• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Quick tournament, competitive and non competitive divisions.

Espeon

Mmhm...
In hopes of building league interest, I've taken it upon myself to hold this tournament.

There will be two divisions. The Chrome division, for more competitive players and the Crystal division, for a more relaxed game play.

The rules:

Both divisions will follow these rules:
  • You may use any Pokémon other than those in the league's ban list. (Yes, that means you can use any Pokémon you already own.)
  • Battles will be conducted as single, level 100 battles.
  • Wins and losses will be posted here by both battlers to confirm the win or loss.
  • Battles are to be arranged in your own time however, if a time limit is imposed I will expect for you to have finished your battle and posted the results before the deadline. Unless there is a valid excuse, both battlers will be disqualified.
  • The style of tournament (round robin/knock out) will be decided dependant on the number of people left per round, therefore it may change every round.

About sign ups:
This tournament is on a first come first serve basis. There will be a maximum of 8 spaces per division. Due to limited spaces I will not set a deadline.

In your sign up, please specify:
  • The division you would like to join. Either Chrome or Crystal.
  • Your ID.
  • Your timezone, in terms of GMT and the name of the timezone.
    e.g: GMT -5, EST. If you are unsure of your timezone in terms of GMT, google it.

Divisions have been merged.

Round one match ups will be decided once the sign ups have finished.

Prizes:
In terms of prizes, it's difficult to know what people want. I'll see what I can fish up if people really want one.

Alloy division:

Participants:
1. Espeon (GMT ±0, GMT) ID.
2. Jetx (GMT ±0, GMT) ID.
3. Hikari (GMT -4, Eastern Time) ID.
4. SonicNintendo (GMT -5, EST) ID.
5. Jack_the_PumpkinKing (GMT -6, Central US Time) ID.
6. Ramsie (GMT -6, Central US Time) ID.
7. Prettzel (GMT -5, EST) ID.

Round 1:
Jetx - Odd one out*;
SonicNintendo vs. Jack_the_PumpkinKing;
Espeon vs. Prettzel;
Hikari vs. Ramsie;

*Screw that, you're going through!

Round 2, Semifinals:
Espeon vs. Jetx;
Hikari vs. Jack_the_PumpkinKing;

Last edited:
Wait. before you add me How long is this tournament going to take approximately

Well, it's intended to start and finish quite quickly so as not to drag out. I can't really approximate as it depends on how efficient you guys as the participants are at getting things done and finished. I'll impose time limits in extreme cases.

I suppose 3 to 5 weeks?

Also, can I ask everyone a huge favour?
This tournament is supposed to advertise the WiFi forums to the rest of the forums so if you could try to encourage some of your forum friends who you think would be interested, please persuade them to join. 8 per division would be ideal.

Thanks a lot guys!

Well, it's intended to start and finish quite quickly so as not to drag out. I can't really approximate as it depends on how efficient you guys as the participants are at getting things done and finished. I'll impose time limits in extreme cases.

I suppose 3 to 5 weeks?

Oh all right. I'm going to have to back down from this one
Maybe next time

Chrome Division
ID: here
Time Zone: GMT -4 (Eastern Time)

Starting June 26, I'm on vacation, but I will still have wifi access via hotel room, but I'll find a way to connect though.

SonicNintendo, if others don't sign up to the crystal division, it may be best to move you into the chrome division. If this were going to happen, would you be comfortable with that or rather drop out?

Hikari, that's fine. Will you be able to arrange/organise your battles whilst on holiday?

I'll sign up for the Crystal division (but if the two end up merging, that's OK by me, I'm still in).

My ID

Timezone: GMT-6, Central US Time

I know that ordinarily Chrome is EV-trained and Crystal is non-EV-trained, but if the tournament ends up merged will everybody be able to use both EV-trained and non-EV-trained Pokes (or a combination of both)? I don't see why not, but I thought I'd check.

I know that ordinarily Chrome is EV-trained and Crystal is non-EV-trained, but if the tournament ends up merged will everybody be able to use both EV-trained and non-EV-trained Pokes (or a combination of both)? I don't see why not, but I thought I'd check.

I thought some people in Crystal used EV-trained Pokémon anyway? That could just be a misconception on my part though.

Either way, thanks for saying that you wouldn't mind to be merged if necessary.
Please, invite anyone on the forums you think would be interested!

SonicNintendo, if others don't sign up to the crystal division, it may be best to move you into the chrome division. If this were going to happen, would you be comfortable with that or rather drop out?

I'll make my desicion when the time comes. For now, wait and see. If I have to make a choice, please drop me a PM.
Thanks
SN

Hikari, that's fine. Will you be able to arrange/organise your battles whilst on holiday?

On the June 26th and 27th, I won't get Wifi access until I get to the hotel room late afternoon and the timezone will be Central Time on 27th. From 28 on, I'll be fine since I will have access to internet until July 4th when I go to another location which is questionable... but I'll be back on July 7th will full Wi-Fi. Hopefully the battle happens once within the 10 days when I'm on vacation.

On the June 26th and 27th, I won't get Wifi access until I get to the hotel room late afternoon and the timezone will be Central Time on 27th. From 28 on, I'll be fine since I will have access to internet until July 4th when I go to another location which is questionable... but I'll be back on July 7th will full Wi-Fi. Hopefully the battle happens once within the 10 days when I'm on vacation.

Absolutely fine.

Since we have three for each we could do a Round Robin tournament if there are no more sign-ups for a week or so. I'm hoping we'll get a few more in both divisions though.

I'll sign up for the Crystal division, but a merged tournament is fine by me.

My timezone is GMT -5, and here's my ID.

Back
Top Bottom