• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

something mafia [INNOCENTS WIN]

Re: something mafia [Day 1]

Not necessarily. It depends on the person running the game. I personally randomize all actions that I don't get sent in, but several GMs just have nothing happen.

The mafia are (almost) always an exception. They HAVE to kill each night, to the extent that I've been forced to commit suicide before in order to not lose a game. If they could not kill someone simply by not sending in a night action, that would be the equivalent of being able to abstain explicitly (which is what I suggested in the first place).

Hmm... It seems that a lot of games that I have seen recently have no kills Night Zero. Maybe this game has Bulletproof or something else that keeps someone from dying.

First day sucks. I think that we should honestly hold off on a lynch. I've never really thought first day lynches are very effective unless we actually have a lead.

First day sucks. I think that we should honestly hold off on a lynch. I've never really thought first day lynches are very effective unless we actually have a lead.

Lynches are good in general. Gives us an idea on who's scum and who's not, and we might even be lucky enough to lynch mafia.

I personally agree.

Abstain, I guess. Unless something drastic comes up.

When there isn't a chance of an alien, lynching at all is usually if not always better than abstaining. If we abstain, one more innocent dies from a Mafia kill the next day (barring healer, bulletproof, etc.). But if we lynch, we have at least a chance of getting a Mafia in the bargain.

When there isn't a chance of an alien, lynching at all is usually if not always better than abstaining. If we abstain, one more innocent dies from a Mafia kill the next day (barring healer, bulletproof, etc.). But if we lynch, we have at least a chance of getting a Mafia in the bargain.

But if we lynch and miss, two more innocents will be dead by tomorrow morning. We must always balance the odds of killing mafia against the odds of killing innocents, and I think currently the scales tip heavily in favour of the latter.

That's true. I believe it would be good to abstain, and maybe tomorrow we can get up off the ground.

I am lost because I keep confusing up my roles so I planned a few night actions out ahead for nothing...

After a lengthy discussion and several pro-lynch assertions, no actual accusations are made; therefore as the sun sets and everyone returns home, the town are no closer to killing off any mafia.

Nobody was lynched.
48 hours for night actions.

Re: something mafia [night 1]

Well it's good that nobody died, I guess, but it's bad that now we still don't have any leads. Let me be the first to say that I don't want to let a game flounder into a happily ever after game.

I still like the idea of randylynching or inactivelynching unless somebody comes forward with an actual hunch/evidence/etc.

Re: something mafia [night 1]

Day 2

*insert flavour here*

Nobody died last night.
48 hours for discussion.

Re: something mafia [day 2]

Waitaminute huh how did that post get up there? Did I post during the night thinking it was day? *sweat drop*

hurr durr

My happily ever after point (well, really the whole post) still stands now that it's actually day and we have no kill.

That's right, so hopefully we don't get a happily ever after.

We could go for inactive, like...Escavalier?

What's wrong with living happily ever after? Why must everyone be bloodthirsty :(

Happily ever after is boooring. Bloodthirsty is the lynching spirit!

Really though, happily ever after is boring.

I think what might have happened is the mafia hit someone who was healed, and then the doctor healed the same person and the mafia tried again in case of alien? that's happened often in #mafia to me, anyway.

anyway I have an information role but it's currently useless soo :B

Yeah, but there are (apparently) no aliens in this game, so why would the mafia target the same person again?

Back
Top Bottom