• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Shoes and shoelaces

Shoe and shoelace habits

• I wear crocs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use the Ian Knot, but I'm also a fan of the Tibetan Sherpa Knot.

• I don't wear shoes at all.

• Total voters

Music Dragon

Doosic Maggon
Pronoun
she
I'm doing some research for my bachelor's thesis, so I need to gather information about shoelaces and shoelace tying habits. Please take some time to answer the poll and then elaborate in this thread. How do you usually tie your shoelaces? What shoes do you wear? What size are your shoes? What size are your feet? Do you have athlete's foot? Do you know of any good foot fetish sites? And so on, and so on. Basically, any food-related information you can provide will be much appreciated and put to good use in the name of glorious science. Sorry, I meant foot-related, not food-related. But now that I think about it, if you happen to know of some sort of combination - is there - is there any food made from feet? Do you think that might be a good invention?

I learned to tie my shoelaces much later than other people, about 2nd or 3rd grade. Usually, I tie them flimsily, and my shoelace's aglets always brake. My shoes are 10 1/2-11 (by US measurements) and my feet has this overbone (it's called sobrehueso in Spanish, not sure how it's called in English) so I need shoes that my foot is comfortable. I don't remember if I ever had athlete's foot. Hope that helps.

I learned to tie my shoelaces much later than other people, about 2nd or 3rd grade. Usually, I tie them flimsily, and my shoelace's aglets always brake. My shoes are 10 1/2-11 (by US measurements) and my feet has this overbone (it's called sobrehueso in Spanish, not sure how it's called in English) so I need shoes that my foot is comfortable. I don't remember if I ever had athlete's foot. Hope that helps.
Sobrehueso... Got it. It doesn't seem to have an English equivalent, but then again, I don't speak Spanish or Medicine. Fascinating. Is it very uncomfortable?

i tie them traditionally but usually i just slip them on and off cause i'm lazy. i wear sneakers, flipflops, dress flats, etc. size...9? 8 1/2? it differs a lot. i do not have athlete's foot.

i have no really intriguing foot information, sadly.

No. It's just that when my foot slopes up to the ankle, it's slightly bigger. It doesn't hurt or anything, but when shoes are very tight on my foot it hurts. It's this.

I would prefer velcro but as I've said in some other thread, wearing velcro seems to be a sign of not having grown up for some reason? No idea why because it's SO much more convenient than laces. If I'm sitting on a bed or sofa with shoes on, I'd rather be able to easily take the shoe off of one foot with the other foot, so I can lie down.

I tied them when I got them and I untie/retie them whenever they get loose, but other than that I usually just slip them on. Also, I double-knot them. Pretty sure most people do, but it's not explicitly mentioned in the poll, so I'll just mention it here to be safe. Right now I wear 10.5 wides, though my foot is closer to 10.0. I only get athlete's foot occasionally, and even then only between my fourth and fifth toes.

MD, take a rep, I can't give you one because it tells me I give you too much.

I tie my shoes like a normal person, I guess?

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant foot-related, not food-related. But now that I think about it, if you happen to know of some sort of combination - is there - is there any food made from feet? Do you think that might be a good invention?
As a matter of fact, butterflies have chemoreceptors on their tarsi, meaning that they taste food with their feet.

It is well known that butterflies have horrendous table manners.

PM me for hot foot fetish sites. ;)

I work in a shoe store so I spend a lot of time listening to people whine about their feet. Mine are OK. They're narrow and weird lookin but I'm pretty sure that's the half-Klingon side of my family. I could tell you what size I am in like, every measurement possible, but my feet are 23.5cm! (That's ~US 7, UK 5, EU 38.)

I'm not an athlete, so I'm lucky enough to have two feet.

most of my shoes are slip ons but the pair i wear the most is laces
i tie them with two loops. my mum showed me that way, my dad showed me with the one loop which is dumb 2 loops 4 lyf
i am uk size 8. no idea what the fudge that is elsewhere.

also foot fetishes are cool but you know what's more awesome than feet? boots. wow

and i must ask.
HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE PLASTIC THINGIES ON THE END OF A SHOELACE ARE CALLED.

UK 8 is an EU 42 (roughly 25cm for men?). the things on the end of your shoelace are called aglets, even though chrome spellcheck isn't recognising it...

I really like using shoes with shoelaces, but I never untie them unless I want to take it off the shoe and use it as a string for my cats to play with. But all my shoes' laces are so worn down that the aglet falls off, and it's like hell trying to put the lace back on.

That's why I wore boots for all of sixth and seventh grade. Eigth grade's looking to be the same.

I usually use the 2-loop knot, and if it's possible to remove them without untying them I just keep the knot there because I'm lazy.
For my shoes... during summer/warm days I like wearing simple fabric shoes (is that what they're called?), in winter I go for leather boots (with a zipper on the side, so no laces) When dressing up fancy I wear loafer/slip-on dress shoes... hiking boots when outside on trips... that's about it I think. I never wear heels (outside of cosplay), flats are much more comfortable.
My size is... European 37 (I think that's the right size) but I sometimes have to wear a 36 for shoe types that have to sit tight on the foot (or if the brand makes the shoes on the bigger side, I guess)

Last edited:
honestly out of any kind of shoe i really appreciate a nice pair of ballet flats. :V shame they make my feet stinky though.

although i do have a pair of black converse that I bought secondhand in perfect condition for nine dollars. I've had them since midway through highschool. They have huge holes in them but i can't bear to throw them out. :C

I picked the "I've only tied shoes once" option because that's what I try to do, but, apparently I can't tie shoes very well since they always wind up becoming untied and I end up having to tie them again. Because of this I've developed this weird habit where I'll knot my shoelaces once right after I get them (not with a bunny-ear knot, with a knot you'd use to tie things together) and then tie them normally on top of that. The idea is that the first knot always stays tied, so I can skip a step whenever I have to retie them. (How many times can I use the word "tie"?)

I wear the same pair of tennis shoes almost all the time until they get old, at witch point I get a new pair of tennis shoes and repeat the process. I'm a size 8+1/2 US, but until very recently I wore size 9s for my tennis shoes because I found that more comfortable. The main reason I switched was that I realized I need arch supports and probably shouldn't get them for the next size up since them they'd be the wrong size for my feet (I haven't actually gotten those yet, BTW). The reason I realized I need arch supports is that my feet get really weird when they start to hurt, especially my right one since I pulled the muscle in the arch a couple of years ago. This got really bad last year when I started working and had to stand for hours on end, although it's significantly better now that I'm used to standing for so long.

oh yeah i forgot, i have a pair of sneakers i used solely for marching band practice. i tied them once and left them tied.

these sneakers have therefore been tied since 2008... or when Bush was president

I'm a size 6. I have... pretty big feet for my size.

I usually wear flip-flops but I tie them with the bunny in the hole! And I can never slip them on or off so I retie them EVERY DAY.

Back
Top Bottom