• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rebirth

As he lay in a dazed, semi-conscious state, several things ran through the Scyther's mind.
What happened? Why did this happen? Why are all these creatures here? What brought us togetheer? ... or who? The Scyther groaned, struggling just to remain conscious, his body trying to lift himself back up.
Why don't they finish me off? Who are they? "Who am I?" What he didn't realize was that that last question, he spoke out loud.

She continues to look down at the Scyther, waiting for his answer to her question, when he asks one of his own.

He doesn't know who he is either.

"...You...don't know who you are?"

She lowers her hand, a softer look in her eyes now.

"Then you are like me...confused and lost. I don't know who I am...neither does my friend here...Maybe we can help each other out, like I said before"

She extends her hand to the Scyther, this time in a friendly manner.

"Join me...and maybe we can find something about ourselves. Let's stop this violence and work together..."

The Scyther just stared back up at the Gardevoir. Why didn't she finish him off? Why was she now trying to extend a hand to him? And... what did she expect him to do with her hand, when he didn't have any hands of his own?

"... Join ... you? But.. what do you hope to do? Do you have any plans, any strategies... for that? Just wandering together with no purpose isn't going to do anything to answer any questions." However, for some reason he felt satisfied. she had shown her strength and beaten him fair and square... something inside him instinctually told him to follow her. He tried raising one of his blades, to show why he couldn't raise a hand to her. "But... all right..."

She falls silent when he raises his hand, then starts to chuckle at herself.

"Of course you can't take my hand...sorry about that...it just felt natural to hold my hand out to you"

She then flicks her finger and lifts the Scyther to his feet.

"As for a plan...I believe that by moving around, we may stumble upon something that will trigger memories...something that will help us figure out who we are. But until then...We should try to at least figure out names for ourselves...at least until we figure out our real names at least"

She smiles, glad to have found a new ally in this endeavour. She then looks pver her shoulder at the pink fluff she was talking to before.

"You...I wonder what name would suit you..."

Alina peeked out from her little ball she'd been curled into for the remainder of the fight, eyes wide and helpless. She rubbed at her eye with a paw, sniffling. Blood smeared her pink fur on her belly, and it hurt still. The creature from before was talking to her.

"Huh...?" She said faintly, standing up.

" Are you alright...? Do you need medical atten...tion..."

She looks confused, looking down at one of her hands.

"....what's medical attention..."

She shakes her head a little, chuckling to herself again.

"I'm going crazy...whatever. Would you mind if..I think of a name for you...? pleeeeeeease?"

"If... you want." She mumbled, gently placing her paw on the matted, bloody fur on her belly. The cut didn't seem all that bad anymore, but was sore. She'd be fine.

blood pain oh god the baby...

She winced as the word jumble ripped through her skull again, bringing with it half-formed memories that faded as soon as they came, and she forgot again. She shook her head in an attempt to clear it, but just made herself dizzy.

She smiles, walking over to the pink girl and crouches down next to her. She places a hand on her and pets her soft pink fur.

"There has to be away to heal you...or maybe you could heal yourself some how..."

She then closes her eyes and begins to think of what name would suit the pink fluff. She strokes her fur, careful not to hit the wounds.

"...Astra...that seems good..."

"Astra." She said to herself. It had a nice ring to it, she had to admit. She smiled.

"Thank you... Can.. Can I name you?" she asked shyly.

Her belly stung. She wished that it would stop hurting... Right when she said her wish in her mind, a point of light overhead flared into life, unnoticed to her.

((Wish~))

She nods, a peaceful smile on her face.

"Yes...you can name me if you wish. I'm glad you like the one I gave you...Astra"

"I... I'll call you..." She mumbled, searching her mind for a suitable name. Then, one rose into her mind and she said it before she could think about where it had came from.

"Rein."

"Rein...hm. It sounds...like a familiar language...I like it"

She laughs a little, finally finding sense of peace. She looks up at the sky, letting out a soft sigh.

"The sky is so...beautiful...all those stars...when did it change from day to night..."

She looks back at the Scyther, smiling at him.

"Now for you...do you want to name yourself or do you want me to think of a name..?"

"Name?" The Scyther stood back on his feet. What was his name? Did he even ever have a name? He felt so confused. What did it even matter though?

"I don't deserve a name. I lost. If you wish though, you can give me a name."

Rein nods, searching her mind for a suitable name for the Scyther. A name that would suit such a pokemon that was swift and good in battle. A name that would fit him perfectly.

"Raghu"

Ming smiles at him, not sure where the name came from, but it seems to fit.

Then she heard the voice of another being. She turns and looks at the pokemon, recognizing it as one of the ones that was fighting. She nods at his question.

"Yes...we don't know who we are..."

"Food...", the Leafeon said quietly, "I have transcended the need for food."
The second wound visibly closed up as he lay in the sunlight.
"Being a plant is so cool...", he noted.
He then joined the others, "Well I suppose it doesn't matter who we were or are. Especially because I got stuck with such terrible residual memories. Anyway, I suppose we're to live here or what? I don't particularly mind what we do, I just don't like being alone."
"If I've been paying attention... Your names are Astra? And Rein?", he added, "Wait... who is who..?"

Nevra watched from her place in the bushes. No one seemed to be attacking each other now. In fact, they seemed to be talking, in calm voices, quite unlike the ones she was used to hearing. Still, the soft sound soothed her.

She wondered if they would notice her if she came out now. They probably would, since they weren't preoccupied with fighting each other. But how would the react? She had tried to hurt them, she thought as she guiltily remembered the burst of light.

Then again, they had been trying to hurt each other too, and had had much more success than she had. The one she had hit with the light had just become stronger.

I'll take my chances.

She emerged from the bushes surrounding the clearing, hesitantly floating over. She was suddenly having second thoughts. How would she fight back against all of them? She didn't feel like she could make that strange light reappear and hit all of them one at a time. She wouldn't stand a chance.

((Agh agh agh agh agh... Sorry for being away >_< Been to York, England for 12 days and I've just come home. Will try to keep up.

Oh, and it's nightime now, Mewtwo.))

"We... should get going. It's getting dark and I'm hungry and tired." Waterfall said and looked at the two pokémon before him. Somehow, he felt... inner peace when he looked at the Shiny Umbreon. His eyes switched to it without him concious of it. 'I feel... good...' He thought, while still staring at the black with shining blue rings dog-cat.

'What the hell's wrong with me?'

Umbreon stared up at the moon. She then saw glowing... seeming to come from behind her. But it wasn't behind her; it was the rings she had obtained through becoming a Pokemon. "I... think I have decided my name now. It... will be Moonshine."

Back
Top Bottom