• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon theories / thoughts

Uh, haven't you heard? They were originally going to program it to be.
source?

How the fart do Eevee even live? They have such a potential for evolution, just thinking about all the undeveloped Eletricty sacs and Fire sacs in an Eevee's body confuses me...
...well, that's more musing then asking a question, but whatever.
why would they not just develop upon evolution? even so, lots of animals have vestigal parts (like how some whales and snakes have vestigal leg bones that don't really do anything). I don't see how having these undeveloped parts would be harmful, and upon evolution the ones not needed would probably disappear anyway.

~If Metagross were to play Alakazam in a game of chess, which of them would win? They both know Future Sight, too, so it would be a battle of the outpredicting skill of four supercomputers vs. an IQ of 5000

Neither would be very good at the game, in my opinion. Pokémon, even smart ones, probably need trainers for a reason; I think that pokémon are relatively poor planners and innovators on their own. Thus, they tend to be bad at chess.

How the taco can Porygon hatch from an egg?!

It was programmed to.

On the topic of Beldum, why the fuck is it so hard to catch?

Perhaps its computer-like brain allows it to screw with the capturing process as it happens rather than just beating the inside of the ball up like non-beldum do.

(Obviously it was an oversight in the programming but that isn't an in-universe explanation so)

~How does cross-species breeding not create a mix between two Pokemon and instead just teach an extra move? Talking mother is Pokemon you want and father is the breeding assistant with the move. (example, Eevee line(female, though how rare it is) + Absol(male))

~How does cross-species breeding not create a mix between two Pokemon and instead just teach an extra move? Talking mother is Pokemon you want and father is the breeding assistant with the move. (example, Eevee line(female, though how rare it is) + Absol(male))

Not likely Gamefreak/Designer's ideas are represented here, but Butterfree did make her own theory pertaining to the genetics of Pokemon, and quite detalied too. Go :HERE: to see.

Radiation seems to have a lot to do with how they evolve.

They aren't, they're merely compared to computers often on their Pokédex entries. The Sapphire entry even mentions them eating prey, which means they're most likely normal animals, far removed from normal as they may be.
Ah. I thought Metagross were super computers.

That eevee woulb be a crossbreed if it learned a new move. Since eevee can't normally learn something like baton pass, but it can through brreding, it isn't a normal eevee.

I've always wondered how swarms, in-game, would be explained ingame somewhat logically. Or Feebas and its six random tiles.

Also, are Dream World Pokémon in the Dream World actual Pokémon or do they require Dream Mist to truly exist in-game?

Also, Ash's dad.

I've always wondered how swarms, in-game, would be explained ingame somewhat logically. Or Feebas and its six random tiles.

I believe it's migration, where a swarm is a group of those Pokemon who travel together.

And Feebas is the ultimate Pokemon troll.

~What really happened to Gary's Raticate? Did it really die, or was it just stuffed in a PC box?

It's definitely dead. Otherwise why would Gary have gone to the pokemon tower in the first place? When you battle him there, he wonders why you're there, because none of your pokemon are deceased. This not only implies that his raticate is dead, but he was also rather fond of it. (I think anyway)

Why can't you sell HMs? I mean, oother than the obvious in game reason.

Why is a machine necessary for trading? Trade evolutions aside, couldn't you just... trade pokemon?

If legendary pomemon are gods, why do we trust them to ten-year olds?

It's definitely dead. Otherwise why would Gary have gone to the pokemon tower in the first place? When you battle him there, he wonders why you're there, because none of your pokemon are deceased. This not only implies that his raticate is dead, but he was also rather fond of it. (I think anyway)

Why can't you sell HMs? I mean, oother than the obvious in game reason.

Why is a machine necessary for trading? Trade evolutions aside, couldn't you just... trade pokemon?

If legendary pomemon are gods, why do we trust them to ten-year olds?
It's not by any means conclusive -- it could be a Pokémon caught and deceased in between the two encounters, or it could even be a Pokémon from the past unrealted to his current team.

Perhaps they're not legal? Some moves being changed to TMs could simply be their HMs being legalized, too. This just off the top of my head so it probably has a gaping hole; before anybody points that out, though, there are quite a few amusing ramifications to this theory.

Perhaps it's necessary for matters of registration and somesuch. Avoiding a muckup related to OT identities, for example.

Are they gods? And how many of them were trusted to the ten-year-olds, instead of merely found and caught by them first?

That eevee woulb be a crossbreed if it learned a new move. Since eevee can't normally learn something like baton pass, but it can through brreding, it isn't a normal eevee.

...I guess that makes sense. But what I really meant is why isn't it physically notable that it's a crossbreed? Or would it be and they just don't do it in the sprites in game? (seeing how some moves might require something like that?)

...I guess that makes sense. But what I really meant is why isn't it physically notable that it's a crossbreed? Or would it be and they just don't do it in the sprites in game? (seeing how some moves might require something like that?)

|That I can't answer... Sorry mate.

Likely the reasoning for the lack of crossbreeding is as follows:

- For the games it would just end up being a ridiculous amount of programing, and alot of the crossbreeds would be, to put it plainly, fucked up.

-For the show, basically the fucked up bit, it's really not worth it.

In the end, Butterfree makes the most amount of sense about it all with her theory.

How is Lucario a steel and fighting type whe he clearly has a psychic half? (He can control aura for Arcues's sake)

How is Lucario a steel and fighting type whe he clearly has a psychic half? (He can control aura for Arcues's sake)
Aura has consistently been associated with the Fighting-type, as have quite a few things spiritual and/or related to focus.

Lucario's typing is rather shaky, but hardly the only example. I'm not saying that makes it unworthy of some theorizing around, of course, but we could bring up a lot of those. None I can name right off the top of my head now, unfortunately, but.

Back
Top Bottom