• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

I'll buy a Heracross.

[Titan] Heracross (F)
Ability: Guts
$28 - $25 = $3

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=341319&postcount=1991

Approved.

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showthread.php?p=341339#post341339

bought one Elekid, Nincada, Staryu, and Koffing

NOw, if I want them to have sigs, do I have to do that now?

Nicknames

Male Elekid-Karashi
Female Nincada-Kirieva
Female Koffing-Nox
Ungendered Staryu-Flo Jo

You need to declare an ability for your Staryu, the bank post also needs to link to your purchase post in this thread, and it's easier for the staff in the bank (and registration) if you make new posts for new purchases/transactions instead of editing old ones--we aren't notified when you make an edit and so might miss you.

You can come up with signature moves and attributes whenever you like; it's actually recommended that you don't do it when you're purchasing your first Pokémon, just so you can get the Pokémon themselves approved and out of the way before you worry about tweaking a sig.

So, let me get this straight.

Post here buying mons. Post bank linking here where I bought the mons?

And declaring Staryu...Illuminate, see how that works out for me here.

Another question...if I don't like Illuminate, can I change its ability upon Evolution? Seeing as some Pokes change that way anyway (Nincada, Poochyena, Magikarp)

So, let me get this straight.

Post here buying mons. Post bank linking here where I bought the mons?

And declaring Staryu...Illuminate, see how that works out for me here.

Another question...if I don't like Illuminate, can I change its ability upon Evolution? Seeing as some Pokes change that way anyway (Nincada, Poochyena, Magikarp)

You post here to buy them, then make a bank link that links to that post, and then edit the first post buying the pogies to contain the link to that bank post.

And yes you can.

[Kappa] Mudkip (M)
Ability: Torrent
Sig Attribute/Body Mod: Natural Leader

Kappa is well known for his charisma, kindness, and never say die attitude. Due to this, Kappa is well liked by his fellow mons, and is a natural born leader. He's sort of like the Barack Obama of the Pokemon world.

Now, let's hypothetically say, that, oh, I don't know, Barack Obama was shot.

You'd probably feel sad that such a great leader has passed away... and then you'd feel angry. You'd do anything to avenge the fallen leader!

That's what happens with Kappa's teammates.

When Kappa is knocked out, his companions will mourn for him after he is killed. After that, though, they'll get angry.

Very angry.

Effects: If Kappa dies, his teammate will drop what it's doing and mourn on the next action it takes. In a 1v1 battle, the sent out Pokemon will spend their first action reminiscing, and in a 2v2 battle, the Pokemon will mourn the action immediately after Kappa dies. After that, it will try to avenge Kappa. To do such, it will gain a +1 in Attack and Special Attack.

Is this good?

[Shawn]Girafarig(M)
Early Bird

and

[Midna] Sableye (F)
Ability: Stall

woo gifts

Link to where you acquired them?

[Karashi]Elekid[M] $25
Abillity: Static

[Nox]Koffing[F] $10
Abillity: Levitate

[Flo Jo]Staryu[O] $7
Abillity: Illuminate

[Kirieva]Nincada[M] $5
Abillity: Compoundeyes

Linking to bank post...
http://dragonflycave.com/forums/show...339#post341339

Now gotta repost bank post linking here, and I should be good?

Your link has an ellipse in the middle; please fix it.

Okay, um, but one question since I'm kinda confused when it comes to gifts: Do I link to the bank or birthday thread?

Birthday thread. The person who gave the gift should include the first approval link in the post they gave it to you, as well.

[Kappa] Mudkip (M)

Kappa is well known for his charisma, kindness, and never say die attitude. Due to this, Kappa is well liked by his fellow mons, and is a natural born leader. He's sort of like the Barack Obama of the Pokemon world.

You'd probably feel sad that such a great leader has passed away... and then you'd feel angry. You'd do anything to avenge the fallen leader!

When Kappa is knocked out, his companions will mourn for him after he is killed. After that, though, they'll get angry.

Very angry.

Effects: If Kappa dies, his teammate will drop what it's doing and mourn on the next action it takes. In a 1v1 battle, the sent out Pokemon will spend their first action reminiscing, and in a 2v2 battle, the Pokemon will mourn the action immediately after Kappa dies. After that, it will try to avenge Kappa. To do such, it will gain a +1 in Attack and Special Attack.

Is this good?
...I'm guessing you don't mean "dies" literally, since that pretty much never happens in an ASB battle. Make it "is knocked out." Replace 1v1 with "single" and 2v2 with "double," as I'm guessing that's what you mean. I'm afraid I don't see how this would work in single matches, though, since there's no way for a pokémon just being sent out to know which of its teammates was battling before it.

I mean that their first action after being sent out would be mourning. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear earlier.

[Kappa] Mudkip (M)

When Kappa is knocked out, his companions will mourn for him after he is knocked out. After that, though, they'll get angry.

Very angry.

Effects: If Kappa is knocked out, his teammate will drop what it's doing and mourn on the next action it takes. In a single battle, the Pokemon sent out next will spend their first action mourning for Kappa, and in a 2v2 battle, his teammate will mourn the action immediately after Kappa dies. After that, it will try to avenge Kappa. To do such, it will gain a +1 in Attack and Special Attack.

Better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom