• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rebirth

Sand whipped up on the field, then was quick replaced with Rain. She rubs her eyes and lets out a silent cry as the silhouette of the bug nears her once more, blades crossed like an 'X'. She raises her arms to defend herself, when a feeling comes over her.

Get up little one...time to defend yourself.

She opens her eyes, a raw new emotion raging through her. She gets up onto one knee and crosses her arms, twin blades sliding out of her elbows. She feels the force of the bug's attack clash against her 'swords', the weight of the blocked attack making her flinch from the pain in her arms from the past attack. She slowly get to her feet and pushes the bug back, holding her arms out to her sides, taking a sword fighters stance. She glance toward the other Pokemon and let out a annoyed sigh.

If only they stopped attacking, this could be settled swiftly.

She concentrates on her inner power and creates a large green bubble around herself and the bug, pushing all others away from the battle. She raises her arm and points it at the green attack, a fighter's look in her eye.

"This is my fight. Stay out."

((Large protect, separating my char and Kali's from the others.))

"Pssh. Don't look at me. That one MADE me "stop" you fools." Lucifer growled.
"If you really want to murder yourselves.." he stopped.
A blade of grass trembled as a Buneary hopped, its intoxicating aroma remembering Lucifer of his ever-growing hunger. Thirst was inexplicably quenched.
"And now for my kill."

The Leafeon looked down.
"I'm...", he said, "sorry. Some things just set me off, I suppose. I don't know why, but I saw the attack, the blood. The scene felt... familiar, in the worst, most horrible way. Terrible scenes flashed through my mind. From then on, I suppose you could say there is no telling what I'll do."
The rain started again. The Leafeon looked down at the ground and was about ready to shed a tear. He willed the rain away again. The rain stopped, and the clouds broke. The sun grew oppressively bight and hot again. It made the Leafeon feel a bit better.
"I'm sorry...", he said to the Raichu, and bowed apologetically.

Sorinak smiled gently. "It's nice that you apologize. It's just your personality that makes you aggressive like that, I guess. Everyone has flaws, strengths and quirks."

--

Lupistar grinned. He was starting to like this Raichu. But the way it acted all bossy bothered him a bit. But at the same time it was prophetic... was that good?

((Right))

Blade stood and looked around the area, before finally saying: "Alright, what do we do now?" and waved his arms around.

The Scyther was surprised to find that, rather than sinking into the soft flesh of the Gardevoir, his blades were actually blocked by what looked like some sort of arm blades on her elbows. He croaked, curiously observing her odd arms and the barrier that surrounded them.

"Fine with me," the Scyther responded, in a low, gruff voice, stepping back into a fighting stance of his own. "Let's go then." He could feel himself somewhat worn down by prior attacks, but a rush of adrenaline flowing through him got him up to speed. This was his chance, without interference, to finish a fight.

In the blink of an eye, he stepped forward and slashed down at the Gardevoir's waist with his left scythe, a motion from his right to left, keeping his right arm raised by his chest, prepared to block an oncoming attack.

"Maybe.", the Leafeon replied, "I don't know. Do you believe in reincarnation? I heard terrible things back there, maybe I lived a past life surrounded by violence? I don't... think, I'm an aggressive person."
He laid down and basked in the sunlight. The wound inflicted by the Scyther then started to slowly close up.

"Reincarnation..?" Lucifer responded, sighing as he crouched. He had caught the Leafeon's last words.
He was stuck with idiots. Yet again.
"After we die..ther's nothing." he replied solemly. "Don't you know that?"

"Well, maybe there is nothing.", the Leafeon replied, "How would you know? You've never died before, have you? If you have, what did that feel like?"
He then rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "I really did recall things back there that I don't think I've experienced... At least, I don't think I've seen another man get beheaded yet."
The Leafeon's mind then changed, "So, let's get to know each other. I think that'd be a nice thing to do. Let's start with our names."

Lucifer leapt, clasping the Buneary's skull in his jaws. The Pokemon gave a squeak as his fangs ground inside, killing it. He swallowed an arm andf the head,blood dripping from his muzzle. He paused and looked up at the Leafeon. "Simple. Near-death experience. Nobody has ever reported turning INTO something. Thus, you are wrong." After lapping up some of the crimson liquid spurting from the disembodied mammal, he responded,"..Lucifer. I think..I think I went by something else before..Gre-Gr..Rrrrr..oh screw this, just call me Lucifer."

"We could try to find some others..." Umbreon offered. "Or we could tough it out on our own." Umbreon laid down, and looked at the sky. She then sighed.

((Is it nighttime yet? >:3))

Instinct takes over when the bug takes a deadly swing at her waist, blocking the blade with her own. She presses her other blade to the one raised, locking eyes with the green bug's.

"You attacked us. Why."

She starts to push against him, pinning his raised blade to his chest. She glares down at him, her purple eyes taking on a dangerous glint.

The Scyther growls at the Gardevoir and knocks her arm-blade away from his chest with his left blade. He begins to quickly jab-slash several times at her body, in succession, speaking between blows. "I saw the Clefable... as prey... That's all it... should have been... Then lots of others appeared... out of nowhere... If you... and they... just let her go... this wouldn't have happened."

She blocks the best she can, receiveing a few blows from the attack. She lets out a growl of her own and jumps back from him, rage engulfing her.

Prey? The pink one..prey?!

She closes her eyes and concentrates, her mind becoming shaper and clearer. She mutters under her breath about honor and protection, her form engulfed in a purple glow once more. Her wounds stung, but she doesn't notice as the psychic energy within her form into a single ball floating at chest level. She opens her eyes and cries out, the energy bursting from the ball in a single beam.

((Calm Mind, Psybeam.))

There wasn't much, but the Scyther sensed an opening. The Gardevoir was planning something big, and he had to try to stop it. After the Gardevoir jumped back and began collecting her psychic energy, the green bug charged at her, blades crossed, and leapt at her, attacking with his X-scissor. But even as he attacked, he couldn't stop the psybeam. A searing energy slammed into his chest, knocking him backward. He fell onto the ground, groaning in pain, his eyes barely able to stay open. The Scyther tried, but couldn't get himself up, and remained laying there.

Cicada looked over at the horizon as the sun drew closer to the end of the land. "It's time for me to get going now." With a soft buzzing from her metallic wings, she drifted around the forest, looking for a suitable place to rest. But there was a somewhat tall tree that she could see in the middle of shorter ones. That would be good.

Quickly grabbing onto it with her pincers, she got a good grip on the wood and began to clamber up, closer and closer to the thick branches. They crisscrossed all over the place, and it would hide her. But to get through she would have to cut an entrance. Carefully snipping off a few of the branches, she crawled through the new opening and rested on the tangly branches. It must have been a larch tree; only it had branches like this.

Lupistar looked at the other Pokémon. "Since it's going to be night soon, I might as well find a place to sleep." He turned his head towards the Raichu. "Sorinak, you should come with me. We're both Electric-type, so we should stick together."

Sorinak tilted his head. "Electric?"

The Electrike shook his head. "Never mind. Come on, I'll race you."

The Raichu nodded. "You bet."

As the two got into a running stance, Sorinak remembered something he had once read that made him know he had just made a fatal mistake.

"Stop!" he cried, but it was drowned out by Lupistar's "GO!" as he sped away towards the forest.

Exasperated, the orange mouse followed his friend at a speed that was, in comparison, about one mile an hour.

Panting, she walks toward the fallen bug, her barrier disappearing as she moved. The swords on her arms slide back into her elbows, blood drying on her body from the pervious blows.

She was lucky that the beam blasted the bug away before it could hit her again.

She stands in front of the attacker and looks down at him, a firm look in her purple eyes. She raises her hand and causes the bug to float up. She secretly smiled to herself.

I'm getting the han gof this power.

"You...Scyther. I understand your desire to feed, but I sugest you leave my friend and I alone. There is only one of you and two of us...and that's not counting the many other pokemon that appeared from this ordeal."

She flicks her finger, cauing the scyther to look at her.

"Either you quietly leave and never try to harm us again, or you stop all together and try becoming friends rather than enemies. I don't want to fight, but if I must, I will not hesiate to kill you if you threaten my friend's life again. Flight or surrender. Choose now."

Back
Top Bottom