• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sherlock Club

Bumping

I recently got into Sherlock, though I've only seen the first two episodes. I liked it, well written, good story... and the way Sherlock get's so excited for a case was amazing. During the first episode I was laughing so hard when he jumped and sort of spinned around when he noticed that he had a case. I also enjoyed the texting at the beginning, "WRONG!". But overall I liked that they let you inside his head with the floating text every now and then.

Overall pretty awesome, I have to see the third episode.

Also, anyone have Sherlock stuff suggestions? As in like vids and stuff. I find myself lacking Sherlock.

Last edited:
Double posting for epic reasons, I SAW EPISODE THREE.

WTFMONKEY? Ending was sooo wrong on soooo many levels. That was pure freaking evil! And Moriarty! I did NOT see that coming. That ending though, ARGH, serious, I had to swear a few times and rewind to make sure my netflix hadn't crapped out and that was actually the end. NOT happy. I need a resolution people!

Ooo Ooo! *jumps up and down* I'd like to join. ^^ I have only watched two eps, mind. The one with the hound, and the one about that lady with the phone. :D My boyfriend got me into it, he always does things like that.

I do like Sherlock, he is quite entertaining. XD

So, uh, that was. That was interesting.

For the entire last five minutes I was fairly convinced he was actually dead, if only because that would have been more true to Arthur Conan Doyle's intentions. Also because they really went out of their way to show off his "corpse". Which does make one wonder how on Earth he did it - it's all very well and good to write it off as "he's Sherlock Holmes" but beyond a certain point it just gets a bit silly.

Also, bloody hell Andrew Scott can act.

uh, obviously he wasn't dead there's a third series commissioned. DUH OPAL THIS IS OBVIOUS. also i was not even remotely emotional. nope. it just started raining on my face for some reason. also omg i know andrew scott was so good!!! ugh i was so legit into it, it was CRAZY. see this is why UK tv is always the best.

Last edited:
Well, I was blissfully unaware they'd already ordered a third series, which made it more enjoyable, I think. :D

bluh!! you people and your ENJOYMENT at not knowing what's going to happen!! so silly.

Hang on! It may be that I'm /already/ forgetting the episode, but wasn't Molly's role in everything unresolved? Sherlock says he needs her, says he's going to die, then that's it. Clearly she built a cyborg replica of Sherlock using spare parts from dead people. :o

it's called a 'cliffhanger', opal dear. :P but molly was SO IMPORTANT fuck yeah!! she's so cute i love her.

But it isn't a cliffhanger! That's kind of the point. It would be a cliffhanger if we didn't know Sherlock was alive, but we do. The question of how he survived isn't really enough to qualify as a cliffhanger, I think.

'question of how' 'not important' ??? THIS IS SHERLOCK HOLMES WHAT HOW IS THAT NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR A CLIFFHANGER. are we watching the same thing???

Um? For me cliffhanger has always meant an ending very much in the middle of a scene with more than one possible outcome. Cliffhangers are characterised by not knowing what happens next, not by not knowing what had occurred leading up to the cliffhanger. Also, this episode had closure. If it weren't for the scene with Molly it could have worked with no series 3. I mean, obviously I'm curious (I didn't say 'not important', I said it wasn't enough to qualify as a cliffhanger), but it just... isn't a cliffhanger.

Hang on! It may be that I'm /already/ forgetting the episode, but wasn't Molly's role in everything unresolved? Sherlock says he needs her, says he's going to die, then that's it. Clearly she built a cyborg replica of Sherlock using spare parts from dead people. :o

I thought that too. Except instead of cyborg, she just uses the faces of dead people to make a Sherlock mask that he put on Moriarty, and somehow animated him talking on the phone. And then she fakes tests on the body to confirm it was actually him I dunno.

Also it may be that I'm also forgetting the episode already (or am just stupid), but what was the IOU thing about?

Isn't the likelier explanation more like "Molly works in a morgue, so Sherlock somehow made his body look dead knowing she would sneak him safely away"?

Anyway, this episode was amazing and wonderful.

2x03:
Quite happy to put aside the how-did-he-do-it mystery for now* and just point blank adore the episode. The bits with Molly and John (oh gosh Martin Freeman, you break my heart with your great big words and tiny tiny self) and MORIARTY aaaaah so gutted that he's no longer in it because he was ridiculously good at playing a crazy person.

*I dread to think how long the gap will be until the next series. :c

Back
Top Bottom