

Rapid Spinning: BoTelTep has always been somewhat hyperactive, even for a Baltoy. Its spinning is remarkably fast, and it causes a strong breeze, so when BoTelTep is on the field, Spikes or Toxic Spikes (although they would be ineffective on BoTelTep anyway) are eliminated for all Pokémon, and the Fog condition is cleared. Any attack based on manipulating the air to hurt BoTelTep (Gust, Air Slash, etc.) has its damage reduced by a quarter, as do attacks based on things in the air (Silver Wind, etc.) and non-damaging moves of this type have their accuracy reduced by 15%. Also, any Pokémon using a Contact-based move takes 1% Untyped Damage. This is tiring, however, so BoTelTep uses up 1% Energy every action it is spinning. BoTelTep stops this temporarily when commanded to use an move that damages the opponent, or when it is Asleep or commanded to stop. This leaves BoTelTep ‘free’ to take a hit on that action, and eliminates the energy loss. BoTelTep also stops spinning for an extremely short time if taking more than 25% damage in one attack, but starts again after a second. There is enough time for any move above normal priority to hit in this if used by a Pokémon with above 60 base Speed. BoTelTep does not stop spinning when commanded to Chill, Do Nothing or use a non-damaging move.

Last edited:

I'm not sure whether this is a move mod or a body mod. Move, I think.

[nenya] dratini (♀)
move mod:

Nenya had an unusual fondness for the move Natural Gift even in the wild, where, in she was know in her clan for her myriad uses of the move; but still she was not satisfied with her power.
With the free time that comes with being with a trainer, she has perfected her control of the move, learning to manipulate its form, and to form it as a move her own type.
Finally, she learned to imbue it with the various elemental energy she can control; however, in doing so, she tends to briefly imbue herself with the same energy.
However, her mastery of this power ignores her other intrinsic powers: she can no longer express her Hidden Power meaningfully; nor can she draw on the Secret Power.
Effects:
Nenya can project the move Natural Gift in an arbitrary shape. This does not have any real effect other than in interactions with the arena. Natural Gift always gets the same-type attack bonus, and in the action she uses the move, Nenya gains the type of the move as a secondary type. When using moves with personal range, Nenya can take -1 to priority and change the type of her Natural Gift to the type of any move she can use during that action. (These types being: dragon, electric, fighting, fire, ice, normal, poison, psychic, steel, water, and typeless.) She is unable to use the moves Hidden Power, Secret Power. (Nature Power or any other move which depends on the state of the user, too, but Dratini doesn't get any.)

Probably trying to do too much.

Naw, he's named after Fudgie the whale. You know, the Carvel mascot?

No, I don't know. *Googles*

I'm not sure whether this is a move mod or a body mod. Move, I think.

[nenya] dratini (♀)
move mod:

Nenya had an unusual fondness for the move Natural Gift even in the wild, where, in she was know in her clan for her myriad uses of the move; but still she was not satisfied with her power.
With the free time that comes with being with a trainer, she has perfected her control of the move, learning to manipulate its form, and to form it as a move her own type.
Finally, she learned to imbue it with the various elemental energy she can control; however, in doing so, she tends to briefly imbue herself with the same energy.
However, her mastery of this power ignores her other intrinsic powers: she can no longer express her Hidden Power meaningfully; nor can she draw on the Secret Power.
Effects:
Nenya can project the move Natural Gift in an arbitrary shape. This does not have any real effect other than in interactions with the arena. Natural Gift always gets the same-type attack bonus, and in the action she uses the move, Nenya gains the type of the move as a secondary type. When using moves with personal range, Nenya can take -1 to priority and change the type of her Natural Gift to the type of any move she can use during that action. (These types being: dragon, electric, fighting, fire, ice, normal, poison, psychic, steel, water, and typeless.) She is unable to use the moves Hidden Power, Secret Power. (Nature Power or any other move which depends on the state of the user, too, but Dratini doesn't get any.)

Probably trying to do too much.

This is a signature attribute, I believe. It doesn't take an action to activate this, right? It only modifies her movepool and the effects of one attack.
Since I'm not a signature attribute approver, though, I don't think I can go any further than that.

well, if blazhy had to ask that question, I'm probably not being clear enough.

it's intended to be activated during a personal-range move by taking -1 to priority (stat-boosters, healing, and chill, mostly).

still not sure whether this is a move mod or a body mod.

[nenya] dratini (♀)
something mod:
Effects:
Nenya can project the move Natural Gift in an arbitrary shape. This does not have any real effect other than in interactions with the arena. Natural Gift always gets the same-type attack bonus, and in the action she uses the move, Nenya gains the type of the move as a secondary type. When using moves with personal range (mostly chills and stat-boosters), Nenya can, by taking -1 to priority and expending 2% energy, change the type of her future uses of Natural Gift to the type of any move she can use during that action. (These types being: dragon, electric, fighting, fire, ice, normal, poison, psychic, steel, water, and typeless.) She is unable to use the moves Hidden Power, Secret Power. (Nature Power or any other move which depends on the state of the user, too, but Dratini doesn't get any.) Nenya enters battle with an randomly-typed Natural Gift.

(if this qualifies as a body mod, I'll need to state that regardless of whether I decide to give her a sig in the future, Nenya has Natural Gift as a 90-base no-miss.)

Did I mention I'm probably trying to do too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom