• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

something mafia [INNOCENTS WIN]

Re: something mafia [day 3]

Players, by descending number of posts:

opaltiger - 14
Jack_the_PumpkinKing - 10
Seritinajii - 6
Mai - 5
Legendaryseeker99 - 5
Tailsy - 4
InvaderSyl - 4
Cirrus - 4
MilkAndCookies - 4
Squirrel - 3
Emerald Espeon - 3
Midnight - 3
Blaziking the Adept - 2
Wargle - 2
Silver - 1
OrngSumb - 1
Mawile - 1

Escavalier and WUE haven't posted.

We shouldn't fall into the trap of assuming that all the deathless nights were caused by lack of activity, though. It's certainly possible, but there's no reason it has to necessarily be true. If someone like Midnight were mafia, for example, I could easily see her deliberately refraining from killing anyone.

EDIT: Which doesn't mean I don't think we should lynch an inactive. They're utterly useless, and the arguments that applied yesterday are no longer relevant. I vote Escavalier.

Silver has posted once. His absence doesn't explain the lack of mafia death on day one, if we are going with that hypothesis.

Guys, please. Use your brains, don't just bandwagon because you're lazy and can't be bothered to actually contribute. I'd prefer you say nothing than mindlessly contribute to a bandwagon that is almost certainly not the best thing to do.

I'm with opal in that I feel the mafia is not killing in order to unsettle us. It's a clever strategy to use, I suppose, even though allowing the mafia to not target seems like a silly idea to me.

Escavalier since he is never freaking active anyway.

I'm tempted to wonder about Cirrus jumping on Silver without an explanation (and the implication that it's an inactive!lynch, which is not quite explanatory enough given that others have been more inactive)... but an innocent is usually more likely to make a wee mistake like than, whereas a Mafia is more likely to cover their tracks more.

Sure, Escavalier.

It's possible that the Mafia could have deliberately abstained from killing, but I don't think it's very likely. What would they really have to gain from it? Sure, it'd make us think that the Mafia may be inactive, and then we'd lynch inactive people, but meanwhile the Mafia wouldn't be killing anyone else and the result would be the deaths of people who would never have been much of a threat to them at all, and all this time they'd be risking being inspected. (Or am I missing some reason the Mafia would have to benefit from this?)

Silver has posted once, yes, but apparently she's going to be gone for a while, so even if she has an important night action, there's no reason really to keep her around. Of course, that would also mean that if she happened to be Mafia, she would be of no immediate threat to us. Actually, that same reasoning could be applied to all the inactive players as well, but they seem to be our only leads and I'm getting bored of not lynching. :( And apparently everyone decided to vote for St. Christopher while I was typing this so Escavalier it is!

Emerald Espeon has a good point - what would the mafia gain from not killing anyway, other than stalling innocents from possibly (unlikely, though) killing mafia members?

Escavalier seems like a nice choice, because there's nothing to lose! Kind of. Someone who never participates is quite useless, really.

I haven't posted because my role is pretty much useless as of right now. :(

Escavalier.

I too find Cirrus' voting for Silver a bit...strange. Excavalier seems like the obvious choice for an inactive lynch, especially considering most of the last day was spent talking about Excavalier. However, this does seem like a bit of flimsy evidence to go on. It doesn't mean she's mafia though, she could possibly be inspector?

Bah, whatever. Hopefully tomorrow will bring hints. Until them, Excavalier seems like a good choice.

Well, we'll keep Silver and Cirrus in mind and hope for better hints tomorrow.
Escavalier.

If someone like Midnight were mafia, for example, I could easily see her deliberately refraining from killing anyone.

Aww, I love you too! :D

Really, opal's interest in this game is pretty much the only reason I'm still interested :T not only is no one dying, but when I tried to send in my own action like /ten minutes/ after I got the day notification because I forgot, Mike was all like noooooo it's already daaaaaytiiiiime boooohoooo so I was like D: D< fine!! forget you, jerkbutt!!! (yes i am still bitter about that)

Anyway uh. like I said yesterday I am totally up for killin Green.

Argh, I voted Silver because I couldn't be bothered to make a list and find out exactly who had posted the least/not at all; he was the first one I saw who'd posted one or less times. Also, the only thing that he's said was:

Yeah, hi all.

Nothing to contribute really...I guess random lynch is the way to go...

Which while obviously not being hugely suspicious, is just something generic anyone could have said and hasn't benefited towards discussion at all. We wanted to lynch, I wanted to get the ball rolling, it was late, so I chose someone.

Since Escavalier hasn't posted at all, probably a better option, whatever.

Change vote to Escavalier.
If there is STILL no kill tonight, then I suggest we lynch WUE, as she hasn't participated at all in games that I have seen her in.

Last edited:

Votes: 1 Silver, 11 Escavalier

Escavalier was lynched. He was not Mafia.
48 hours for night actions.

Re: something mafia [night 3]

Day 4

At last, a body! ...not that that's a good thing or anything but at least it makes a change.

opaltiger is dead. He was not Mafia.
48 hours for discussion.

Re: something mafia [day 4]

I'm somewhat surprised that opaltiger isn't Mafia. He has a very Mafia air about him! But alas.

Well. I'm not sure what to do. Unfortunately, I have nothing to dish. Does anyone else?

...Okay, I know we've kind of figured out that this is a stupid idea, but...

We lynched yesterday and the mafia killed today.

LOG OF LYNCHES:

Day zero?- no kill
Night one-no kill
Day one-no kill
Night two-no kill
Day two-no kill
Night three-no kill
Day three-ESCAVALIER is lynched!
Night four- OPALTIGER dies!
Day four-?

I take this as proof. It is stupid, but still. :/

So... any information we have and stuff?

Nah, I have nothing to say...

I wonder where the inspectors are. I hope they're not inactive, like someone considered earlier...

It's possible that the Mafia cannot kill without us lynching during the day, but I think that would be a very strange restriction. Although Meowth did say that it would be an odd game.

Hm. Let's test the theory. No lynch.

Back
Top Bottom