• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Religion

Religion? It needs to rot.
What is it exactly? Simply a grouping of teachings that lead into a very narrow minded view on the 'right life' and encouraged by using punishment from a divine being whom of which has no hardcore proof for their existence apart from the third party novel known as 'The Bible'. This, of course, referrences Christianity only, but the same applies for any religion, really.

What has religion honestly done for us? Pointless (often mindless) tradition and even oppression, violence, murder and attempted genocide. If religion were allowed to throw itself at the world and dominate, then all that would exist would be a cult of mad, gullible and violent creatures.
In the eyes of religion, the gypsies, the gays, the man who wears clothes made of two pieces of fabric should be put to death.

To follow in the path of Neiztche, roll on the supermen.

In the eyes of religion, the gypsies, the gays, the man who wears clothes made of two pieces of fabric should be put to death.
Don't forget the guys who trim the hair around their temples or like to keep their beard tidy.

Lev. 19:27 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip the edges of your beard'

Or the guys who work on the Sabbath.

Lev. 19:30 'Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD' (yes it's written like that in my Bible)

Don't forget the guys who trim the hair around their temples or like to keep their beard tidy.

Lev. 19:27 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip the edges of your beard'

Or the guys who work on the Sabbath.

Lev. 19:30 'Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD' (yes it's written like that in my Bible)

They come from the same page I got the two material thing from, if I'm not mistaken.
Quite frankly, if I ever had a child and they became religious, I'd disown them. Then, because they were religious, I'd castrate them with my feet.

Quite frankly, if I ever had a child and they became religious, I'd disown them. Then, because they were religious, I'd castrate them with my feet.

Aren't you going to be a great parent...

Religion is just another controversial and prejudice topic.

There's no need to hate a religion just because someone gave you a bad impression.

And by the way, Catholicism is like, the most popular religion in Ireland. Chances are, you'll have to live with it. So no starting hissy fits.

I don't hate a religion because someone gave me a bad impression. I hate it because it was forcefully shoved down my throat by a state-owned school for eight years. There's a difference.

And as I live in Ireland, I'm PERFECTLY AWARE that Catholicism it the most popular religion, no need to insult my intelligence. And I will have to live with it. But I have never had any attention of having a hissy fit over it.

I'm Catholic. I may not have the same views sometimes, but I am.

I do think it goes too far sometimes.

I'm Christian. I believe in the teachings of the Bible, etc. But some people don't want to, and it's pointless to try to make them become religious.

A passage in the BIBLE says "don't cast your pearls before swine". Basically, this means don't give up your valuables (in this case, Christianity) to people who won't use them. What are pigs going to do with pearls?

I don't think it's right to try and force religion upon others. It's their decision what they believe, and if they chose not to believe in the same religion as you, or any religion at all for that matter, then leave it alone. You're only making more trouble for yourself and everyone else.

DR said:
I don't think it's right to try and force religion upon others. It's their decision what they believe, and if they chose not to believe in the same religion as you, or any religion at all for that matter, then leave it alone. You're only making more trouble for yourself and everyone else.
didn't you want homosexual marriage to be illegal because your little book said it was bad

What are pigs going to do with pearls?

th_TonTon.jpg

Wear them. :)

I don't think it's right to try and force religion upon others.

Wish the crusaders thought the same.

Aren't you going to be a great parent...

Woe is me. I care, I really care. I hate kids and I hate religion, to have them both bundled up and thrown on my shoulders would be cause for a psychomaniacal rampage.

Indeed. That quote basically suggests you'd support an atheist Crusade...

Yes, it does. Yes, I do.

Caller, I'm sorry, but you actually disgust me. Why can you not accept that some people believe in a religion, however irrational or lacking of evidence it may be? I can't believe you'd even disown your children over it :|

Also, why exactly do you hate children? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just wondering.

Caller, I'm sorry, but you actually disgust me. Why can you not accept that some people believe in a religion, however irrational or lacking of evidence it may be? I can't believe you'd even disown your children over it :|

Also, why exactly do you hate children? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just wondering.

Also - ask yourself why people who believe in a religion can't accept that some people don't believe in it, however rational and logical their belief happens to be? Why do people who believe in a religion have the inability to totally accept something different to themselves?

You think digusting? Look at the people you're defending. I may be as bad as them in aspects of tolerance of each other, but at least I'm tolerant of a lot more than them. And at least I'm not a fool.
Existentionalists. Aren't we great? :|

EDIT: As for why I hate children, I just don't. Possibly for the same reason you dislike me. I can't tolerate them :)

Last edited:
So you think. The subconcious hides itself from even yourself, you know.
Of course, if you were truly accepting, you'd accept that I don't believe any member of a religion is an accepting person. Simply by saying what you did, you've helped to prove my point. Don't argue where you can't.

Also Flora - you need to learn to create your own opinions. From what I've seen, all you do is hide behind other people's opinions with something similar to the effect of what you just said. You don't persuade me at all if you don't even attempt to argue a point yourself.

Ack, children.

Fair enough. I've never been a particularly good arguer anyway.

But what is so 'ack' about children? If you're referring to a stereotype, then that's kind of invalid.

Fair enough. I've never been a particularly good arguer anyway.

But what is so 'ack' about children? If you're referring to a stereotype, then that's kind of invalid.

Children are just one of those things I can't stand. I can deal with one or even two years younger, but whatever. How you can argue over a personal preferrence over an age, I don't know. Lot's of youths don't like old people because they're 'oppressive'. I just don't like young children :)

Back
Top Bottom