• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true

-That it was pronounced Ray-kwah-zuh. Of course, in retrospect, the actual pronunciation becomes obvious
Wait - that's not how you pronounce it?
That "Arceus" is pronounced "Arr-see-us" not "Ark-ee-us". And I still call it "Arr-see-us".
I believed that until reading this post.

Also, I thought that Shellos was the baby form of Lapras.

I pronounce Arceus as "Arr-soos". ''<

Me too!!

-I believed that holding a+ up on the control pad would cause the pokemon to be caught immediately even if it had full HP.
-There was an evolution of Raichu that had a name suspiciously like Raikou.
-And I also believed the Mew trick...

I was a gullible little Pokemon freak. :)

ゼニガメ26;409150 said:
Nope, the quaza comes from quasar, which I should have realized considering how much I loved Power Rangers as a kid.

... I never knew that. I've been pronouncing it the right way all these years but still. Learn something new every day, I guess 8D

I still pronounce it "ray-kwah-zuh"... mainly because "ray-kway-zuh" sounds pretty lame, regardless of what word the name might have been derived from.

(...what the heck does a type of galaxy that puts off a lot of energy have to do with a 20-foot green sky dragon, anyway?)

I agree w/ the pronunciation.

(Well, I believe it was shown in Destiny Deoxys that Rayquaza comes from space, and perhaps it's home is located inside a quasar?)

what business does a random blue whale have being twice as tall/long as said 20-foot green sky dragon?

It's a whale. Whales are big. The real question is: why is Wailord so small when real blue whales can reach 100 feet?

About as much as a king has to do with the Legendary Golems.

The Regis' names could be taken as meaning something along the lines of "a King of Rock/Ice/Steel" or "a King made of Rock/Ice/Steel." So... not really much like the Rayquaza/quasar thing.

Last edited:
Oh, I used to think that there was a 1-in-1000 chance of finding Pikachu on Route 1 (Yellow, grr) hence, on my brother's Silver game, I convinced him so. After about a month of not finding it, we just gave up, when to Viridian Forest to train an egg and BAM, Pikachu. My brother was so ticked off

This one is really bad. In my neck of the woods, it was cool to make up rumors about video games and try to convince your friends that they were true.

As a result, I was under the impression that in the year 2020, the Snorlax blocking the entrance to Diglett's Cave would come back with two heads, four legs and Hyper Beam as all four of its moves....

I believed that, y'know. Man I was gullible.

Back
Top Bottom