• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Spore Chat

Is Spore any good?

• Yes! Amazing~

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No. Not all it's hyped up to be.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Haven't Played it.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol nice. Y'know, I'm surprised I actually haven't gotten the Can't Win For Losing one. Maybe it's because of Civ stage. Do you only get it if in Civ stage all of your cities die or just one/your main one?

Finally got the game.

$30 at Circuit City 'cause they're going bankrupt, and my creature is a humanoid eagle with way too much clothing.

Just started the Tribal stage.

No, I made a humanoid eagle that's purple. I can't remember what it's called, though.

But I do like purple, especially indigo and blue-violet :D

Lol nice. Y'know, I'm surprised I actually haven't gotten the Can't Win For Losing one. Maybe it's because of Civ stage. Do you only get it if in Civ stage all of your cities die or just one/your main one?

Good question--I think I'll experiment sometime to find out just what, exactly, constitutes dying in Civ stage. When I got myself killed in Civ stage for Can't Win For Losing, my main city was my only city, so I don't know if the loss of the main city even when one has other cities still up and running counts as "dying".

I have been doing a lot of warmongering lately. X3 And in the process of exterminating one empire in particular, I came across a planet called Stick. XD I've found other amusing city/planet/star names before (e.g. a star called Thigh), but for some reason Stick cracks me up more than any other.

Pics:

I'd be p.o.'d if I had to live on a stick, too. :P

The phrase "Colony of Stick" amuses me much more than it should. XD

I've also been doing a lot of the opposite of warmongering lately, and in terraforming another empire's planet in order to suck up to them, I noticed something interesting: I got a much higher "Helping our planet" bonus for it than the same amount of terraforming has gotten me from other empires before. That particular empire is an ecologist empire, and I can't help but wonder if that might have something to do with the increased relation bonus for terraforming.

Oh, and I finally got Super Pilot. :D

Last edited:
You don't have much money for an omnipotent o_O

It seems you have invaded a stick. What were the previous owners, stick bugs?

What is the best way to get spore bucks?
Besides the obvious, missions and spice?
Cause I have two empires that I can buy, and I don't hardly have enough to support my Empire...=(

Well, you could cheat, but I know you wouldn't like that. Besides Missions and spice, there isn't much you can do. What I'd is get a huge ass fleet (i think the max is like 4 or 5?) and start raping the weakest empire you can find. And so on and so on.

Also did you all hear about an upcoming expansion? There's a thing in it that on space stage that lets your guy to physically go on a planet and do shit like shoot guys or go in cities.

But I do like purple, especially indigo and blue-violet :D
I love purple too. 8D

Also did you all hear about an upcoming expansion? There's a thing in it that on space stage that lets your guy to physically go on a planet and do shit like shoot guys or go in cities.
That sounds so cool. I just wish I had a video game card now so I could go get it or somethin. DX

A while ago, actually. But that doesn't mean it's not awesome xD

You don't have much money for an omnipotent o_O

It seems you have invaded a stick. What were the previous owners, stick bugs?

If they had been stick bugs, that would have been too awesome for words. XD

And heh, I have even less money in this shot:

Stick - The Sequel!

I made sure to take that planet, too--I couldn't have Stick and not have Stick-2 to go with it. X3

I allied the Grox recently--I love the reaction that you get from other empires upon doing that. XD Shortly thereafter, I proceeded to go and get the 42 achievement. Current goals are now as follows:

Wanderer Hero
Quietus Star
Cell Addict
Manifest Destiny
Oh the Humanity!

If they had been stick bugs, that would have been too awesome for words. XD

And heh, I have even less money in this shot:

Stick - The Sequel!

I made sure to take that planet, too--I couldn't have Stick and not have Stick-2 to go with it. X3

I allied the Grox recently--I love the reaction that you get from other empires upon doing that. XD Shortly thereafter, I proceeded to go and get the 42 achievement. Current goals are now as follows:

Wanderer Hero
Quietus Star
Cell Addict
Manifest Destiny
Oh the Humanity!

I ... I never knew it was possible to have so much money at Omnipotent stage o_O

Anyway, when you get Omnipotent status, or ally with the Grox, does a special cutscene happen?

Btw, if you need help finding Sol; this helps. I should try it sometime :)

Also: Thankfully, players can destroy Earth and quit without saving, and still get the Achievement.

I ran into a star system with a name similar to 'Penis' hold on a sec, and I'll get a screen shot.

funnystar.png

Last edited:
Anyway, when you get Omnipotent status, or ally with the Grox, does a special cutscene happen?

Btw, if you need help finding Sol; this helps. I should try it sometime :)

Also: Thankfully, players can destroy Earth and quit without saving, and still get the Achievement.

There's not really anything special about the cutscene for when you reach Omnipotent status; it's basically just like the cutscenes for all the other rank-ups. The *insert archetype* Hero achievement will pop up on the screen if you don't already have the Hero achievement for that archetype (and Alter Ego's Alter Ego will pop up as well upon reaching Omnipotent in your tenth and final archetype, I would imagine), but that's the only really remarkable thing that comes up on-screen when you reach Omnipotent.

No cutscene at all for allying the Grox... however, you do generally get a nice left-hand column full of... interesting responses from other empires the moment you make that alliance. X3 Plus the Dance with the Devil badge pops up when you close the communication panel with the Grox.

And I have now (well, not "now" but rather the other night) found Earth! :D And made it a splode. X3 (And yep, I did remember to save prior to setting off that Planet Buster and quit without saving after getting the achievement.) Basically, what I went by was a pic I found of the full galactic view with the location (or general location) of Sol circled on it and a piece of paper with Sol's coordinates on it. The Chen Dessel homeworld is in the arm right next to the one containing Sol, so getting over there didn't take very long. Once I was in the general area, I just started flying around, keeping an eye on my coordinates and mousing over yellow stars until I found it.

Allying the Grox makes it easier to go to Sol than it would be if one weren't allied with them, I'd imagine (unless you're already on the same arm as Sol or near a wormhole that takes you to that arm and bypasses Grox territory, in which case you wouldn't need to deal with the Grox at all to get there); they didn't mind me passing into their territory in order to cross over to the next arm at all, of course. Oh sure, I had a bunch of other empires giving me "YOU SUCK, WAR NAO" transmissions as I passed by throughout the duration of the trip, but pfft. Any time they'd send ships after me, I'd simply sit still, let my nice, ass-kicking Grox bodyguard ship remove the pesky little gnats, and then move on. :3

Pics:

Sol from outside the system.

Manifest Destiny

Oh the Humanity!

Creatures on Earth

And that's quite an interesting video there--what I found particularly interesting about it was that it showed me how the Sol system can vary from game to game. For example, his Sol system had a purple spice planet and mine didn't--all yellow in my file, iirc. Ah well; I'm debating whether or not to do any colonizing there anyway. I'd really kind of like to keep most if not all of the planets/moons as they are, especially Earth, Mars, and the Moon; I just really like the way they look as they are. I guess if I were to colonize anything in that system, it'd probably be one of the available moons of gas giants (which for some reason are not shown when you mouse over Sol from outside the system). Maybe Titan.

Other things'll vary from game to game, too, such as how many species are present on Earth when you find it--it was found to contain just a single species of plant life by the guy in the video when he found Earth, whereas it has animals when I found it (a full T-1 ecosystem, iirc). So yeah, your results may vary.

I ran into a star system with a name similar to 'Penis' hold on a sec, and I'll get a screen shot.

funnystar.png

XDDDD Hilarious!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom