• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
I'm heterosexual.
One of my friends thinks that I'm a lesbian because I have never been in a relationship with a guy (or anyone at all) so apparently being single = lesbian :|

I do get kind of uncomfortable when other girls hug me or try to grope me and get their hands up my skirt (which my friends have done to me quite a few times), so I guess that makes me a bit homophobic? I also support gay rights and I find it awesome how different countries are legalizing gay marriage, people should be allowed to love and marry whoever they want! :)

Last edited:
I do get kind of uncomfortable when other girls hug me or try to grope me and get their hands up my skirt (which my friends have done to me quite a few times), so I guess that makes me a bit homophobic? I also support gay rights and I find it awesome how different countries are legalizing gay marriage, people should be allowed to love and marry whoever they want! :)

No, this does not make you homophobic. :| Would you be perfectly comfortable if guys tried to grope you or get their hands up your skirt?

Also, your personal preferences have little to do with homophobia, but that's not really the issue here 'cause... friends groping you randomly seems kind of odd and intrusive to me anyway.

being fucked up about groping is perfectly normal since sex (whatever gender/object you prefer) is an intimacy thing

I'm somewhat confused as many of you are.

I'd classify myself as halfway between heterosexual and asexual. I don't feel attraction to men, and barely feel attraction to women. But that's okay with me because it means I don't have to be constantly controlled by some carnal instinct.

I do get kind of uncomfortable when other girls hug me or try to grope me and get their hands up my skirt (which my friends have done to me quite a few times),
...and your friends think you're a lesbian?

nah, don't worry about it. some people are more touchy-feely than others, irrespective of sexual preference. although that does seem to be a little bit more over-the-top than just "affectionate". O_o

I was under the impression that 'traps' referred to guys who are comfortable with their biological bodies but prefer to pass as women either because they dislike gender roles (a noble cause, yes), because the clothes are comfier (this... might well be true... not going to say anything more...) or simply for the lulz.

I was under the impression that 'traps' referred to guys who are comfortable with their biological bodies but prefer to pass as women either because they dislike gender roles (a noble cause, yes), because the clothes are comfier (this... might well be true... not going to say anything more...) or simply for the lulz.
To me, it's more rolling-with-the-punches. I have come to accept myself as a trap, furfag, whateva, pretty much. This happens with every 'minority' demographic.

I have to confess I'm ridiculously fascinated by futanari.

I'm quite sure I'm bi. I'm sexually interested in very few people at all, but that small pool has included both males and females.

As for traps or reverse traps, it looks like an awesome concept on anime. But, I would imagine it would take a great deal of skill, natural endowment, and/or plastic surgery to achieve a similar effect in real life. Most convincing one I've seen was Ko Eun-chan, from Coffee Prince. (It's a great Korean drama by the way~)

M'kay, a couple of months ago, I identified myself on this thread as heterosexual and biromantic. Buuuut now things have changed...a LAWT...and now I identify as bisexual and biromantic, borderline heteromantic. I don't know exactly what made me change, other than the fact that my summer was long, hot, and very, VERY emotional. I've even come out to several people already, and almost all of them are some of my best friends.

I identify as hetero-romantic asexual.
I like people of the opposite gender, just not in that way.

I identify as hetero-romantic asexual.
I like people of the opposite gender, just not in that way.

This is probably around what I feel.

It's probably just because I'm 13 though. Anyhow, not sure if this was ever answered, but this is the distinction between bi and pan. A bi person will still only have sex with people they consider "hot", a pan is just as likely to bang Mr. Creosote as Megan Fox.

Sorta.

A bi person will still only have sex with people they consider "hot", a pan is just as likely to bang Mr. Creosote as Megan Fox.

Now that is just discriminatory. Pansexuality is "a sexual orientation, characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire towards people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex." It has nothing to do with banging anything that moves.

Hence the sorta. I realized that I worded that horribly. I guess what I really meant is that while a bi only bangs "Hot" people, a pan will bang people regardless of looks.

Hence the sorta. I realized that I worded that horribly. I guess what I really meant is that while a bi only bangs "Hot" people, a pan will bang people regardless of looks.

No, you worded it just fine. The problem is that that is one of the most insulting things I have ever heard. Bisexuality refers to attraction to either sex - hence bi - whereas pansexuality refers to attraction to anyone, regardless of gender/sex/etc. Neither has anything to do with whether the person is "hot" or not.

I'm starting to wonder if you're intentionally doing this in every topic that provides the opportunity.

excuse me for popping in here but

jackiechang.jpg

So... what exactly is the difference between "bi" and "pan?" As far as I can tell, nobody really seems to agree on what the difference is, and the only thing I've really seen posted about the supposed difference is "pansexuals are attracted to people regardless of sex."
Um... one problem: how is there any difference between "attracted to both sexes" and "attracted regardless of sex" when you belong to a species that really only has two sexes?

The only possiblity I can see distinguishing "pan" from "bi" is that "pan" would be attracted to people with some features of both sexes... but people with some features of both are not an entirely separate sex from "male" and "female", they're a person who has some features of both. And as far as I've seen, the vast majority of these people aren't even born with features from both sexes; they start out as either male or female, and then get surgery, hormone treatments, etc. later on to change their bodies (sometimes partially, sometimes completely) to the other sex. But if someone is attracted to both sexes to begin with, why would a person with features of both not be attractive to that person?

====

Also, the "only-'hot'-people vs. not-caring-about-looks" thing has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Everyone finds different types of people attractive, so what one person might consider "hot," another person of the exact same sexual orientation might be completely turned off by. For example, Paris Hilton: I think she's a hideous skeleton monster (and the way she acts makes her even worse), while a lot of people think she's "hot" for whatever reason.
If that's the only difference between them, then a "bi" person and a "pan" person have the exact same sexual orientation... one just has different preferences about appearance than the other, or maybe one's just less picky than the other.

Pwnemon said:
I guess what I really meant is that while a bi only bangs "Hot" people,

ugh please stop ruining threads

you obviously have no freaking idea what you're talking about

go away already

The only possiblity I can see distinguishing "pan" from "bi" is that "pan" would be attracted to people with some features of both sexes... but people with some features of both are not an entirely separate sex from "male" and "female", they're a person who has some features of both. And as far as I've seen, the vast majority of these people aren't even born with features from both sexes; they start out as either male or female, and then get surgery, hormone treatments, etc. later on to change their bodies (sometimes partially, sometimes completely) to the other sex. But if someone is attracted to both sexes to begin with, why would a person with features of both not be attractive to that person?

this is about right. I'm bisexual, and I'm attracted to women and men - but generally not androgyny, third gender people, etc. the main difference is that bisexual by name suggests two genders, where pansexual doesn't really discriminate between the two. If this is still confusing you, you can go and wiki 'third gender', or this is a good article too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom