• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
Nintendo direct's over and so are the E3 conferences, and other than Pokémon X and Y, Super Smash Bros is probably the thing they showed that I'm most excited about!

(if anyone can find any option to subscribe to an RSS feed of this site, please tell me!)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvudMu-5kIU

What we know:
It's been known for a while I think, that it will be available on both 3DS and Wii U

• Mario
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Fox
  • Pikachu
  • Bowser
  • Pit
  • Animal Crossing Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Pikmin & Olimar
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Toon Link
  • Sonic
  • Marth
  • Rosalina and Luma
  • Zelda
  • King Dedede
  • Lucario
  • Little Mac
  • Diddy Kong
  • Shiek
  • Yoshi
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Charizard
  • Greninja
  • Ike
  • Mii
  • Palutena
  • Meta Knight

I'd be willing to bet that the regulars will be back (Peach, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, etc) but it's all speculation beyond what we already know.

From what I can tell, the final smash is going to be in it, since I think Samus does hers in the trailer.
Does that also mean Zero Suit Samus will be back?

The stages I recognised were Battlefield (Super Smash Bros) and Spirit Tracks (Zelda) and Skyloft (Zelda). I think the one with Nintendogs in the background looked like it could have been a stage builder stage, though that could just be me.

What my hopes are:
  • Alt costumes that aren't just recolours. It'd be nice if characters like Pokémon Trainer could be female, also Peach has had a Daisy alt since forever, it'd be cool if she actually looked like Daisy. (although personally I'd prefer Daisy to be a separate character :P) I doubt we'll see that though, since we always get characters like Link and Toon Link, or Mario and Dr. Mario.
  • We'll probably see a third Pokémon, and since Lucario was in a lot of marketing material for D/P I expect it to be Zoroark or maybe a 6th gen Pokémon. Personally I want it to be a Pokémon that's popular because it's popular rather than because it's marketed.
  • Maybe it's because I've grown up thinking handhelds are rubbish compared to home consoles, but I hope the fact it'll be on the 3DS won't somehow take away from the experience. I suppose Smash Bros isn't a terribly complicated game, so I'll probably be happy here.
  • The return of Snake and Sonic.
  • Krystal from Starfox. I see no reason why she wasn't in Brawl, she'd fit in better than Wolf. It'd be really easy to come up with a moveset based around her staff so she'd be a Starfox character who isn't a clone of Fox.
  • No slipping. Banana skins are okay. Random slipping is not.

Any other hopes/guesses for what characters or other stuff will be in this one?

Last edited:
Nintendo direct's over and so are the E3 conferences, and other than Pokémon X and Y, Super Smash Bros is probably the thing they showed that I'm most excited about!

(if anyone can find any option to subscribe to an RSS feed of this site, please tell me!)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvudMu-5kIU

What we know:
It's been known for a while I think, that it will be available on both 3DS and Wii U

• Mario
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Fox
  • Pikachu
  • Bowser
  • Pit
  • Animal Crossing Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer

I'd be willing to bet that the regulars will be back (Peach, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, etc) but it's all speculation beyond what we already know.

From what I can tell, the final smash is going to be in it, since I think Samus does hers in the trailer.
Does that also mean Zero Suit Samus will be back?

The stages I recognised were Battlefield (Super Smash Bros) and Spirit Tracks (Zelda) and Skyloft (Zelda). I think the one with Nintendogs in the background looked like it could have been a stage builder stage, though that could just be me.

What my hopes are:
  • Alt costumes that aren't just recolours. It'd be nice if characters like Pokémon Trainer could be female, also Peach has had a Daisy alt since forever, it'd be cool if she actually looked like Daisy. (although personally I'd prefer Daisy to be a separate character :P) I doubt we'll see that though, since we always get characters like Link and Toon Link, or Mario and Dr. Mario.
  • We'll probably see a third Pokémon, and since Lucario was in a lot of marketing material for D/P I expect it to be Zoroark or maybe a 6th gen Pokémon. Personally I want it to be a Pokémon that's popular because it's popular rather than because it's marketed.
  • Maybe it's because I've grown up thinking handhelds are rubbish compared to home consoles, but I hope the fact it'll be on the 3DS won't somehow take away from the experience. I suppose Smash Bros isn't a terribly complicated game, so I'll probably be happy here.
  • The return of Snake and Sonic.
  • Krystal from Starfox. I see no reason why she wasn't in Brawl, she'd fit in better than Wolf. It'd be really easy to come up with a moveset based around her staff so she'd be a Starfox character who isn't a clone of Fox.
  • No slipping. Banana skins are okay. Random slipping is not.

Any other hopes/guesses for what characters or other stuff will be in this one?
I was thinking Zoroark until Mewtwo's new form was released. Mewtwo was already a Brawler, so it's more likely, IMO. It's Final Smash could mirror Samus', changing into its Awakened Forme or into its Regular Forme each time it uses a Smash Ball.

