• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

i just love that it was supposed to be a japan only game because it had such a tiny budget, but it ended up being so popular that they said "Screw it", brought it stateside, loads of profit, and now we have one of the greatest party games in the world

i hope they fix the AI in this one, playing brawl recently and i realized how annoying it was when every CPU only targets you.

I think the AI of Smash games was only designed to fight humans, though. CPU vs. CPU matches are kinda weird to watch. Not that it makes them any less fun to bet on.

We should have Midna. And I'm still on board with the petition to put Reggie Fils-Aime in the game.

Also, does anyone else feel like this one has an awkward title? SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS? I understand they didn't want any more synonyms for combat, but... I think even calling it SSB4 would've sufficed. Or maybe that's too close to Street Fighter IV.

Smash Bros Smack Down

I'm liking the new additions to the line up so far, too. Rosalina and Villager look like a lot of fun.

Any movesets you guys think they'll change?

idk, i may just be thinking of the ten different logos Capcom went through for Megaman Zero before deciding on the end result upon US release haha

The title is a pun. SSB for 3DS/ SSB for WiiU is pronounced exactly the same way as SSB4(3DS)/ SSB4(WiiU). Don't know if this was intentional or not, but given the lack of another title I'm going to say it is.

Also, does anyone else feel like this one has an awkward title? SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS? I understand they didn't want any more synonyms for combat, but... I think even calling it SSB4 would've sufficed. Or maybe that's too close to Street Fighter IV.

Not putting a number in a title is the new "_____ 64", see also Simcity, the 5th Simcity game, and Tomb Raider the 10th (?) Tomb Raider game.

Any movesets you guys think they'll change?
I'm surprised they didn't reveal Sheik with Zelda. Though I don't think they'll be getting rid of that. One of the pictures shows Zelda with a phantom but that could easily be an assist trophy.

They also didn't reveal Zero Suit Samus and I don't know if we know if final smashes are going to make a return.

Not putting a number in a title is the new "_____ 64", see also Simcity, the 5th Simcity game, and Tomb Raider the 10th (?) Tomb Raider game.

to be fair though, Tomb Raider was a complete reboot, separate continuity and all

I'm surprised they didn't reveal Sheik with Zelda. Though I don't think they'll be getting rid of that. One of the pictures shows Zelda with a phantom but that could easily be an assist trophy.

They also didn't reveal Zero Suit Samus and I don't know if we know if final smashes are going to make a return.

do keep in mind though that Zero Suit Samus was one of the last things revealed about Brawl, and they waited to update the website to include Wolf days after the game had come out

see the simcity debacle makes me sad, because it's a legitimately good game, it just had a really poorly handled broken release ):

but idk, they may or may not. regardless of whether or not, those extra characters do add on to the over all character count. they already said we won't get a bigger roster than Brawl's, which means we have a limit of 37 characters. we've already got at least twenty, so we'll see where it goes

Yeah Zelda was good in Melee. Not sure if she made Brawl. Do you guys know if they brought back the code for stealing lives? The code on N64 B+A+Z+Start IRC. Man I abused that code a lot in stock play.:) I think Melee had it as well but not sure what the code was for that XD.:)

Yeah Zelda was good in Melee. Not sure if she made Brawl. Do you guys know if they brought back the code for stealing lives? The code on N64 B+A+Z+Start IRC. Man I abused that code a lot in stock play.:) I think Melee had it as well but not sure what the code was for that XD.:)

It's just start in Melee. Always do it without permission.

Dedede looks great! Hopefully this means they'll bring Meta Knight back, too (I don't see why they wouldn't).

On an unrelated note, I think the Phantom is an Assist and they just put it near Zelda because they're from the same universe, just like they put Link in the battle that they introduced the Spirit Tracks level in.

Back
Top Bottom