• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Oh man your save battery died. That happened on our Illusion of Giai game. We had everything completed up to the bonus boss after getting all 50 gems. I don't think we beat him though and one day we turned on the SNES and everything was lost so we never ever played it again. Yeah that stinks XD. I feel your pain XD.:)

Yeah I don't have a Wii because we don't have the open space for one XD. I never got to try out Brawl in a store either XD.:)

another confirmed character,
main.png

Sonic the Hedgehog! Don't know how many people are excited for him to return but I sure am!
based on his trailer, towards the end there is a stage that looks similar to a level from the upcoming Sonic Lost World; if so I'd think that stage would appear in both versions of SSB4, as Lost World is for Wii U and 3DS. also his moves look better too, but that's my opinion and i didn't really analyze them that much.

(and even then, it isn't even really canon, that's just the name everyone adopts because it's the constant name in presets and it's what the special manga uses).

A bit of a late reply, but... this is false.

The name "Red" isn't just seen as canonical by fans because it's the first name on the default list, or because the manga calls him that. His name is Red every time he appears as an NPC in the games (such as the battle at the top of Mt. Silver in G/S/C), too. Red is seen as canonical to the game universe by fans because... it's the name used for him by the game universe, nothing more and nothing less.

Being able to rename him when you play as him in R/B/Y doesn't override his "canon" name, at least not any more than being able to rename Link in most of the Zelda games, or being able to rename Ness and company in Earthbound, or being able to rename the entire cast of pretty much every Final Fantasy game (at least before voice acting showed up) overrides their "canon" names.

====

On an unrelated note, Sonic being back means that the two 3rd-party guys I was actually expecting for Brawl (Sonic + Megaman) are now in Smash Bros. together. That's pretty neat.

I wonder if there's going to be any more (...I would guess Snake is back too?), or if they're going to limit them to a certain number? It should definitely be "more Nintendo than 3rd-party" since that's the whole point of the game, but I'm wondering what the cut-off point will be before the 3rd-party guys seem to be overrunning the game a bit. Oh, and the 3rd-party characters should definitely be limited to pretty classic/iconic characters (Sonic, Megaman, Snake are good examples.) No generic no-names or characters from games that just came out with the first in their series a year or two ago, for example. They should be pretty well established (and... actually be characters, not "types") already to get in. I could see someone from Street Fighter (Ryu?) getting in if we didn't already have a Capcom character. Maybe somebody from the Castlevania series? Simon Belmont's about the only one from the old Captain N comics/show that hasn't made a Smash Bros. appearance yet at this point, now that we have Pit and Megaman both in the games.

(...a lot of people have brought up Pac-Man as a possibility in the past, but honestly I really, really hate the 3D Pac-Man design, the one with arms and legs and a big goofy nose and such... and I just know that's what they'd use if he was playable, so I'd rather not see him get in. I'd prefer if he stayed an 8-bit yellow circle with a mouth and maybe tiny dot-eyes. Speaking of that... maybe "8-bit Pac-Man" could be an assist trophy, if they're okay with doing 3rd-party assist trophies--using it puts down a randomized pattern of dots in lines, and then Pac-Man eats one of the power-up pellets and then starts munching the rest of them down, hitting anyone in his path?)

(...a lot of people have brought up Pac-Man as a possibility in the past, but honestly I really, really hate the 3D Pac-Man design, the one with arms and legs and a big goofy nose and such... and I just know that's what they'd use if he was playable, so I'd rather not see him get in. I'd prefer if he stayed an 8-bit yellow circle with a mouth and maybe tiny dot-eyes. Speaking of that... maybe "8-bit Pac-Man" could be an assist trophy, if they're okay with doing 3rd-party assist trophies--using it puts down a randomized pattern of dots in lines, and then Pac-Man eats one of the power-up pellets and then starts munching the rest of them down, hitting anyone in his path?)
I agree, I'm not really a fan of 3D Pacman either, and I'd think there were other Namco characters to use (people bring it up because Namco is helping working on the game, so they think that might include a Namco newcomer) They're unlikely to use 2D Pacman as a fighter because it would be hard to find much to do with him, what can a ball with a mouth do? Eat, bite, roll around on the stage?
Assist trophy 8-bit Pacman could work, though! I actually really like that idea being something like what you described.
And they should be okay with third-party assist trophies, if Shadow and Gray Fox in Brawl are any indication. We'll probably get a Mega Man assist in this game (Roll? Wily?)

That's assuming assist trophies return at all (have they even been confirmed at all? because if so, I haven't seen anything), but I really hope (and think) they do because it's a nice way to include characters from more obscure stuff/minor characters/characters that wouldn't work well as playable fighters and I just really enjoy seeing more obscure characters there too.

I think they'd keep most of the characters from Brawl (minus Gray Fox, because I don't see Snake returning) plus some new ones. Likely a Mega Man character as mentioned, plus probably a Rhythm Heaven character (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)... Seeing how it's one of Nintendos "minor" worldwide franchises with several games in the series out, I don't see why not, they've put in way more obscure series. I think Karate Joe would be a good choice considering he's somewhat "significant" and been in all the games, and you could easily use his punches for attacks. I'd also like to see Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan (mostly because I like those games)... maybe they could dance to "power up" your character (or protect them in some way?) for a short while. If Dixie Kong isn't a newcomer(and I hope so!) I'd at least like to see her as an assist... her or another of the Kongs. And how about the new eShop games? Tempo from Harmo Knight? Mallo from Pullblox/Pushmo? Dillon?

Last edited:
they should've added Sora or Riku from Kingdom Hearts or Naruto or even Ichigo from Bleach! SSB won't be any fun w/o these guys

Last edited:
A Super Mario Galaxy 2 stage has been revealed.

Considering that, and the fact that Rosalina is playable in Super Mario 3D World now, I wonder if she's going to be available in this game too?

they should've added Sora or Riku from Kingdom Hearts or Naruto or even Ichigo from Bleach! SSB won't be any fun w/o these guys

Sora (and/or Riku, but let's be real, they'd be more likely to add Sora and only Sora) would be a possibility, considering there've been quite a few KH games on GBA/DS/3DS. I'd be pretty excited if one/both were added!

Naruto and Ichigo from Bleach are like. pretty much unrealistic because both are primarily manga/anime series rather than video game series.

I hope Rosalina gets in in some form! Assist Trophy, playable character, whatever!

Marth's in, btw, but that was obvious. they mixed elements of his Shadow Dragon and FE13 designs for it and looks exceptionally manly for once

i can see Rosalina being in the game somehow though, i mean she's going to be playable in SM3D World

they should add these Capcom and Sega characters as playables:
-Nemesis and Leon Kennedy(Resident Evil)
-Amaterasu (Okami)
-Tails
-Silver the Hedgehog
-Blaze the Cat
-Amy Rose
-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Rouge the Bat

For Sonic's Final Smash, I thought Sonic could summon Shadow and Silver and all three go Super and use Chaos Control to cause those who got close to get a faceful of Chaos Energy!
Whatcha guys think?

Doubtful, Sonic was pretty much as much as we're going to get, for player characters. If any of those come up, they'll be Assists.

If any more Sonic characters were added, they'd probably either change Shadow from an Assist to a playable character, or they'd keep him as an assist trophy if they choose to keep them in the game.

I could see Tails as a player character sooner than Sonic, honestly. Shadow could just be an alternate coloring for Sonic.

I don't see any other Sonic characters getting in as playable characters, with there being so few 3rd party slots I doubt they'd want to use another one of them on the same franchise.

A Super Mario Galaxy 2 stage has been revealed.

Considering that, and the fact that Rosalina is playable in Super Mario 3D World now, I wonder if she's going to be available in this game too?

Called it!

I saw this a bit ago on the Smash site. Where in the Mario World does she come from? I have not played the Galaxy games before because I don't hav any of the Wii systems. Is she a new princess or something? Thanks XD.:)

I saw this a bit ago on the Smash site. Where in the Mario World does she come from? I have not played the Galaxy games before because I don't hav any of the Wii systems. Is she a new princess or something? Thanks XD.:)

I'm not entirely sure if she's a princess. I don't think she's referred to as one in the Galaxy games, although one person told me a Luma (those little star creatures she hangs out with) does call her that at one point. Although I noticed that her article on the Mario wiki doesn't call her a princess at all.

There's a story book in Galaxy that tells her backstory, but it doesn't go into any specifics. You can't really say she is or isn't from anywhere. I think the only thing we can say for sure is that her current home is space.

Back
Top Bottom