Also, I hope Midna becomes an Assistant Trophy, and no more Resetti.

But... I love Resetti! And I personally hope for there to be Ghirihim, if not as a playable character, then as an Assist Trophy. He is by far my favorite Zelda villain. Also, on the topic of LoZ characters, I hope that Link gets a better moveset. I found his bow to be rather useless, and his sword attacks were a bit worse than other sword-wielding characters.

Villager is the best. I mean, he GRABS MISSILES OUT OF THE AIR, AND THEN THROWS THEM BACK AT HIS OPPONENTS. Who else can do that?

WFT is hilarious. Even the acronym for her name is great.

Mega Man I kinda saw (heh, saw, Metal Blade, heh) coming. I like his moveset of assorted boss weapons.

I hope Waddle Dee is playable. And Palutena. And to a lesser extent Skull Kid (because he's an extremely relevant villain right now).

And if random tripping isn't removed I will scold a bunny.

I'm so fucking stoked about Villager and Wii Fit Trainer like holy crap; I'm going to make sure that Villager at least becomes one of my mains.

And yeah; for characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager, where they're customizable in their original games it would be great to see female alt versions! All in all holy crap am I hype.

i really don't care about the inclusion of mega man, but its neat that there are more 3rd party characters.
i am really hoping for skull kid, young link (with moveset based on MM and final smash could be fierce deity?), krystal, lucina, and maybe a final fantasy character or something.
but more females would be nice

you know it's bad when nintendo is doing a better job with megaman than capcom is

also, Lucina probably wouldn't be a new character considering her and Pr. Marth both share the same model and animations in Awakening, and getting rid of Marth would be a big no since he's literally the poster boy/mascot of the series. if anything, Chrom or the Avatar might replace Ike (if even that considering his massive popularity over in japan, he's the only character more popular than Hector)

um, i don't like the idea of getting too crazy over 3rd party characters, but it'd be p. cool. if we saw a Tales character, likely someone from Phantasia, Symphonia or Graces (since gasp, they all originated on nintendo consoles) or Yoshimitsu or someone from Soul Edge/Calibur, since you know, Namco's assisting with development

also, wouldn't be surprised if Megaman's final smash was his Power Form from MM6 and if Proto Man, Bass, or MMZ Zero showed up as assists (the former two are the most likely, but i wouldn't totally discount Zero, since the MMZ series has been totally exclusive the nintendo platforms. also need some big blocks to make more use of the Super Arm (also lol, yellow devil showing up in MM2 wily stage 1)

also, as Monolith Soft has been 1st party for nintendo for quite a few years now, KOS-MOS pls. if not that, i can totally see Shulk being playable, with maybe a big stage from Bionis or Mechonis with one or two unique monsters running around and attacking players

I love the Villager, such an interesting choice for a character!
Wonder if he will have a female villager as a skin/"alternate costume"?

Wii Fit Trainer is such a dumb idea it's good. Playing as her actually looks kind of fun!

The Trainer is absolutely stupid, IMO. And I hope that Link can use a Skyward Strike this time.

Also, if Lucario or Mewtwo or Zoroark or whatever isn't in the game, I'm screwed.

honestly, the wii-fit trainer is about as out there and unexpected as Game & Watch, i like the addition, it's so goofy. like, literally the finest in joke character. R.O.B on the other hand was an awful joke character :v

honestly, the wii-fit trainer is about as out there and unexpected as Game & Watch, i like the addition, it's so goofy. like, literally the finest in joke character. R.O.B on the other hand was an awful joke character :v
R.O.B. would have been a better joke character if he didn't suck so supremely.

ETA: Also, he didn't have an amazing intro video like a certain someone did.

wii fit trainer aww yeahhhhhh
her final smash looks completely nuts but hilarious
hope she isn't Wii U only.

also Pit hype considering Uprising is a thing and adds more possibilities to moves and voice and such
and if i ever play as Mega Man i'll just spam the Metal Blades like i do in II except they won't run out in this game woo

Last edited:
(ps: metal blade could be used infinitely in megaman 2 as well by pausing the game and unpausing after every third shot because of the way its meter depletes)

also, i would say the same about metal blade, but the top spin exists in this game

also possibly wind storm as evidenced by new gameplay footage of him released. it's either that or air shooter, but considering he has more MM2 weapons than anything it's more likely the latter

Gemini Laser, Flash Bomb, where are youuuu ;-;

honestly all i ask is that the 3DS version holds up. i don't want to have to buy a wii u just to have fun playing SSB :v

I kinda love the Wii Fit Trainer because her presence is literally nintendo going "fuck u and ur requests we do what we want" and that is beautiful

also villager is great and MEGAMAN'S DESIGNS

i've heard that the Skyloft stage is Wii U exclusive, and the Spirit Tracks one is 3DS. I seriously hope that Nintendo doesn't more do platform exclusives, especially with characters.

Back
Top Bottom