• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sprite Palace

The outlines on the revamp also are all black, while they could use some color to be there.

I'm also kind of wondering about that thing coming out of Porygon's head.

what's wrong with the Bulbasaur?
The outlines need to match the colour of the pokemon. According to my eyes, the outline looks sort of green, which makes the outline stand out really bad. Where did you get the colours from? If you got the colours from a sprite just take the outline colour from that sprite, and use that. If all else fails, you could use black since it is a black pokemon, but you shouldn't do that all the time.

Except that, your sprites are quite cool. Have a cookie. *hands cookie*

The outlines need to match the colour of the pokemon. According to my eyes, the outline looks sort of green, which makes the outline stand out really bad. Where did you get the colours from? If you got the colours from a sprite just take the outline colour from that sprite, and use that. If all else fails, you could use black since it is a black pokemon, but you shouldn't do that all the time.

make sure it's not a full metal one, according to midnight it gives you a bellyache

After reading that about 5 times, I get what you mean. What color do you suggest for the black part?

That better?
picture.php

I joined to get better at making sprites, so thank all who have helped me.

Somehow, there was blue on it. No idea how that happened. Anyways, I got rid of it.
picture.php
Much better. However, there are still some blueish dots floating around. And, some of the outline has gone blocky. Made sure that the outline does not consist of a bunch of outline pixles.

That's awesome! But the snout needs to be colored brown, and I think that the outline on the bottom of the horn should be removed, like in newer sprites.

Thanks! I hope you don't mind suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom